Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Stock prices at time of transaction

Stock prices at time of transaction

Chris Barber
RJ: Cholmondeley Smyph

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 7
If you buy stock, the price goes up and if you sell, the price goes down. There are quite a lot of other factors involved but buying and selling probably have the largest effect.

Stock prices are displayed well enough but have almost no relevance at the time of transaction. It seems that whatever effect on the stock price my trade will have, around 60% of that effect will be applied to the stock price to which I am committed prior to the transaction taking place. This change in price is not noticeably indicated in any way until the transaction is already complete and then only if I check transaction history.

In the almost certain event that this is a feature and not a bug, how can I better mitigate the ambiguity of this mechanism? Is there a formula to determine what the actual stock price is going to be at the time of my purchase/sale or is this a complete crapshoot?

PS: This has nothing to do with my broker's half-percent commission, Lord knows Jerry's gotta feed his kids.
Zack WenJian
RJ: Zack
CO: Zack

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 114
when u buy 1m shares at $10, it doesnt means u get all 1m shares at $10 each.
it just a gauge of the price, nobody is selling 1m shares at $10, some are at $11, 12, 13,14.. so u may get and average of $14 if u buy 1m

You need to register or login to post a reply.