Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » This game needs improving!

This game needs improving!

Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
I wish Scott was here
Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
How much is your time worth? I would guess it took many months of programming.
Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
If you know programming, or know a person or people who do, then I'd say "go for it!" if by your question you're suggesting the game could be improved by updating it to more accurately reflect the real world economy of the developed nations (U.S., Japan, Europe.)

The service economy comprises some 85% of the U.S. economy, something not factored in at all in (this excellent) game, a game which reflects the industrial economy of the U.S. pre - 1985 , or the economies of China, India, and other developing economies.

I'd love to play an economic simulation that includes finance, technology, how government actions cause the private sector to grow or shrink, & etc.

But I do agree with Tiny's comment: this "simple" EOS game most likely took months worth of programming. And considering it's 100% free for the few of us who enjoy it , I'd say that's a pretty good deal. Not much in our world today is free, after all.
Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
If I were you, and had capital to improve EOS 2.0, then I'd post an ad on CraigsList under either tech jobs, or gigs, or a tech oriented job site. I'm sure there's lots of way smart high school/college kids, who do know programming, and if you give them the details of how you want the game to work, would be more than happy to program your game for you. It'd look great on their resume as they hunt for V.C. funding in Silicon Valley (where I live) for the next way cool Smart Phone App that will take over the world, such as Twitter or Uber.

I read regularly several sites on the hipster techie set , and they are very hard-working, I understand, and love to put their computer skills to great use.

go for it! Just please keep us posted here on the EOS forums, so we can try out your game when it goes beta. Thanks.

You need to register or login to post a reply.