Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Test EOS located in desert ?

Test EOS located in desert ?

Jurry Hart
RJ: jurry
CO: Jurre

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 78
Just browsing the B2B merket for some water and found only water @ 0.75$ - 1.00$
I was wondering if EOS Test land moved to desert like environment by some dark magic thus the high water prices, as I remember the prices to be in 0.10$ - 0.07$ range
Mike Barnett
RJ: D.Knell
CO: Angelo Mysterioso

+ / -

Total Posts: 46
Patience. Once I'm done with expansion, you'll see water and electricity at affordable prices. I'd say within a week.
Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Finally!
Mike Barnett

+ / -

i should be putting an average of 50 billion of electricity at .07 and the same amount of water at .08 per day for a few weeks. after that, it should probably double in quantity and go down .01 each.
Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
We need more, more, more!
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
There is a real cost to producing both of those commodities. I will be both shocked and impressed to see either get down to $.01 for your cost, let alone a price you can put on the market. Hajji owns companies that make both, and neither gets anywhere near those prices as home-grown resources. And let's not forget that Scott adjusted cost numbers to reflect overhead.

I don't know about the desert (though the original concept for the small island continent does have an arid zone), but if you think you can offer either resource for $.01 each on the market, the lowest number you could possibly produce it at, you are certainly playing in a fantasy land, or setting yourself up to go broke.

Addendum
Just went through my own buildings and find I am making water at $.03 on a lousy 2000m2 well. But it is also $.03 on a 14,000m2 well. As I don't have anything of greater size producing either resource, I must concede that you might be able to get it to a penny a piece with a large enough facility. But I am still skeptical.
dan bra
RJ: King
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 55
@brent
1. A larger well than 10K will probably produce water at higher cost rather than lower. maintainable and salary expenditures grows exponentially while the discount from the scale productions diminish exponentially with quantity

2. there is no way for water to show a cost less than 0.03 because the hard cash cost is 0.05. (and minimum of 0,025 from the scale bonus) + little bit of something from coal/gas cost that will always round it up to 0.03

3. I think mike meant it will go down BY 0.01 ( from from 0.08 to 0.07).

4. I for one love the new cost of water :) my advice to people - dont commit to low prices unnecessarily! ;)
Mike Barnett

+ / -

forget the post about the .07 and .08 prices for water and electricity.

say hello to the resource cartel.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
LOL

Now I am totally confused. I do find .03 to be the least I have seen by way of experience. And of course, cartels don't work in this environment except by way of the game failing at such a level as to have virtually no players. In the end, I like that someone is going to try to hold prices in some kind of check and can't wait to see how it works out.

You need to register or login to post a reply.