Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Investigation for import resale

Investigation for import resale

Previous [1] 2 Next
Phil Curry
RJ: Phillip

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 2
Should I not be buying things from import and relisting them for higher prices in B2B? I'm under investigation for two sales doing that. Is that a problem or is there something else going on?
Wizzard Hicks
RJ: Wizzzard Siggy
CO: Wizzzard Siggy

+ / -

Total Posts: 7
I can't comment on what the problem is but you shouldn't do that because it is stupid.
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
There's no point doing that because anybody with any brains will just import the item rather than pay your higher price. If you want to make money from imports, you either have to sell them in your store or use a factory to turn it into something worth even more.

The reason things like that get flagged is because some unscrupulous people will use high- or low-priced goods to funnel value from public corporations into their own grubby little hands. If you're not doing that, the investigation will be rubber-stamped "newbie mistake", closed, and folded into the rapidly-growing archives.
Phil Curry
RJ: Phillip

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
That's all fine but unhelpful. I found I was making some money off it as the items did sell. I'm asking whether taking advantage of others' ignorance is against the rules.

Ah that did answer the question thanks

Sort of... Still don't know whether I can keep doing it "legally"
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
The likely situation here is that the dragnet that looks for suspicious activity is, while intended mostly to catch very out-of-proportion sales (like 100x or 100Kx import stuff), triggered by anything over import. Only Scott can say for sure but I'm guessing auto-reported small margin stuff selling to the unobservant player is a lot less likely to lead to trouble for you than unambiguous funny-business stuff with million dollar apples and such.
CEO Kogut
RJ: Kogut

+ / -

Total Posts: 29
My import->B2B activity is sometimes triggering "WARNING: Some of your B2B activities are under investigations, click here to display the relevant entries." but at least 20 trades disappeared from this. So it is not against rules (but it is very strange that I am making around 20% of money on trades of this type).
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Honestly, I look at the people who resell Import items on the B2B with contempt.
They are taking advantage of the non-attentive people.... but... those people deserve it for not checking imports.

Doesn't mean people should be punished for taking advantage of that.

EDIT: I love resellers and the enablers equally... but, I love everyone else more then them.
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
Basically I think what you're able to do illustrates the need for a better newbie tutorial. (I played for 2 weeks before I knew import/export even existed.)
Minwoo Hyeong
RJ: Dead Eyes

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
I agree, Mister Death. This isn't the only issue where people are making bad decisions due to a faulty tutorial (stores especially need some love). I remember Scott having mentioned it somewhere so I'm sure a better tutorial will be up at some point. In the meantime all we can do is hope newbies will read some before doing anything.

However, Phillip isn't taking advantage of anything. He has a 22M networth company that's wasting potential gains by investing it in B2B sales. A better way to state this situation would be: Is it okay for inattentive people to lose potential money because of the mistakes of a newbie?
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Post Rating: 3
+ / -

Total Posts: 108
It's okay for inattentive people to cost themselves money. Why keep them from reducing their own profits? That said, it would be very convenient if imports were sorted in along with B2B offers, which would remove the incentive to "import flip". Getting to a specific item in the import market can take multiple page loads, since there is no item-specific imports page, and some items are further down in their categories.
Zack WenJian
RJ: Zack
CO: Zack

+ / -

Total Posts: 114
smart newbies lost potential money for a few times and then do some research in forum and checking the price around, they realize and wise up.

some newbies never realize their whole life what they potentially lost or the opportunity cost for making bad decision. then they obviously not suitable for business.

when i first started, i didn't realize the existent of import market, but second day of playing, i click around, saw it and compared it already.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
"EDIT: I love resellers and the enablers equally... but, I love everyone else more then them."

LOL Now that is a positive attitude on life!
James Tate
RJ: Nickelas James Tate

+ / -

Total Posts: 33
Import Flipping is fairly lucrative. Its however not just newbs which are falling for it. If you want b2b new additions and see that some markets are getting flushed with above import prices at import Q, for large sums of money, there are players buying Import Flipped goods who should know better.

Now, personally, I think this should be allowed behavior. But it's very delicate, and easily defeated business strat. Now, ICly should this be Illegal? I dont know... if you're going to buy from import you're going to be selling higher then import. I dont think there is any meaningful difference between players and the abstracted NPC retail customers. They're all consumers.
Harold Holt
RJ: Harold Holt

Post Rating: 30
+ / -

Total Posts: 28
It's annoying getting B2B categories flooded with overpriced imports that I am never going to buy. On the other hand I just made 60 grand off of one dodgy importer listing an item way under the import price.

Edit: Also note that they are not just ripping their customers off but themselves as well. Getting a 10% return in 3 days if somebody ends up buying it when you can invest almost anywhere else in your business and get a 50% return within 24 hours.
James Tate
RJ: Nickelas James Tate

+ / -

Total Posts: 33
Yea... that was me. I goofed on the price for the golf bugs. I meant to list them in the 230 range.~

And for them to be ripping off themselves would imply that their retail stores products are the same one their flipping, and thats probably not the case.
Minwoo Hyeong
RJ: Dead Eyes

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
What retail stores products are being flipped isn't relevant. It's still a waste of capital. The only time it would be financially excusable would be if you were also buying out any other B2B products in order to monopolize. Even then you'd be wasting money, but at least then it's slightly strategic.
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.