Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Update on CO for May 1st

Update on CO for May 1st

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Aside from two or three minor issues that were taken care of within the hour, the update went surprisingly well. Since things don't usually work this way, please post here if you encounter any issues, or email scott (at) ratjoy (dot) com if you have trouble logging in.
Edwin Quintanilla
RJ: EdqMaster
CO: Edqmaster

+ / -

Total Posts: 74
not sure if an Issue but what does this message mean

You have been awarded 1854.3969 for selling one or more factories to the government.

is that fame money or what? also it says my research is null so is that a refund or do they

still get processed.

Thanks in advance.
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
My company "Sweet Stuff" on CO has seen a drastic downturn in profitability per unit on items that I have 100% (or 95+%) market share on. Has the "size" of the market somehow diminished, or have some commodities been re-evaluated?

I have a lot of other different products that have over 80% market share, but the profitability of the others has not suffered after the update.

Specifically:

Caramel
Caramel Candy
Caramel Ice Cream

With the "hidden" costs involved in multi-step products, I'm not even sure that these are profitable for me to sell any longer.

((How am I measuring this?))

Before the update, earlier today, I set these items to sell at a rate that would deplete them in 48 hours. After the update, I had to drastically lower their prices to allow them to deplete in 48 hours. Since I have 100% market share or close to it on all three items, something odd happened. But it didn't happen to everything.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Thanks for the reply.

That's influence, and it should be rounded to 1854.

As for research, you've already been correctly compensated but I used a misnamed undefined variable in the message...
Mark Moeder
RJ: Uduak Mwenye
CO: Fluffy

+ / -

Total Posts: 40
It says in my 'Player News' that I should have gotten a total of about 40k influence from selling buildings to the government. But my player account only lists 3k. Which number is correct?
Nisa Rosario
RJ: Nisa
CO: Nisa

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
I am having difficulty on accessing the site. Tried to logout and login but did not work.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

@Fluffy
Fixed and thanks! Can't believe nobody pointed this out at the test server migration. (Unfortunately it's too late to do anything there now...)

@Nisa
Sorry but I'll need a little more detail. The DB shows you were logged in on 4:19 AM on RJ, and on 6:25 AM on COS
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Looks like the market on Caramel-related products has fixed itself, or was fixed quietly?

Sales pricing and quantities seem inline with what I remember pre-patch.
Nisa Rosario
RJ: Nisa
CO: Nisa

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
Hi Scott,

Sorry for not enough details. The reason why i could not login is because "The server is not found.". This happens when I get a message box that don't have any text just an OK click,
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Sorry Nisa, I tried searching through the source code for "server * not found" and couldn't find anything. Hopefully it will happen to me some time so I can track down the bug.
Nathan Dilday
RJ: ndkid
CO: ndkid

+ / -

Total Posts: 47
I haven't been able to log into CO for the past couple of days. The link from the forum eventually deposits me at
http://www.capitalism-online.com/eos/overview.php
where I click on the "log in with facebook" button, which pops open another window, which then closes, and the main window redirects to the same link I was already at.
I haven't broken open fiddler to look at the raw resposes yet. I am logged into facebook, and the FB account is also linked to RJ, which I can log into fine.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Ah, issue confirmed.

You need to register or login to post a reply.