Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Suspicious Troll

Suspicious Troll

Shin Lin
RJ: Shin
CO: Sheereen

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 17
Just these 2 days, there are companies in CO named vance co, gygydhhhgjnkjh Inc, bhhhhhh, and the like bought all my cottons in the market and resell it at 350.
I'm just curious wth are you doing for?
Henry King
RJ: Business Tycoon
CO: BusinessTycoon

+ / -

Total Posts: 83
Very odd behavior. Not just cotton. This player also has many products posted for sale at extremely high prices. The player also has an absurd amount of cash for an account that has only been created for a few days, and a huge amount of debt as well.

It might be an old player who had cashed out long ago and who is now returning and buying up lots of products to then post them for sale at absurdly high prices that no one who is actually playing to make profits and run a business would ever pay.

It is also possible that someone with control as manager of a large company has used overpriced inventory on the market to sell to a wealthy player and drain away all their cash that way. I know that has been done in the past with 5 dollar electricity from reading the forums, and maybe this is one of those old players who did it in the past and has now gotten someone else to trust them who should not have been so trusting.
Henry King

+ / -

Lots and lots of products bought up now by this guy and his related companies.

This will hurt many smaller players who will not be able to buy electricity or other basic commodities that they need and used to be able to buy easily at reasonable prices.

If anyone needs a modest amount of any product that was previously available at reasonable prices on the market and now is all bought up by the jerk who is buying and reselling at extremely high prices, please message me and I'll try to coordinate to sell some to you when we are both online at prices that are close to what they were before this buying of all inventory took place.

Send message in game to Business Tycoon.
Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
Player vance has 212 million shares of Derpman Beverages. I suspect he put an ask price of $9,999,999 per share to drive up the company value to insane levels, then took out a huge loan in Derpman Beverages and somehow siphoned off all that money into vance Co and his personal cash.

He now appears to be using scripts to transfer all the water and electricity he bought to companies with stupid names, post a price like $7, then take it off the market, every few seconds. Maybe he thinks he'll break the game or something.
Huginn penis
RJ: Kou Ichinomiya
CO: Huginn RollbackRequester

+ / -

Total Posts: 31
Anyway you slice it, Derpman is now a culprit as well. Both Vance and Derpmans graphs are identical and they both made a huge profit. Don't think I have to spell out what that means.

not sure about this but it could be player: fsdfsdf is involved as well. http://www.capitalism-online.com/eos/player/16308

Recently started playing at around the same time Vance became a problem and he's working for Vance. Might as well be a 2nd account of Vance.

Apparently there is nothing we can do but wait.. Sad story indeed.
Ibrahim Arief
RJ:
CO: Sangkuriang

+ / -

Total Posts: 4
So what Tiny Hogwaffle is saying is that Vance got his trillions of dollars from using an exploit? I thought he was, like Henry King said, an old player that had accumulated his wealth in the past and now use it to troll the game.

As a small player, I tried to take the best advantage of this speculation by shifting some of my production to electricity and sell it at a higher than average price. But no matter how I priced it, even up to $7 per unit, Vance kept on buying my electricity.

The timing of his purchases also seems to be organic, sparsely scattered around the day. If it is a script or bot that made the purchase for him, surely he the bot would made the purchase within the minutes or would exclude my offer from being purchased? Since I could imagine at $7, he would not make any profit during transferring his money to the other account.

On the other hand, being a small and relatively new player, in the past several days, the profit from Vance's escapades had given me earnings comparable to what I would gain from my stores after more than 1000 hours. I now have enough buffer to afford risking establishing and expanding into a second company thanks to him.
Henry King

+ / -

I am certain that the amount of cash Vance has accumulated could have only been achieved by using an exploit in the game to create free money. He has figured out a way to cheat the system and I am not 100% sure how he has done it, but I am sure he has not earned this money via running a company. Accumulating over 100 trillion in cash in this game requires some sort of hack or game exploit to achieve. He now has more cash than any other player in the game has or ever has had in the game. In this sense, he has clearly proven that he can beat everyone, but he has done in not by playing the game, but by cheating. Since Scott is not here, no one can do anything about his cheating, but I hope when Scott returns he will ban those who have cheated using game exploits to create free money.
Company Man
RJ: Don Draper
CO: Don Draper

+ / -

Total Posts: 17
624 Trillion last time I looked, all in cash. This has gone way beyond absurd.

I don't have an issue with minor tricks that people leverage for modest gains over those who don't discover them or don't have the patience to use them. But accumulating that much cash in that short an amount of time is very obviously a horribly flawed mechanic that needs to be fixed asap for this game to maintain any semblance of credibility.
Nina Altsori
RJ: Nina Alstori
CO: Nina Altsori

+ / -

Total Posts: 9
he went up from a few billion to trillion in a little over one week, kept eye on him since he happened to be part owner in a company I just bought. This was before he started his large scale buy up.
ryan hofmann
RJ: Kurtus Kurt Kurtington
CO: Doctor Kurt Hofmann

+ / -

Total Posts: 23
Hey, the electric companies will be doing pretty nicely from this. :P But you *can* put down a request for those such products you need if they are not on the market, or are ridiculously overpriced. Like electricity.
Henry King

+ / -

Yes, electricity is very profitable right now, but those profits are coming at the expense of all other products in the game, which are sometimes becoming unprofitable to produce.

The instability in pricing is probably worse than the higher prices. If prices were more or less stable, then we could plan strategy, but now, we know electricity and water prices are temporarily inflated by artificial demand, and while prices are very high now, they will probably drop down to very low levels once all this silliness in the B2B market has stopped.
david wile
RJ: Noxiousdog
CO: Noxiousdog

+ / -

Total Posts: 25
It's some kind of hack exploit. I just put up 80 trillion worth of electricity at .15 and it autobought it all.

I can survive because I can produce everything I need, but it's not any fun when it's a hack buying all your products. I'm done until he's gone.
Ibrahim Arief
RJ:
CO: Sangkuriang

+ / -

Total Posts: 4
Someone seemed to be able to duplicate Vance's method to gain copious amount of money. Player Experi.Ment ( http://www.capitalism-online.com/eos/player/16366 ) earned 230 Trillions of Cash within a day of its creation. Unless this loophole is fixed, sooner or later the market would be flooded with dozens of such hack companies.
Huginn penis
RJ: Kou Ichinomiya
CO: Huginn RollbackRequester

+ / -

Total Posts: 31
Although not a laughable matter, I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear when I checked Experi.ment his/her companies out. He or she is clearly trying to mock Vance the "villain" in this story. Or jjjaaa as vance seems to have changed his name.

You need to register or login to post a reply.