Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Litigations » I thought this game was for fun, however destruction was tra

I thought this game was for fun, however destruction was tra

Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next
Garry Hurst
RJ: jackosbournelookalike
CO: jackosbournelookalike

Post Rating: -5
+ / -

Total Posts: 151
wow three very conflicting posts by the same person under different names....one post saying the ceo was the same, ceo for both companies, then another post by a different name saying "I funneled the funds" and screwed up it was group effort "Group" MOB mentality.. all I can say is I hope that the unrealistically childish players whom I tried to help, and whom failed to mention I offered to sell back stock enough they could remain chairman, are either punished for the offenses and embezzling from company to company, or punished for their slanderous remarks about me outside of this site,

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3468259&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=12

you may have to read the 12 pages but it's in there and the youtube links just seems a little absurd, not to mention the comments about teaching ratan a lesson as well look for it it's there.....

Ron Krovatom
RJ: Ron Swanson
CO: Alvie

Post Rating: 10
+ / -

Total Posts: 6
Nobody is posting under different names. There were several individual people involved in separate events.
Brownie Twobite
RJ: Brownie

Post Rating: 11
+ / -

Total Posts: 2
So wait, Jack bought a bunch of stocks in a company that had nothing at all, threatened to hostile take over another dude's company, gave someone called "Pleasure Kevin" a CEO position in one of his biggest companies despite knowing literally nothing about him, and then when he lost only a quarter of his immense fortune (that he only got through insider trading and abusing the retail system) he is going on to the forums, demanding that everything is the result of evil goons? And that he's some sort of benevolent super star who's presence makes the game way better? In a game about CAPITALISM?

Uh... Dude you can keep me on that list because holy crap you are crazy.
in vision
RJ: very redman

Post Rating: 7
+ / -

There were only two people involved. Myself and PleasureKevin.

The "different CEO" bit was some trickery on my part, fueled by speculation amongst players that the entire "different CEO" bit had actually occurred.

BrownieTwobite's post above this one is extremely accurate as to what occurred.

Now the community knows the entire, true story of what transpired to bring the largest corporation in Econesia to it's knees.

No in-game changes are needed to fix this. What IS needed is for players to start researching stocks before buying and researching CEO's before hiring.

edit: I'd also like to point out that Jacko got burned by LaVita for doing the same exact thing.
Garry Hurst
RJ: jackosbournelookalike
CO: jackosbournelookalike

Post Rating: -10
+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Post hidden due to its low rating (click here to show post)
Benjamin Cohen
RJ: Benjamin Baruch Cohen IV
CO: Barun Cohen

Post Rating: 22
+ / -

Total Posts: 18
The posts above (sans the one by jack) portray the actual way of events. I have chatlogs to prove it and show that it was indeed Pleasure Kevin and Bernard Madoff who orchestrated the whole thing - masterfully, at that - and only go a bunch of others involved for the actual pumping of stocks. Something that isn't illegal in EoS and something Jack has done before in public chat.

Jack fell for a classic investment scam - and lost a whole bit of money. It's not against the rules of this game (please note that there are no Terms of Service or other kind of listed rules) and it doesn't change anything other then Jack taking a minor hit to his already massive fortune (he currently has 20G in personal wealth, do the math). Nothing bad really happened there.

It went bad when Pleasure Kevin spend all of Jack's money in JOI - something that was totally possible BUT uncontrollable due to CEOs not being able to be fired. This is where a BAD thing happened and Pleasure Kevin should be held accountable for - which he was. But so should Jack for idly handing over control of his investment company to a complete newbie and stranger.

The way this is being handled by Ratan is perfectly fair and professional. This is a player-player dispute and should be handled as such. But the way Jack is handling and some of the other posters in the above thread is entirely unprofessional and borders on bullying and harassment.

Down voting posts. Talking smack and general brown-nosing does not make for good PR. Letting ones wife visit our own private chat and throwing uncouth language about even less (chatlogs available).

Besides spreading hate speech and rumors, which Jack does with his direct link to the Something Awful thread, there are two people actually CONFESSING that it was they and NOT a group who did this. There are whole chat-logs there showing this. How this doesn't register with Jack is amazing to me. But where Jack really goes off the path is by inciting that we insulted Ratan on those forums which is a lie and just unbelievable from someone respected in this community.

Let me close this message with the following:

1. EoS is the most amazing, realistic, business simulation I've ever played.
2. Nothing but applause for Ratan and the time he's put so far in to making a remarkably well polished beta.
3. Check your investments before you pump a lot of your personal cash in stocks.
4. Don't trust your multibillion dollar company to a new player - check his rep sheet and see that he's good for his cash.
5. Once the player SEC is in place: fight your case there and not in public on a forums. Do not post links to other forums where people are 'being terrible' and trying to incite hatred towards others.

If this post gets down-voted then you know there is effectively someone trying to suppress this post - a post which isn't offensive, spreading false information or harming the community.
Chandler Hill
RJ: Chandler
CO: Chandler

Post Rating: 3
+ / -

Total Posts: 54
I've been upvoting any posts I've seen get downvoted, since I seem to have karma and some power in that matter.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 16
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Please don't call me professional, I'm only trying to avoid dealing with the problem because it would be unfair to take away my coding time and hurt those players who are not interested in this drama but who just wanted to play a deep business sim. Moreover, we're all human, so we'll naturally side with those who we know better. In my case it'd be Garry.

