Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Wholesale prices

Wholesale prices

Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 266
Okay, now that supermarket prices have been fixed...

I've done some calculations. Once I have coal researched, my marginal price per strawberry will be roughly 18.2 cents. Experimentation on my supermarket seems to indicate that profit is maximized at about a 100% profit margin, which if I were more awake would tell me what the demand curve is. So I'll eventually be selling my strawberries on my grocery store shelf for something around 40 cents. And in theory, I'll be selling them on B2B for less than that.

Even without coal researched, since I'm making my own water and I can buy natural gas for $5 a unit (ouch, by the way), my marginal cost per strawberry is ... 41.3 cents. And if you're making fruit and can make your own water, so is yours. I've just put some strawberries on B2B at 99 cents a pop, and I still feel like I'm ripping people off, but they'll probably sell anyway (to people who aren't reading this (-:).

And EVERY FRUIT PRODUCER has the same bottom line as me...so we're all making fruit at 41.3 cents a unit. Your retail price should be somewhere in the 80-90 cent range, and your *wholesale* price should be lower still. When your lemons wholesale at $2, I have to sell them for $4, and I'm only moving 2 lemons a tick at that price ... so I'm not going to buy more than say 100 at a time. In fact, because I bought before the price correction, I'm currently sitting on 10,000 lemons, so I won't be buying ANY until the price comes down. A lot. $5 oranges are right out!

My 99 cent strawberries shouldn't be even *close* to the cheapest fruits on B2B. Come on folks, let's make some more money here!
Mister Death

+ / -

Sure enough; half an hour later and they're sold. I'll supply as many as people want at that price (especially since that one batch buys me the R&D facility!).

If you care about the calculation:
Natural gas = 5.00
-> electricity = 0.08 NG + 0.01 = 0.41
-> water = 0.1 EL + 0.05 = 0.091
-> fruit = 0.01 EL + 3 WA + 0.1 = 0.041 + 0.273 + 0.100 = 0.414
So sue me, I was off a tenth of a cent in the previous post (-:
Mister Death

+ / -

Gotta quit posting when I'm tired. Marginal price using homemade coal: 28.1 cents per fruit. Using homemade natural gas: 25.7 cents. $2 a fruit wholesale: Still ridiculous.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Keep in mind some people have very large stores, larger store = sell more which means they can afford to increase the price if the supply doesn't keep up.
Mister Death

+ / -

Everyone makes more money on volume, large and small alike.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
You make less on volume if you sell faster than you acquire stock though ;)
If you acquire stock fast enough then yes.

You need to register or login to post a reply.