Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Taxes and maintenace fees

Taxes and maintenace fees

Dominika Styczynska
RJ: Cactuslady

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 3
Is there a way to figure what maintenance and salaries fees I have to pay for buildings of a given size every day? Other question is: how does the game calculate taxes? It's difficult to plan without knowing how much I have to pay at midnight. I would appreciate any formulas or tips for sustainable expansion.
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 108
Taxes are 2% of your net earnings per company level. For your company (level 5), this is 10% of your net earnings for the day.

Maintenance fees are 2% of the initial construction cost of your structures.

Salaries are, uh, a little less simply expressed in words. Take the sum of your total building size in square meters. Take this value to the 1.2 power. Multiply it by $25. So: $25 * SUM(Building_Sizes)^1.2
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

+ / -

Total Posts: 108
If you want to minimize your taxes, try to spend most or all of your money before the update, especially if you aren't online at midnight PDT (GMT-7). As long as you have enough money to pay your loan interest, building maintenance and salaries, you won't be assessed a loan to pay for the daily costs.

For sustainable expansion, expand expand expand! As much as you can afford to do so, you should expand. Don't forget to snag new plots of land (especially factories and stores) once they are reasonably affordable. You should also be sure to build up the plots you do have. Upgrade new buildings to 500m^2 first, because the construction will be instantly completed. If your money is sitting around, it isn't working for you.
Bargain Basement
RJ: CW Inc
CO: Bargain Basement

+ / -

Total Posts: 28
Personal vs company tax:

Can someone please confirm my assumptions. I have been playing for a fortnight and I am still trying to get my head around certain aspects.

1, There is no tax on personal wealth?
2, As a company increases in level, the % rate of tax increases. At some point, wouldn't it make sense to just transfer your company cash into your personal account to minimize the tax paid that day? I appreciate there are transfer fees involved in transferring your company cash to personal then back to company each day if needed, but at least the transfer fee is a set % and is not affected by your company level etc.

The reason I ask is that to date, I have been using up any cash in the company account each day to buy b2b products, r&d, advertising etc to reduce my operating profit before tax is applied. Now I would like to start keeping more cashflow in the company account to take advantage of bulk buys etc, but do not want to lose 15-20% (currently) to tax each day.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
david bendiksen
RJ: dbe
CO: dbe

+ / -

Total Posts: 3

There is no tax on personal wealth as far as i know.

Tax is on income, and is 20% flat of earnings before tax. I dont think transfering cash into your personal account affects your income and therefore doesnt affect tax. But i've never tried so im not sure.

To reduce tax expense you should try to manage your earnings so that they are as close to 0 as possible.
Goldy Goldyisle
RJ: Goldyisle
CO: Goldyisle

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
Allocating Amount to Executive Compensation will reduce taxes. According to yesterday's expenses & current revenues you can adjust executive expenses to minimise taxes.
However due to current issue of server it is difficult to calculate due to doubling expenses.
Bargain Basement
RJ: CW Inc
CO: Bargain Basement

+ / -

Total Posts: 28
Thanks for your replies David and Goldy.

I think the salary/bonus is the part I was missing in the equation. No tax/transfer fees involved :)

You need to register or login to post a reply.