Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » The ability to set prices on goods you don't actually yet h

The ability to set prices on goods you don't actually yet h

John Galt
RJ: John Galt
CO: John Galt

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 23
It would be incredibly useful to be able to set the price you want a particular good of a particular quality to sell at, even if you don't yet have that good available at that quality.

--
Example:

I currently have a store selling Widgets, and I'm selling Q15 Widgets at $100. However, due to R&D, I can now make Q16 Widgets, and in fact I have a production run going right now of them. So, I go into my store, and set the price of Q16 Widgets to $105. No such Widgets yet exist, but when the production run finishes, they will immediately be available at my store for $105.
--

This would ease the pain of newer players considerably, because you are pretty constantly creating higher quality items as you stock your store but also do R&D simultaneously.

UI-wise, there are obviously some issues to work out. It might mean switching how the different qualities of a good are shown from how they are currently (a full-sized icon each, in a grid) to something more tabular (imagine a table with columns "Quality", "Quantity", "Production Cost", "Price"). It also probably would make sense to only show up to the quality you can produce, or close to it, so you don't have newbies thinking they need to decide how to price Q50 items on day one.
david wile
RJ: Noxiousdog
CO: Noxiousdog

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 25
I was thinking along similar lines.

Since the 100% markup is pretty well understood to be maximum profit, couldn't the retail stores be set to autosell on purchase?

I understand not necessarily doing it for constructed items (though I might like a toggle), but 90% of the time if I'm buying something b2b or import I want to sell it at 2x cost.
Matthew Suozzo
RJ: Buckaroo Bonzai

+ / -

Total Posts: 40
Defaulting to the ideal price is not a good idea. This defeats the purpose of having a complex system presented to the player: If they don't do anything, everything works out for the best.

I would say that, while it would be helpful to have this functionality, the current production system does not readily support auto-selecting prices. I think there would be more complaints about mis-pricing items than there would be gain. Given a full overhaul of how production works, I think this is definitely a feature to be considered.
david wile

+ / -

Any time I do the same thing 90% of the time it should be a default behavior even if I have to set that default. Sure there are times when I don't want the default , but as it is purchasing 192 items (the number of supermarket products) requires manually setting 192 prices. And doing that even once every three days is pretty ridiculous.

david wile

+ / -

RJ gave us a lazy button for my issue. He rocks.

You need to register or login to post a reply.