Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Just lost 50 million on the stock market??

Just lost 50 million on the stock market??

Previous [1] 2 Next
Kevin Titus
RJ: Alfred Sloan
CO: Kevin

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 3
With all the capital I raised from the crazy food sales, I invested into the stock market. Most of my shares are doing good, and so I invested more. Kept my investments varied, all about 20 to 30 million or so. One of my failing stocks is in GLADOS, I invested 50 million. They are now worth 30 million, and the networth of the company just dropped to zero. I tried to sell my stocks, but they are now stinky and the robocitizens want nothing to do with them.

I have a feeling I missed something very obvious. Can anyone post some tips on how not to get completely screwed over? It seemed like a small new startup that I decided to take a risk on, and I'm now out the whole 50 million.

Also.... did I break some sort of rules? Am I inadvertently part of some nefarious stock market scheme? Am I a victim, or a crook? Please enlighten me
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Get-rich-quick schemes do exist, but from what I'm seeing the quickest way to do it (without requiring other players' stock-market sacrifices) would be:

1. Start up a shell company
2. Bring it public
3. Buy the shares at $1
4. Put in the cash (through illegal B2B trades)
5. Appraise the company at its new (higher) networth
6. Wait for the shares to rise
7. Dump the shares at a higher price
8. Borrow a new loan
9. Transfer the money out (through illegal B2B trades)

Problems?
Illegal B2B trades are easily flagged, so someone is still "sacrificed" in the end. Each stock market transaction is also logged, so if I find it morally unacceptable I can simply throw you into the jail without providing any reasons.

The correct way would be just to find a good company that's been around for some time, with a good P/E.
Gamma Alpha
RJ: Gammatron
CO: Gammatron

+ / -

Total Posts: 104
1. New companies. Need to be quick in those extremely short-term investments. You can make dozens of millions in minutes, just watch how the graph changes shortly after the shares begin to sell. When they hit the very bottom, buy as much as you can (but never 100% of what's available), then wait until it reaches its high peak and sell all immediately. Repeat several times.

2. Short-term investmend in well established companies. Just find one which has reached its lows and starts gaining on value slowly. After a day it's value can go up to 30-50%, depending on the company and number of shares.

3. Long term investment - well, I've never tried any, hahaha.
David Donlon
RJ: Fenious Buttersmith

+ / -

Total Posts: 79
GLADOS specifically is a company that was ruined during the scandals. According to what he said yesterday, Semaj is trying to rescue it, and you should note that he has brought a suit against the perpetrators of the fraud that damaged the company. He'll almost certainly win that suit, and when he does, some of the value of the company will be returned. It's a risky investment but if everything goes as planned, should be lucrative for those who bought low and stayed in.
Paul Giggs
RJ: Paul Giggs
CO: Paul Giggs

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 14
Why does GLADOS not produce cake?!?
Jeremy Mclear
RJ: Jeremy Mclear

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
Paul raises a good point, if a company named after GLADOS isn't producing SOMETHING in reference to the original material, something weird is going on.
D Patrick Michael
RJ: Castun

+ / -

Total Posts: 41
Just remember the truth about the cake.
Jeremy Mclear
RJ: Jeremy Mclear

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
If only the true cake was a product.
Gamma Alpha

+ / -

I cannot sell GLADOS shares now, cause they're stinky. It kind of sucks - any help?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Since the ask/bid system isn't in place (so players can't buy them) and the robotizens don't want it, your best bet is probably just to wait for the company to actually make some $. With a positive EPS the stock price should rise up and the robotizens will like it more then.
Gamma Alpha

+ / -

Well, apparently players can buy them, because I bought them myself when they hit their bottom 2 days ago. with a good will. Then I learned that the company was an indirect victim of a scam.

I propose that companies whose shares are stinky (read: possible to buy, impossible to sell) should be temporarily disqualified from the market, otherwise there will be more people like me with frozen 30M :(
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
I'm sorry, but if you play the stock market you're taking a risk. If you don't want to take the risk, don't play; I don't.

Stock markets are always caveat emptor. Never put in money you're not prepared to lose.
Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

+ / -

Total Posts: 148
Sell it now. I just bought it out yesterday.
Kevin Titus
RJ: Alfred Sloan
CO: Kevin

+ / -

Total Posts: 3
The stocks are still stinky. I am losing hope I will ever be able to sell them.
Gamma Alpha

+ / -

Mister Death, you're absolutely right. But it's good to know about the possibility of the shares getting stinky if something (what precisely? i'm not sure) is happening on the market BEFOREHAND - I'm for clear rules and calculated risk.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Hey, if I'm the robotizen, I certainly wouldn't want to tell you that I'm selling "stinky shares" to you :-P
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.