Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Stock Market Discussion » Trying to SELL but switches to default of BUY after Error ms

Trying to SELL but switches to default of BUY after Error ms

Nin Sandhu
RJ: Raskilinov
CO: Raskilinov

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 32
FAO: Scott and Admins.

Trying to SELL but switches to default of BUY after Error message.

Background:
I recently bought into KDC, for ~$1m cash. However realising that the stock was no good, after a few days I tried to sell out. However an Error message popped up with a short description that the citizens of Econasia told me they were "Stinky".
Considering that I'd never faced a message like this in the first place (let alone an Error message) my first thought was that it was an genuine error, so I repeated the series of button presses: i.e hit the "Max" button to get rid all of them and then selected the action button. However I didn't sell, instead the default appears to be set back to "Buy" and I ended up spending all my player cash and buying more of the sodding shares.

In the hope that perhaps I needed to sell when the shares were above $1, (I was thinking that perhaps the citizens wouldn't register them as Stinky) I fell foul yet again (on a test of 1m shares) the default switching back to BUY. I went to bed grinding my teeth and muttering foul things at myself and the computer.

Key Points:
I am not asking Scott and co. for a handout but can I strongly ask/suggest that if a player enacts the SELL function, of which it does not go through, can you prevent the dialogue box from reverting to a default BUY option. That is if I have requested to SELL, I would expect (in light of Error messages) the option highlighted on screen to still be SELL.

May I also suggest that instead of labelling it as an "Error", that the label "Alert" would be more appropriate. The label of "Error" for me has more connotations to a website/server error, as opposed to citizens labelling shares as Stinky. I'm just thinking along the lines of other players that may fall foul of this experience.

Final thoughts:
At the moment I have 273m of these shares but if there was an option to dump the shares - of which a dump would be at $0 p/share plus administration costs, i.e. the player pays to rid themselves of a particular stock - I would take it.
Having said that, I'm not quite sure if a practice like this exists.

Any comments/advice would be most welcome.

Kind Regards
Raskilinov
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Sorry about that - I didn't mean to make KDC stinky, I just intended to liquidate the money from it via dividends since I didn't want to run the company anymore and didn't want someone coming in to steal all the cash later. But I overshot a little bit on the dividend payment because it hadn't paid taxes on the money yet, so it wound up taking a loan out in order to pay taxes on the money after giving all the cash out in dividend - leaving the company over 100 mil in the red.
Nin Sandhu
RJ: Raskilinov
CO: Raskilinov

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
Thanks Cian for the clarity as to why the shares are currently labelled as "Stinky". I think I should cross post this in the suggestions and technical support and feedback area.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
The fact that it even needed to pay taxes on the money is a bit funny anyway - the "profit" it paid taxes on was selling off the buildings. I didn't even think about taxes when I smashed the buildings and decided to issue all the money out in dividend, since it didn't register in my head as any kind of profit (more like a loss - selling buildings loses you 10% of what you put into them). Without the taxes the companies would have been left with a couple million cash and no loans.

Having to pay 20% tax on the billions of dollars I got from selling off the buildings is what made the company stinky, since it paid out the dividend THEN said oh look we don't have money for tax and took out a big loan (which has been growing steadily since then). And since I had totally liquidated the company (0 cash and no inventory at all) I didn't have any way to dump money back into it to pay off the loan. I'm stuck with 1 billion shares of the company myself.

Same thing happened with KHH and KO, but to a lesser extent, although their loans are growing too and eventually they'll be stinky too. They don't have any shareholders right now though.

My intent with all three companies was to liquidate most of the cash out in dividends and just leave the companies mostly broke but with 0 loan and enough research value to get a loan should someone want to regrow the company eventually (but not a ton of cash sitting there to entice someone into robbing the company). But due to the taxes on the "income" of selling the buildings and the stupid way it was able to pay the money out in dividends and THEN pay taxes with every penny left + a loan just broke them where they'll slowly slide downhill into unfixable "stinky" territory.

I've given up on the EoS server anyway and am focusing on Capitalism.
Caner Ekizceleroglu
RJ: Caner Ekizceleroglu
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 4
Error: The robotizens of Econosia refuse to buy your stinky shares.

i cant sell

You need to register or login to post a reply.