Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » is Scott still alive ?

is Scott still alive ?

Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next
J Atkinson
RJ: Tom Cook

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 36
The hell with Scott....... IS THE GAME STILL ALIVE????!!!
It seems like nothings happening in the markets or where-ever???
If you're playing let us know?
Edwin Quintanilla
RJ: EdqMaster
CO: Edqmaster

+ / -

Total Posts: 74
I am still playing in the hopes that the game catches on again and our beloved developer comes back to take care of his fan base.
martin uzz
RJ: Martinuzz
CO: martinuzz

+ / -

Total Posts: 59
still playing. Slowly but steadily building up my fruits and veggies empire
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
I may stop soon if Scott remains silent. This is pointless to continue now if the game is going to shutdown in few days or weeks.
J Atkinson

+ / -

I totally agree.... no advertising or anyone new coming into the game..... seems a shame actually. This COULD be one of the top games on the net if it was run properly.
Hey Scott..... where-ever you are..... let's talk about me taking it over from you, huh?
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Can you code? If so, let's talk about just doing something fresh.
Destiny Milos
RJ: Destiny Milos
CO: Destiny Milos

+ / -

Total Posts: 5
I am also still playing. This game has a lot of potential, but it will never reach its full potential without an active developer. Scott leaving the game without word has really hurt the game. The game is almost like a ghost town now. I keep playing in hopes that he will come back, but every day that seems less of a possibility. I know real life happens and people cannot be on the computer all of the time, but there has been ZERO communication from him to the players.

EDIT: grammar/spelling
Bob Malone

+ / -

I wouldnt be surprised discovering that he's in fact coding another game...
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
I really enjoy this as a simple resource management and macroeconomics game. I've tried a bunch of other games similar to it and they are all friggin time sinks and OCD nightmares.

If you aren't going to develop this anymore, Scott, please look for someone to carry the flame, or make it open source, or something?

Personally I think that you would be missing an opportunity to make a living on this if you walk away from it. With some more development, and tasteful additions of ads from sectors that the game actually operates in, you could make some green yourself.

Imagine players being able to buy ads ingame for their own game company (game money for players!) BUT outsiders being able to pay YOU (real money) for real ads, and mix them in together. You get a Best Bot Apparel ad, followed by a Best Buy electronics ad, for example.

It would be more work for you if you don't have doubleclick or some other adbot company handle things, but not a whole lot if you just tell the advertisers, they have a 250x250 pixel spot on the screen (or whatever banner size ingame companies get for their ads) for a static image and a link. No audio, video.

Ah well, I might have overreached here, but there's real money advertising potential for you here provided you put a little work into making it an actual part of the game!
Christopher Fowler
RJ: W. T. Snacks
CO: Sirkh

+ / -

Total Posts: 71
I'm still playing though I did take a break for a while. That was however before Scott decided to jump ship. Either way I too am wondering if Scott will ever return. If he does return I suspect it will be sometime within the next three to six months at the earliest, though that in and of itself is just a prediction. If he doesn't return then it may be within one and a half times that in which this game is shut down or handed off to someone else.

I could be and probably am wrong in some way or another but I like making predictions so here you go. I for one am glad that this game is one of the two or three that for right now is making me lose sleep, regardless of a dwindling player base. If someone could make this a one-player game I would most certainly buy it.
J Atkinson

+ / -

Who's paying the server costs?
Brent Goode

+ / -

If it takes Scott another three months to get his act together, this won't be here. I thought he might return just after Labor Day. Now, I don't know. I am beginning to lose focus on it, as I see little point in just endlessly building a company that has no purpose except to stumble forward. Add to that the continued cheats gutting the dead fish, and there is just too little good going on here.
Brent Goode

+ / -

I would be happy to add artistic input.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: W. T. Snacks
CO: Sirkh

+ / -

Total Posts: 71
I have no useful skills for that sort of thing. I made a couple visual novels a few years ago in Ren'Py but only one ever did well in the market I released them in. However now all I could really do is test when it gets to that point or come up with ideas that would be better thought up of by the developers themselves.

Good luck with your endeavors; I'm going to keep on trudging along with my little 18.2 M net worth company like I do each day until something else happens.
Bob Malone

+ / -

anyway if Scott remains fully unreachable, that's over...
Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.