Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Thoughts about the future of this game.

Thoughts about the future of this game.

dan bra
RJ: King
CO:

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 55
The gap of powers in this game got out of hand. mega-corps are entrenched in their niche with no possibility to upset them.

If this goes indefinitely, there would be just one player who has a monopoly on everything (sadly the system of allowing players to be appointed to run other peoples companies actually makes this a valid future, because there isnt even the management time barrier)

While it is true that its a game of "scale" its important to remember the "game" aspect of it. if you going to dismiss any idea that balance the game out, by stating this is about "scale" you need to remember that in order to attain a certain level of competitiveness (hence "game") there are measures that needs to be taken.

Truth is, there are several of these measures implemented already:

1. tax. its getting bigger as a percentage as your company grow in size.
2. maintenance expense. also grows exponentially.
3. salary expense grows exponentially.
4. land prices grows exponentially.
5. company founding prices exponentially.

However. when looking at the current state of the game and where it is headed to, it is clear that these measures alone are not enough.

The solution is either:

1. make the measures more substantial.
2. reset this "round" of playing. declare the current leaders the "victors" and start all over again for another round. (my suggestion)

Your thoughts?

P.S.
I know this game suppose to be a beta but right now we are at a stagnant situation that does not change and does not help to "test" the game whatsoever.
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Several of the economic simulators out there run in cycles. I think having a cyclical resetting server would be cool. See how many people play there as opposed to the servers with no resets, and develop for the future according to the behavior of your player base.
Jayson Drake Tan
RJ: Ben
CO: Ben

+ / -

Total Posts: 74
lose everything you worked hard for...
i honestly hate that feeling.. LOL

I have an idea..

What if the world expands, there are several countries (that could mean different server channels) there are channels to be added for new players, meanwhile the big corporations are prohibited in expanding in that place for a certain amount of time( at about a time where there are already establish corporations there)or have them cost to starting out a business there very expensive and these "countries" are added about every 3 months? or 6? Then the game gets really broader, in terms of control because imagine a global corporation controlling several factories, shops, R&Ds around the world(assuming that in different countries they plunge in, their R&D starts from zero to give chances to the new players to dominate the markets) ALSO, if they are to transfer money to the other country division corporation, it would be really expensive too.(for the new players advantage also)

and this is so wild that i don't know how the hell i thought of this.

OVERALL: when mega corp invest in other "countries" (different channel servers) it is like they are starting fresh, with minimum advantage and the game gets even more complicated. (of course, new options will be added, so that you can micro manage everything from different countries) the catch is that, you will need "ALOT" of money first before you can dive into other "countries'" market.

Bonus: you can realize a more realistic economy here, random events like, RECESSION. making a certain country experience loss. etc. etc. in order slow down the growth of the mega corporation.. etc.. (I am an economist myself)
Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
As a larger company I ask:

1. What do I do that hurts?
2. Do you know what I do that helps?
3. What happens when "we restart" and you become a mega-company and the new players want a restart?
4. Shouldn't we keep EoS as a Beta to see ow players get big and what effects they have?
5. Isn't CapOl everything you want?
6. What about all my hardwork?
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
I don't see why both approaches can't be valid. A long term server, and a blitz server. Please don't think that I am advocating for one over the other.
dan bra
RJ: King
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 55
@haji If I was you I would absolutely love to see my name written in the hall of fame indefinitely and call it a game. truth is, no game last forever.

And to the subject, I personally think long term server and a blitz server is totally doable (although the long one would still have to get a reset eventually). Jayson's idea might work too but I think its a little bit complicated ;)

You need to register or login to post a reply.