b2b cost

John Smith
RJ: Petri Dish
CO: Johann Smith

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 42
Hey,

For a while now I operated under the assumption that on the b2b market, the seller always pays the 5% commission, but then today I decided to actually test that, so I did two experiments:

1) From company A, placed an offer on the market for a product X. Then switched to company B, and bought 100 of that product X from company A. Switching back to company A and looking at the News, indeed, A received 95 * price_of_X, so paid the 5% commission.

2) The other way around: Placed a request for 100 X from company B, then switched to A, and satisfied that request. Looking at the return EOS tells me I got from that sale, A did not pay any commission. Switching to B and looking at the News, it also doesn't show that there was any commission.

Is there really no commission for either party when acting on a *request* (as compared to offer), or did EOS maybe just not properly display it?
John Smith

+ / -

Ok, I did the experiment, i.e. I sold 100 water (for 0.07) from one company to the other company, and tracked the precise changes to the balance of both companies as I was doing it. The result was clear:

The seller always receives 95% of the total transaction price, whether this is because the seller put a b2b offer out, or sells it to a b2b request.

So, strictly speaking, b2b requests are always worse, as in those case the buyer also pays the additional 500 posting fee (though since that is constant and small it's mostly irrelevant).
Giant Kin
RJ: Giantkin
CO: Giant Kin

+ / -

Total Posts: 33
When we checked this, there was no % on the request on either side. (Tho, now i'll redo and watch the numbers again)
g
John Smith

+ / -

sure thing - lmk about the outcome, double-checking is always good.

You need to register or login to post a reply.