Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Supermarket curiosity

Supermarket curiosity

Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

Post Rating: 26
+ / -

Total Posts: 266
After a couple days of playing, I set myself the goal of producing, self-sufficiently, everything that a supermarket sells.

Then I made up the list of products I needed, supply chains, and necessary factories. I quickly realised I was up against an impossible task: By my count, I'd need 15 different factories to do it. For containers alone (6 kinds), I'd need a mine, smelter, paper factory and petrochemical plant. And none of these factories are needed for anything in my chain other than containers.

So hey, that brings me down to 11 different factories if I just import my containers, which I've been doing, so I'm golden. And 10 of these factories are basically indispensible in the supermarket industry. (Well, these days I could probably outsource the electricity and water, but that would be taking a fair risk!)

What do I need the eleventh factory for? One product, and one product only, it so happens. And the product is, of all things: Chocolate chips. Every single other product in a grocery store can be made in 10 factories. That's 113 out of 114, if you're as obsessive as me.

Thing is, I'm sure one of these days we'll be able to provide our customers with a non-vegetarian option (and finally have something we can do with chickens!), and at that point I'll need a slaughterhouse...and either I'll have to scrounge up 8 million more for another factory slot or decide between chocolate chips and T-bone steak. And that is a choice I hope never to be forced to make!

EDIT: Three other chocolate-related items in the supermarket are also confectionery-only, but it's still a pretty tiny slice of the grocery business!
RE-EDIT: I also have an R&D facility dedicated to a single product - caffeine! (That one makes a little more sense to me game-environment-wise though.)
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Interesting read :-)
Will I do something about it? Probably not.

You need to register or login to post a reply.