Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Who is shopping at my store?

Who is shopping at my store?

Shan Van
RJ: S. Wine
CO: Shan Van

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 18
OK, I think I get that B2B is really PvP (player vs. player), and import/export is PvComputer.

But who is shopping at my store? Is there some fictitious, computer-operated 'consumer populace' that does the buying? Is it other players? If it's some sort of an AI populace, what are its characteristics? Can I pay for market research? :-)
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Yes. The retail market is a simulated body of consumers. It seems to like everything equally well, and will buy whatever is for sale in your store based on its price, quality, and the current level of overall demand saturation for that product.

You have very direct control over your pricing, and (though obviously with less short-term flexibility) the quality level of the merch you stock; the global demand is a reflection of how much of that good is being sold by all players, which you can't do much about.

Probably the most important not-necessarily-obvious thing about retail stores: each item sells at a rate independent of how many items you stock. If you stock only one thing, it will sell at the same rate as if you're selling it and four other things -- all five are separate sales channels to retail consumers, who are hungry for all five and will spend five times as much if they can buy five things. So if you're looking to increase total revenue from a store, increase the number of different items for sale, by buying on B2B or importing where the prices are reasonable enough that you can sell the inventory at a profit at a decent clip.
Shan Van
RJ: S. Wine
CO: Shan Van

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
Thanks for clearing that bit up.
eric scott
RJ: Erik Scott
CO: Sappo

+ / -

Total Posts: 130
If I may piggy back onto this here topic...

When we talk about marketing, I assume the reach (in 1.24M) etc, is referring to the target population?

I would really like to see this fleshed out, to have some idea of how much my marketing is effecting my sales potential.

Are we talking global population at this point?
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
No, it's just an arbitrary number to represent the amount of cents spent/generated.
eric scott
RJ: Erik Scott
CO: Sappo

+ / -

Total Posts: 130
Eh?

Meaning, what exactly :)

You need to register or login to post a reply.