Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Wages, maintenance and production math?

Wages, maintenance and production math?

Reiter Hexenmeister
RJ: Schwarze Spiegel

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 7
Scott I have (again) tree questions

- How to calculate economy of scale production bonus?
- How to calculate wages?
- How to calculate building maintenance cost?
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Estimation!

- At an idle factory, pick a production you can do a very large lot of. Set it to 10, note the per-component requirements. Set it to 1000, note that. Set it to 10000, note; set it to 100000, note. Do a little napkin math and you've got your benchmark values. If you need an actual equation, you can do a fit from there.

- What were wages on last night's revenue sheet? How big was your business in square meters? Maybe break that down by factory/store/R&D. Make a note of both. Do the same tomorrow morning, compare wages and building maint. costs across the two, make an estimate. It may not be perfect but it'll be enough guidance to keep your cost management reasonable.

My main question on this stuff is whose wages we're talking about. Workers in all buildings? Do different buildings or types provide different wages (e.g. retail workers are cheap, factory linepersons middling-cheap, R&D geeks expensive)? Do we pay workers for 24 hours no matter what, or only for time spent on production (so stores would be 24/7 if they have inventory but an idle factory wouldn't be paying anyone)?
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

+ / -

Total Posts: 108
Economy of Scale factory production modifier:

(1 + Q^-0.25) / 2
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
It's what you're afraid of - you pay workers around the clock even when they're just waiting for your orders.

Building maintenance is 2% of building cost - so I imagine R&D's would be the most expensive.
Salaries scale with the square of building size - so all buildings have it equal for now.
Reiter Hexenmeister

+ / -

Well, let me explain, from yesterday I'm try (1+Q^-0.25)/2, but it doesn't fit exactly, after long experimentation, I think real equation is like (a+(b+((Q-c)/f(k))^-0.25))/2 where a, b & c seems to be 1, the problem is to find the form of f(k), also factory square meters is like to be a parameter of f(k), for grape sorbet i find that f(k)~882/(1+Q^-0.25), but for water i found that f(k)~3280/(1+Q^-0.25) with low error but at 50M this doesn't fit.

Some one have deduced the real equation?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

unit cost = 0.5 + 0.5 * (1 + Production_Quantity * Item_Base_Value^0.5 / 10000)^-0.25;

Unit cost is a fraction between 0.5 to 1.0.
Base value is the Pedia value in cents.
Reiter Hexenmeister

+ / -

Tanks, i have a bunch of over-produced raw material, that can sell in B2B.
Alexia Perdhaer
RJ: Alexia Perdhaer

+ / -

Total Posts: 100
how does economy of scale interact with cancelling a batch before completion?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

how does economy of scale interact with cancelling a batch before completion?
See other discussion on Exploit under Suggestions

You need to register or login to post a reply.