Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Weird mechanics as only researcher

Weird mechanics as only researcher

David Gray
RJ: graydoo
CO: graydoo

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 11
I believe I am currently the only person with a Frozen Food R&D on Capitalism.
Every single time I research a level of ice cream, the Leading Tech matches me exactly.

As soon as anyone else starts researching this the Leading Tech will crash, while I am never punished for being too far ahead of the curve.

It is also pushing up the import quality, my only competition.

I realize this is only a temporary issue due to low number of players but it doesn't feel right. As soon as someone else comes into the area and halves this average with their first level it will effectively burn the bridges and cement my lead.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Apparently it'll make it harder on you and the other company will have an easier time getting up to half of what you have and then a harder time getting the rest of the way - but you advancing any higher would be way harder than before they started.

I'm getting the same thing with aircraft. It also uncovered a rather annoying thing - it only updates after the research is done on the 15 minute tick, and it does not update the time (or give a refund on the cost) for any research already added to the queue. Canceling the research does seem to use the new numbers though, since you get less than you put in if you queued up say three in a row then canceled the third after the first is done and the tech has updated.

So to research efficiently I'll have to babysit my researcher and let it hit one of the 15 minute updates between each tech in something, researching other things in between. I lost a few million early on trying to just queue up a few things, then having the time and cost on the next one dip dramatically after a few got done. Canceling them and restarting them made the times on the next researches cut in half (although I was out the extra cash I paid to start them). Guess it's an incentive to broaden my research, that way I can just pick up a single tech in everything and let it have time to update to the new levels before I go through and do the next level.
David Gray
RJ: graydoo
CO: graydoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 11
Once they have lvl 1 quality the price and time will change significantly once a single tick passes for anything new they queue? Theoretically they could exploit this to catch up with people.

Another scenario would be people using this for sabotage. Any tech leader that is not actively pursuing higher quality is making life harder for their competition.

Though these are both symptoms of the low population, much like the terribly priced B2B.
Cian Kemp

+ / -

I expect someone will inevitably jump into aircraft, research a few things to 1, figure out it costs way too much, and swap to something else and just keep their aircraft research at 1. Then I'll probably wind up just saying screw it and selling my research lab and being happy with whatever I've got it up to at that point since going higher would be a nightmare with the new average.
Dan Laurence
RJ: Sourpuss
CO: Sourpuss

+ / -

Total Posts: 49
I /bugged this a couple weeks ago when I was starting appliances, this was the response from Scott:

Thanks for the comment.

It is working as intended, but I may be blind to some of the consequences.

BTW Cian I'm building a temp aircraft r&d in all my companies to research to 1 and sell :D.

You were the second one to start appliances.
Cian Kemp

+ / -

Hehe, that would be mean :P

It was really a no-brainer for my electronics company to get into it though - I had the electronic components from my electronics factories, the steel from my smelter, and the plastic from my apparel company. And they sell out of electronics stores. With only 15 total products without the hardware I needed to broaden my product line a bit. Hardware stores get 40 diff products without appliances so they aren't as restricted.

There aren't any others than me and you making appliances? Surprised at that, since they aren't all that hard to make. There must be 10 or more producers of electronics.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 214
3/10 Ballc

You need to register or login to post a reply.