Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » is Scott still alive ?

is Scott still alive ?

Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 341
(Player Last Active: September 6, 2012, 9:03 PM)

And what if Scott has been hacked ?
Pitikif Tikever
RJ: Pitikif
CO: Pitikif

+ / -

Total Posts: 21
If he has been hacked he can create a new account as a normal user and comunicate it to ppl here in forum :)
Bob Malone

+ / -

still no news, I sold one company and will stop the 2 others in the coming day
Garry Hurst
RJ: jackosbournelookalike
CO: jackosbournelookalike

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Guys I've been here for a long time, Scott may just need some personal/family time, he works full time, and has lost MANY MANY hours of needed sleep to work on this game, so let's try to remember sometimes real life gets in the way. and as far as hosting costs, i'm sure it's not hard for him to maintain it, however maybe he wants things to slow down to give him time to fix things that don't work the way he wants them to. just an idea to think about.... anyway whatever is going on with you Scott, I miss our communications and I hope I hear from you soon.

Garry
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I don't disagree with you in principle, Garry. However, it has been months now. At some point it becomes comedy of the absurd. I feel like I am in a Sarte play or something.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
What would be nice is if there was a server admin who could still run news and events. That would make it still seem "alive" even with no coding advances. We don't "need" constant coding upgrades, but we do need dynamic demand shifts with accompanying world news updates to make things evolve. "Designer Clothing is in crazy demand!! all those farmers better start pushing silk on the B2B!" or whatever would go a great deal towards making markets and pushing players to be B2B producers instead of a bunch of single player vertical companies which is the only profitable thing now.

Also hopefully could steer away from aircraft being "endgame" as in the most profitable product no question. If Scott is out there, this doesn't have to be a one man operation. Give a couple "admins" the tools to mix things up and keep it fresh with demand. BB Goode wrote a bunch of stuff, I'm sure some others would be up to the task. Just cycling through hot goods would go a long way to keeping things fresh instead of a min/max world encouraging bots.
Bob Malone

+ / -

Garry Hurst : To have a rest is completely ok, he may also have serious issue in real life, but we didnt get any message from him since months... If you don't take the time to say "ok guys, I will be off few weeks but I will come back", it's that you gave up the idea to further develop this game.
Pitikif Tikever
RJ: Pitikif
CO: Pitikif

+ / -

Total Posts: 21
I'm developing a game like this, but this game will be in spanish language at first... but there are a lot of time to be finished still... when my game will be ready i'll tell you. :)
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

I'm just hoping that this extremely long period of inactivity doesn't mean something life threatening has occurred.
Jax Teller
RJ: TheDoctor
CO: JaxTeller

+ / -

Total Posts: 40
Hey Guys I found another economics game like this but including warfare, society tax rates etc it's called Pixelnations.net. When you register just put in TheDoctor as the person who referred you. Thanks, I hope to see you guys there.
M Burch

+ / -

Heh, There's another economics game out there already that includes warfare and taxes. EVE online. The charm to this game (to me) is that there is no PVP other than price wars.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Still no Scott, huh?
M Burch

+ / -

Not a peep that I've seen. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if he might have passed away. Simply walking away from a development project like this for this long, with no contact whatsoever is... absurd. Some sort of statement should have occurred by now.
Felton Lichter
RJ: Felton Lichter
CO: Felton Lichter

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
undoubtedly he has been mesmerized by a cunning wench.
M Burch

+ / -

While that is plausible Felton, I doubt it. The sort of person who would spend this much time programming would be the type of person who, no matter what sort of social relationship they found themself in, would at least find the time to sneak into a public library and post in the forums something like. "RL first folks, I'm breaking away from this project to work on being a better family man."

I'm thinking either prison or catastrophic health issues here. Heck, even in prison a game like this would be a handy teaching tool for inmates, and he'd probably be allowed to develop it.
Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.