Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » More players interactions

More players interactions

Previous [1] 2 Next
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 341
edit : idea was mainly bad ( forbid B2B transactions between companies we own to avoid too much verticalization ), so I removed it.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 214
I'm not sure this is a good idea, There is no action on b2b not so much because people are verticalizing but just that there arent enough people.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
With daily maintenance costs so high, its too risky to rely on the B2B currently. I want to start producing beverages, but if a couple days go by without a key ingredient available I'd lose tons of money. So its much safer to just put down my own plantations. Similarly when I produced chemical products if they sat on B2B for a couple days it was a massive loss to my growth abilities. Even if I made a few million profit off the sale 3 days later, I already payed many more millions in maintenance costs.

Maybe its just rose colored glasses, but it seemed like the balance between store sales and maintenance costs were much better when I first started playing before the store overhaul, and shelf system and all that. Seemed like there were more options. Now I find it difficult to keep my costs low enough to achieve enough profit in store sales unless I go as close to vertical as possible.
Josh S
RJ: Josh Schmidt
CO: Josh Schmidt

+ / -

Total Posts: 5
I am against this idea. The supply on the B2B for many products is too unstable (with many shortages and absurd prices) because there are too few suppliers/players. Vertical integration is a legitimate strategy to cut costs (a cost leadership strategy) and ensure a secure supply chain. If I want to open up my own mine in response to the coal shortage to ensure I can keep producing silicon, I should be able to. And if I own a power plant within the same company, but produce silicon in my industrial products company, I should be able to use my coal in either company.

I paid the fee to start the business, and I'm 'paying' in the sense that my land slot is tied up producing raw materials and not higher valued products. If I choose that route then that it my prerogative.

There's already an increasing business startup cost, so companies can't completely verticalize.
Bob Malone

+ / -

I completely share your points, and I am verticalizing myself with my 2nd company, but this beeing done, this is just that I have the feeling that it doesnt make the game better at the end...
We should look forward more players interactions.
Of course, key point is the number of players and Scott should share with us what's his plan about the game ( if any ).
Josh S
RJ: Josh Schmidt
CO: Josh Schmidt

+ / -

Total Posts: 5
I see your point; this is a multiplayer game after all! I see this problem more as a symptom of a problem (too few players) than a problem in itself. Legislating this would only cause more problems and isn't the solution, in my opinion.

I sell industrial products B2B, so I too would like to see a more active B2B market. As it stands I am vertically integrated both to cut costs and keep a good supply chain going. If we had more players then (theoretically anyway) the supply on the B2B will increase. The B2B market would become more stable (more producers = less shortages) and the price may also decrease (assuming of course that a fair share of new players enter the raw materials industries). As the prices trend down and supply becomes more stable, some vertically integrated companies will start seeing it makes sense for some products to be outsourced and the land used to provide more value-added products.

So I agree with you that it doesn't necessarily add something to the game. But Scott should focus his efforts on fixing exploits and game mechanics and winning players (both old ones back, and new ones) rather than treating symptoms.
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
God damn Bob Malone! What game do you want to play? Doesn't seem to be this one!!

Maybe you guys shouldn't have harassed the one guy who kept the B2B going out of the game?

If this is done, I am out of here, for sure.
Moe Jack

+ / -

I f anything that 5% commission on B2B should be done away with. It's not fair unless there is a tax on store sales.
Bob Malone

+ / -

There is sometimes a big difference between optimization and fun. When we play, we may push in optimization process, and this is what I am trying to do currently. This beeing said, I can recognize that more player interactions would provide more fun, and this is what I am requesting ( maybe the idea is not good, but at least there is a debate ), even if this going in a complete another direction compared to the one I took until now.

Unfortunately, nowadays, this is the game rules which make the player behaviour, and not the contrary.

Tax on store doest already exist in some way since you have to pay building maintenance and salaries, and this is not really cheap to be honest.

And please stop with BallC "harrassment", this guy was cheating/exploiting, and this is completely normal that the community is angry against him.

Moe Jack

+ / -

Give me a BREAK.

Dude... the "community" was you and the other 4 richest people. There is no community on here. That's a joke. There was no fucking vote or anything. There were almost as many actual accounts (I think about 4 or 5) which posted defenses or at least ambivalence about the horrible cheating as were posting way more posts whining about it.

Now we have a worldwide economy which pretty much dropped by 25% after he left. Oh man it's so much more fun.

And now you want to advocate for more player interaction?! I was BEGGING you to buy my rocks. Now you realize that it's more fun if you interact with other players (other than just complaining about them I assume).

The last thing we need is more rules, there needs to be more players at least more players with money.

I am gonna list my stock and start another run. If I can't get 20+ million in B2B today without BallC, I'm out, this shit is broke.
Bob Malone

+ / -

Not sure that you got my point. In fact you didnt. I am currently optimizing my business, in game rules perimeter, ie verticalizing. And I will continue, if the game push me to go in this direction. But if the game push to go for more player interactions, I would be happy with this change.

I don't want to be the only guy destroying his margin to increase player interactions, that's not my role, it's admin duty to give rules which may encourage this.

And I am currently using B2B market to buy all the electronic stuff I need for my vehicules, because this is something which require many investment in building and research , which is not the case for iron/coal. I let you think about that.

About the economy drop, who care ? this is the case for everyone.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

Post Rating: -2
+ / -

Total Posts: 146
NO, NO, NO NO AND YET MORE NO'S!

You just got rid of the main B2B player causing the B2B to be practically dead and you want to kill it further!?

Go play a different game already, this game was WAY better BEFORE you self entitled whiners came here!
Moe Jack

+ / -

Agree with Wuvil 100%

Malone, you represent the "community" no more than I do, but you seem to think you have your finger on the pulse of Econesia.

You admit as much that you won't play cooperatively unless forced... go play Civ 4 or something, please.
Bob Malone

+ / -

I easily admit obvious things. I am not the only one verticalizing in this game, but shame on me. And shame on me again, I proposed to limit it to allow you to do some business, but you don't get it. Majority of players are verticalizing , at least partly, that's why you are complaining right ?

Again, there are 3 reasons to not buy your iron/coal :

- margin impact on my steel/vehicules
- iron/coal is easy to produce
- if you leave the game ( and you seem close to ), my business is dead, I cannot import coal. On the same time, I can easily buy on B2B Electronics, because there are 2 different suppliers, so price remains decent, and ,if needed, in backup, I can import goods.
Moe Jack

+ / -

The harm to this game would be greater than any benefit I would get.

I'f I'm close to leaving the game it's largely due to your antics.
Bob Malone

+ / -

man, it's a suggestion forum, you know, it sounds like we can do proposals without beeing insulted. I admitted myself that it was maybe a bad idea at the end, so what's your point here ? I am not an exit door for your frustation.
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.