Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Problem with Water

Problem with Water

Previous 1 [2] Next
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Post Rating: 15
+ / -

Total Posts: 108
I think that the best "fix" would be to revert the change entirely and not to automatically mix item qualities, but that's just me. I'm not looking forward to managing separate quality levels of inventory for stores and production by using temporary B2B listings.
Random Tester
RJ: Tester
CO: Random Tester

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 26
Thanks NM, that 100% going to filtered water bug was corrected.
Alexia Perdhaer
RJ: Alexia Perdhaer

+ / -

Total Posts: 100
The "free water" to help through the transition didn't help people like me who keep all their water in filtration. Only 10 million out of about 200 million got doubled.

Is the quality of the doubled unfiltered water meaningful in any way?

I'm like David Stark, but to a much larger degree. I had water at 59 (now 60), wheat at 48, a few crops in the high 30s and the rest in the low 30s. So this change cuts the value of my fruit and agriculture by close to 20%. Because of the knock on affect (water before the change effects all baked goods at least twice as much as any other research in their chain), it reduces all my baked goods values by about 10% (maybe more I haven't run it through a spreadsheet, I have to have my morning coffee first). I was using thrice-filtered water quite profitably in pies. It boosted wheat, and therefore flour, boosted milk and therefore butter, and boosted the fruit of the pie (or pumpkin).

I get the necessity of splitting water, because I get the necessity of merging qualities so the game can scale.

But I think we should still have the option to enhance our fruit and agricultural products by putting effort into growing them with clean water. Lots of products already have multiple production chains (for example flour, vegetable oil), so this is already programmed.

Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
Crops usually are not watered with filtered water, and I think it could actually be disadvantageous to do so. The idea that you will increase the quality of a strawberry by using the municipal water supply is pretty silly.

Alexia Perdhaer

+ / -

also, right now unfiltered water is more than 3 times as much on b2b as filtered water.

only my small stock of best quality water got doubled, the other 200 million was queued.

So my now significantly poorer fruits & vegetables are going to cost much more to produce :/
Alexia Perdhaer

+ / -

@moe: ok, sure. But it was a significant aspect of the strategy of the game. And not in an exploit-y kind of way, at all. It was fundamentally the strategy of the game that water was base technology for many many products, and for products at the end of a long production change, water quality was multiplicative. So this change is very disruptive for people who were PLAYING the GAME (as opposed to trying to break it)
Alexia Perdhaer

+ / -

Ok, had my coffee and opened a spreadsheet.

My math instincts were VERY pessimistic.

For pumpkin pie, my loss in value (at 9X wholesale, which is what I currently sell my baked goods at in my stores) is 2.3%

This is because I had tried to pump pumpkin research in the last couple days, taking it to 35. If I had left it at 30, my loss in value would be 3.4%. Pumpkin pie research is also my highest baked goods research, but the effect if that had been left low is minimal (about 1/10% per 10 levels)

Pumpkin pie will be the best case scenario in my case. So my loss of value ranges from 2.5% to 3.5% across my baked goods.

That's not huge. But the shallowing of the tech trees makes the game somewhat less interesting.
Alexia Perdhaer

+ / -

For vegetables & fruit, my loss in value ranges from 8% to 15% across the whole line, based on selling fruit & vegetables at around 4X wholesale
Random Tester
RJ: Tester
CO: Random Tester

+ / -

Total Posts: 26
I wouldn't say it's a shallowing of the tech tree considering mining has always been a 100% quality from tech industry, and farming is just following the lead.

If people think it's necessary I can raise the research prices on farming to account for the change. (Prospecting/licensing fees for mining is already sky high, so no change there)
Alexia Perdhaer

+ / -

I just mean it takes away some strategic nuances. For example, filtering water one time had obvious value, but it was kind of non-obvious that triple filtering water was profitable (and sometimes quad-filtering, depending on the value you were getting for the other things you could be using the beverage factory time for). I had to work it out. That made the game interesting.

I'd love for there to be more inconsistencies, inconveniences, multiple builds, and gotcha's in the tech tree. They make the game interesting, because you have to think through your strategy more.

Previous 1 [2] Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.