Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Stores and ad power splitting

Stores and ad power splitting

Marshall Delstrego
RJ: Marshall Delstrego
CO: Marshall Delstrego

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 50
After thinking about it a bit - it would probably make sense to NOT split the ad power between different products in a store.

1) realism - having multiple products means many more people come in and buy stuff. Almost nobody goes to a grocery to buy tomatoes and nothing else.

2) stimulus to produce more different stuff - with the EOS effect and research and whatnot, it makes more sense for me to produce a billion oranges than it does for me to produce a few hundred million of a bunch of different fruits. This leads to ultra-specialization, which is not necessarily bad, but it does significantly restrict what's available for purchase on the B2B, for instance (there are NO wedding dresses, NO cherry gelatins, and NO bunch of other stuff I need for quests available for sale, anywhere, and I don't have space to build more factories to produce this junk myself).
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
1) this is already implemented. Store efficiency is higher with 8 products than with only one.
2) unless the demand is far higher than offer, specialization is not really a good thing.
Marshall Delstrego
RJ: Marshall Delstrego
CO: Marshall Delstrego

+ / -

Total Posts: 50
the 5% boost in efficiency isn't really worth the time and money i burn on the extra research, lower productivity bonuses, and the fact that my primary product now sells at 52% ad power of what it was selling at before, especially short-term

You need to register or login to post a reply.