The funny thing is I believe we can all view this event as an opportunity to bring people together, as before this event we had a very friendly atmosphere in our existing community, but never so "united". To me it was always the airplane and jewelry sellers complaining about slow sales, and the fruit sellers complaining about low margins, then there are the factory owners who believe the stores are making 5 times of what the factory owners make. Now it's the old Econosians vs the SA players, with OO players and MF players caught in the crossfire. Who knows what will happen next if we get another major group of players from elsewhere.

Stop trying to prove you are right and the other group is wrong, there is no such thing as right and wrong, only different perspectives.

If there must be someone or something at fault, I am the only one with information from the database side, and here's how I view it:

1. The stock market is completely unregulated.

Realize you're taking a risk when you're investing in a new company, and an even greater risk when you're "bandwagoning". My ultimate goal is to have a free market that will make some people a little richer, but more people much poorer, as people on this game love to be challenged.
The exception to the non-regulation is when you use it for money laundering. There are a couple of ABAB* transactions and I'm fully aware of them. As this is still a game, ABAB* transactions are obviously unfair to honest players who are playing by the rules, and I may act "unfairly" against the players who have performed such transactions in return.

2. Now for the self blame. The employment system.

I put the blame on myself for rushing out such a basic employment system - for the sole purpose of keeping my company growing while I respond to suggestions and write code. People have questioned me about the ability of CEOs to sell buildings and discard goods, but I've never taken them seriously since we had such a small community at the time. As a result I will be putting the buildings back on JOI**. The other companies he bought on the stock market are of course ignored as failed investments. As for the $ evaporated in lost goods, I may be able to award up to 50% of the damages if somebody sends me a good story to put in the world news. The remaining 50% and the "opportunity cost" over losing those buildings would be Garry's responsibility for "rewarding" complete strangers with your jobs. Even with my authority, I do not trust the CEO position with any non-established player.

3. The B2B money laundering.

Surprisingly very little money exchanged hands over the B2B in this event. Everyone involved with large enough transactions have already received their news and fine, and that's the end of that. Those wanted the challenge can proudly say they are playing fairly, and those who don't... well, why don't you keep gambling on the stock market?

*ABAB transactions are what I describe as Player A buys at $1.00, price raised to $1.50, Player B buys at $1.50, price raised to $2.20, $Player A sells at $2.20, price fell to $1.50, Player B sell at $1.50, price fell back to $1.00, repeat.

**Due to the nature of navigating the logs to obtain accurate building sizes, I decided to give Garry the total value of his sold buildings and let him write up a list of buildings to add back - as the current admin interface is complete for adding buildings, I will be spending much less time doing it than the time it takes me to write this post.
Eezee G
RJ: Eezee

Post Rating: 8
+ / -

So Garry is allowed to exploit the game by making shitloads of accounts, making companies, spending influence and then selling the company to his main account for next to nothing, but if he cries about someone else using an unintentional game mechanic that's bad and you give him his money back?

If you are retroactively fixing this stuff, shouldn't you take away his companies anyway? He calls for fair gameplay and then abuses obviously broken game mechanics to make himself tons of money and corners every market, because he can?

Also fix your broken forums, when a user with high karma can essentially ban someone from posting, that is pretty broken.
Iam Asham
RJ: Wheezematic

Post Rating: 5
+ / -

With the game such as it it today,there are very few ways of actually losing a significant amount of money and personally I don't feel anyone deserves any kind of reimbursement for discovering one of them. I really don't like the idea that powerful players are able to throw their weight around in such a way as to force rollbacks.
Paul McLastname
RJ: Daniel Fulltree
CO: Daniel Fulltree

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1
No! I NEED JOI Water!

Don't stop jack!
Zack WenJian
RJ: Zack
CO: Zack

+ / -

Total Posts: 114
garry has many account? do you have evidence of that?
i believe that is illegal if its true..
Chandler Hill
RJ: Chandler
CO: Chandler

+ / -

Total Posts: 54
He has two accounts, Jackosbournelookalike and Penny. I believe he is playing fairly between them though and only opened the second because of the company number cap on jack and Ratan has okayed it.
Eezee G
RJ: Eezee

Post Rating: 9
+ / -

Actually it was his Wife that admitted it. She joined over in a chat populated by about 20 other players last night.

Big leaks incoming:

[00:04] <Sourpuss> insider trading, using a 2nd account to make a company, blowing all your influence, then going public with a small % of the ownership to allow your main acct to buy it
[00:04] <+kamakizzy> thats not an exploit sourpuss everyone is allowed multiple accounts.[00:05] <+kamakizzy> it's not an exploit it's intentional.
[00:06] <+kamakizzy> feel free to run as many accounts as you wish on there....

Also while we are on the topic of being vulgar:

[00:23] <+kamakizzy> fuck you bitch you all think you bad but you ain't seen nothing because you don't know who the fuck I am and you know nothing about me or my man so go fuck yourself you bunch of cheater
[00:24] <+kamakizzy> ask jack you don't wanna mess with me cause I will mess your world up badly
georges nolan
RJ: Silvertear

+ / -

Total Posts: 23
Wait, is she threatening to punch you through the internet or something?
Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.