Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Good Ways to start off simple making good money

Good Ways to start off simple making good money

Previous [1] 2 Next
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 151
The best simple method I've found is salt.

Salt can be sold for several times what it costs to make it, directly to the NPC market. This can help fund you while you experiment with other businesses.

You need no research and no stores.

Any other good and simple moneymakers anyone else wants to share?
Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Watermelons, like you said, even as an export
Mike Barnett
RJ: D.Knell
CO: Angelo Mysterioso

+ / -

Total Posts: 46
why mess with salt? it takes halite, and you can make huge money in halite without the extra time to convert it into salt. of course, i can make it fairly cheap now that i'm over 600k m2 in mines. but that's how i got there. strictly halite on the export market. at my quality, i'm making it for .24 and selling at over 1.20.
Paco Co
RJ: Mr. Costa
CO: Mr. Costa

+ / -

Total Posts: 89
Theres a huge diference in making halite or salt, salt sells for double but take 2x times more and needs 2 researches... you choose.

Other than that try to make goods that the final stages need but it takes them way of course to produce, like microprocessors or integrated circuits for the ppl on the auto industry and stuff, like batter for the foodstuff ppl, whipped cream, plastic jars, jugs, bottles, glass bottles, etc.

You will always have costumers for those items.

Other way to do it is to start a last line production like cakes or cars and buy or import the resources you need, if you do this be careful and check if those goods are available in the b2b market or import.

If you see the goods on the market but there are only a few of them send a PM to the supplier and ask if you can establish an agreement for him to supply the market each day with the quantities you need.

I will give my example, i started making icecreams buying water, electricity and importing concentrates.
When i made my second company to produce the concentrates i made a deal for the supply of fruits and so on...
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
My experience has been that there in no magic bullet. Some things might be avoided, but several routes will get you profitable quickly if you identify a niche and attack it. The EoSpedia is a good place to start for that. I think the above advice is valuable in demonstrating that follow through to an idea is what really matters. Find what you want to do, and go get it. I do like baseline resources if there is one that is needed. I also like second tier resources to a hot industry. But you can make money selling apples if you go after it with everything you have.

I did make hundreds of millions on ice-cream my first go round. It took researches and a couple of factories, but I was totally vertical and had lots of concentrates to sell as well. The gasoline didn't hurt any, as long as I kept it out of the ice-cream, and the ice-cream out of the gas tanks.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

My second company is a fruit company to supply the masses via B2B. Yes, you can make a pretty penny on just apples. Even on export they are worth a little over 2x the production cost. Soon I will have most types of fruit on B2B for reasonable prices.

I started buying and selling water on B2B for a markup when I first started playing, and made tons of money doing so, close to 0.20 per water unit, but now they sell for less than 0.05 so that's out the window. As stated before, watermelons are a great export to fund other business ventures. They take a while to produce, but get a single farm bigger than 1000 m2 and you can make several million daily just off exporting watermelons.
Matt Hanson
RJ: Matt Hanson
CO: Matt Hanson

+ / -

Total Posts: 1
Recheck your math, Salt makes 173% more per hour than Halite when using your own Water/Elec, about 250% more per hour than Halite when using current B2B prices of Water/Elec (which a newbie most likely would be purchasing)
graham shearlaw
RJ: Graham
CO: Funk

+ / -

Total Posts: 48
Gas wells are fast and at 0.50 a unit a good profit.
Graham Freeman
RJ: Rick Castle
CO: Hugh Jassets

+ / -

Total Posts: 15
Forgive my newbie math, but I make it that gas works out as follows:

1 unit costs 15c plus 4 electricity (@7c=28c) plus 4 water (@7c=28c) = 71c
You can sell it as export for 80c so that's a 9c profit per unit.
1 unit every 2 seconds at non-expanded well size = $3888 profit per day.
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Rick, when you are at a factory screen and choosing to produce a good, the "Unit Cost" display at the bottom of the screen, counts for the price of all required materials to produce that good.
For example, if something requires a certain amount of cash, electricity, water, and fruit, the price per unit will include the costs to obtain the required electricity, water and fruit, to make 1 unit of the final product.
graham shearlaw

+ / -

your maths is for inporting water and electricity, if you dont then it is better.
if you have a 1000m size well you get 3050084 units for:
$259,535.66
Electricity 6,920,951
Water 6,920,951
Time 24:00:25
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
There is also a consideration for the duration of the production run. You can create a run of 50 items, or a run of 50,000 items and the cost for the 50,000 item run will be less per unit. Hence the name of the game on the newer server - EoS Economies of Scale
Hannah Juhl
RJ: Hannah

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
what about the vanilla bean buisness?
graham shearlaw

+ / -

vanilla beans are great to retail as thay have a MSRP of $37 vasty more than there export value, and there need to make some items.
in a few days i can tell you the cost to make them in full.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: Kris Fallamos
CO: Chloe Blossom

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
I've tried the methods listed above and have failed miserably each time. In my opinion halite and salt are not profitable enough and watermelons require too large of an investment from the get-go. So I experimented with a couple things and found that retail for me at least works a lot better than exports.

What I've done on both "Economies of Scale" and "Capitalism Online" is build three farmers markets at 50m^2 to start with and then invest around $100,000 in advertisement. Then I spend about $2,000,000 on some products to sell in those farmers markets. I make sure these products are quality goods that have little of the demand met and are somewhat affordable before investing in a small 50m^2 factory and some raw materials that are then used to make a product that is of decent quality and with unmet demand.

Put in even simpler terms I open up a chain of stores, purchase some wares to hawk, and then invest in some small-scale manufacturing processes that will further help with the gain of capital. It's really quite simple when you think about it and it's similar to the advice I had received when I first got into this game via a thread at Bay 12 Games.
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Not sure how you failed with any of these methods, especially watermellons, they take the least amount of investments. Wells are cheap to set up. Farms are the cheapest factories.

If you are buying off of B2B and using any of that stuff to make money from exports (besides water and electricity), you're doing it completely wrong. No one sells items on B2B cheaper (often not anywhere near) than export prices. For example, watermellons cost between 1-2 dollars to produce (for me at least, with my own water, and electricity purchased from B2B) and even at 0Q they sell for I believe $8 MSRP in stores, and export for around $3.50. That's gaurenteed profit no matter what.
I sell my watermellons on B2B for $4.50. That's about double your money if selling raw watermellons in stores, and more if you are processing it. This means that buying my watermellons will not earn any profit from exporting them but will ALWAYS make profit if you sell them in a store or process them.

And on a side note, using any of these business practices will not make you rich over night. They are simply a way to make easy profits, even if those profits are not that large. Don't expect to invest only $4,000,000 into a production line and see that money earned back in a matter of days. Obviously and naturally the best profit comes from producing all of your own goods, and buying nothing from anyone else. But that's not always a viable business practice. Getting a full production line up and running is expensive, especially if you want to see good margins.
Don't forget that this is an economy of scale as in the more you produce at once, the cheaper it is, and the less overall materials/cash will be required. For example with watermellons again, producing 5,000 watermellons costs $1.48 each, but producing 500,000 costs $1.12 each. (all material costs are taken into account here, including purchased water and electricity -- however salary and maintenance costs I do not believe are included)
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.