Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » The awesome new queueing

The awesome new queueing

Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 266
Queueing is awesome. Just to cover our bases and keep people from whining:

1. Yes, Scott already knows you can only cancel the first item in the queue. It's a beta, give him a day or two to get all the functionality up and running.

2. Yes, Scott already knows you want to use in-production items in your future production runs. This one is hard. It's a beta, give him some time. (Possible workaround: allow queued production to override ingredient limits, with a confirm/cancel dialog. Then kill a queue entry if ingredients are unavailable.)

3. Because I'm nothing if not a hypocrite: Would it be possible to queue factory expansions?

Edit: For clarification, if I research something after I queue it, will that affect its quality? (It'd be nice if it did!)
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 140
agreed on all points.
originally i wanted point 2 after trying the queue system. Then got thinking and thought - nah - too easy.

Keep the mighty fine work going Emperor Scott :)
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 140
When the research queue system kicks in - I am so totally going to have a Nerdgasm
cant wait
Wampus Aurelius
RJ: John Eff King Zompus
CO: Don Zompus

Post Rating: 5
+ / -

Total Posts: 16
I thought the additive nature of the time count of items in the queue status box was a nice touch. Probably very simple to implement but still appreciated.

I am totally excited for research queues, because waiting for 10 minutes to click the next research is currently my least favorite part of the game.
D Patrick Michael
RJ: Castun

+ / -

Total Posts: 41
I also cannot wait for the research queues. Especially when starting to research a new technology, it would be so much simpler to queue up the first 15 or so levels instead of having to sit there for seconds at a time to repeat.
Alexia Perdhaer
RJ: Alexia Perdhaer

+ / -

Total Posts: 100
Queuing production that depends on currently-in-production items is only difficult if queuing validates and reserves costs.

I recommend not having queued production run do any validation, (except possibly to have the slider change colour or something when you are queueing something that has currently unsatisfied requirements).

If the costs aren't available at the time the queued item starts, skip it and move to the next item.

This will be easier to program, and more fun for players because it lets them plan ahead, but they do have to actually PLAN.
Lorenzo Boccaccia
RJ: Mon Opoli
CO: Mon Opoli

+ / -

Total Posts: 80
while we're at it, it would be nice to be able to queue stuff after expansion
Cyrus Fogscrobble
RJ: Cyrus Carnegie

+ / -

Total Posts: 1
The factory queueing is great! Thanks, Scott.
John Galt
RJ: John Galt
CO: John Galt

+ / -

Total Posts: 23
The queuing is quite nice, but it'd be nicer if it didn't cause horizontal scroll. The placement of the queue list when viewing the factory page at 1280x1024 is basically half off-screen.
Reiter Hexenmeister
RJ: Ritter Hexenmeister

+ / -

Total Posts: 22
Long awaited feature, tanks Scott. Also I agree with John, and have a sugestion for queue list: place in same space (left-bar) where company and player info are, this make it visible, regardless screen size.

Concerning use in-production goods, I think if you use queueing, you should have resources needed, warehouse is limitless, so no make sense JIT-like production.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
Definitely useful so far, as I make small amounts of alot of items and I'd hate to wait for each one to finish.
Paul Giggs
RJ: Paul Giggs
CO: Paul Giggs

+ / -

Total Posts: 14
I think there's a bug. Let's say I have something being produced at my Plantation that has an hour and a half remaining. When I queue a 2nd item, the production screen gave me a completion time of 14 hours+. But after I click on the Start Production button the time to completion on that Factory production list on the right was 12 hours+ and it was ticking away. I think it subtracted the time it takes item 1 to finish from the time it takes item 2.

Or the completion time on the production screen included the time to finish item 1. In which case the clock for item 2 shouldn't be moving until item 1 finishes.

But then again maybe I'm just tired and my eyes are playing tricks on me.
Innocent Bystander
RJ: Matthew Matician

+ / -

Total Posts: 76
A bit belated but: thanks for factory queuing--it's a very helpful feature and I'm looking forward to R&D queues, too.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
The temporary UI fix for smaller screens would be:

Go to settings, turn on the "Minimal Interface" option.

and I apologize to cell phone users, there doesn't seem to be a solution for the <1024px wide screens even if you enable the min. interface. I'm never good with UI.

You need to register or login to post a reply.