Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Problem with Water

Problem with Water

Previous [1] 2 Next
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 19
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I am showing two icons in my beverage factories for water.
I have a bunch of water in the warehouse of varying qualities.
I cannot put crops on my plantations, as it says I have no water available.
I need help. Can you look into this please?
This is happening in Grim Enterprises.

OK, now I just bought cans off the B2B, and suddenly had two icons for can production appearing in those same beverage factories. I smell a rat. Er...perhaps I should rephrase that....

We can now add the fact that I can now sell plain old water that is not in a bottle in my gas station. I guess I am charging to drink out of the quality delineated fountains? At least I know where all the water that I can't put on my crops has gone.
Oy.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Hi BB, I'm making this change in preparation to "squashing" all qualities into a single float. (As a dependency for simplifying the stores/warehouse and providing more information on a single page)

There are now 2 different products:
Water, and Water (Filtered)

The former will be used for agriculture/industrial, and the latter for food.

UPDATE:
I've listed some raw water on the market before the change.

All existing Water have been duplicated into the two types, and research converted into Water (Filtered).
Weicong Sng
RJ: Park Min Young
CO: Psychotic Nutcase

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 59
same goes for me, this problem.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

There's always been 2 cans: the aluminum ones and the steel ones.
Paul Chambers
RJ: ppiixx

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
Is the filtered water supposed to count for 0% of the quality of a end product now?

IE coffee bean quality comes 100% from coffee bean research and 0% from water quality.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Oh no... did I make a mistake? Let me check.

No, that's raw water, so no problem there. (Note raw water behaves just like electricity now)
David Stark
RJ: Zarkonnen
CO: David Stark

+ / -

Total Posts: 53
Shame. :( Catjam industries has massive reserves of Q30-50 water I was using to boost cotton quality.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Cheer up!

1. You've gotten massive reserves of free raw water from the change
2. You no longer need water to boost your Cotton quality, it's 100% tech now.
Paul Giggs
RJ: Paul Giggs
CO: Paul Giggs

+ / -

Total Posts: 14
My water doubled. My warehouse now shows I have equal quantities of Q17 water and Q17 filtered water. Also equal quantities of Q22 water and Q22 filtered water (my first attempt of filtering filtered water).

I never kept raw water and was always filtering it to give my crops a little boost in quality.
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Post Rating: 15
+ / -

Total Posts: 108
Twice-filtered water is lower quality than filtered well water. Filtered well water derives 100% of its quality from research, but it contributes 30% of its quality to subsequent filtration.
Andrew Turner
RJ: Thomas Lazygun

+ / -

Total Posts: 44
Lower quality? No. Less efficient, certainly. But the only way you can produce water at anything near your nominal quality research level.
Marc Laird
RJ: MarcAFK

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
My water doesn't seem to have doubled, I have 7 million filtered and only a few hundred k unfiltered, It's a shame i can't combine them or just use the filtered industrially, my lemons are mighty thirsty :(
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Post Rating: 15
+ / -

Total Posts: 108
Lower quality? No. Less efficient, certainly. But the only way you can produce water at anything near your nominal quality research level.

Did you even read what I said in my previous post? It was only two sentences. If you're going to tell me I'm wrong, you should probably first make sure that I'm wrong. Let's go through the following example from my utility company.

I decide to filter my old Q50 water from last night. I put it through my snazzy Q74 filtration system. I get less, new filtered water of Q66. This is how things worked before, so at first glance, seems fine, right?

I now use my fresh new Q0 well water, and I put it through my Q74 filtration system. I get Q74 filtered water. Note that this is different from before the water split. Note that I used lower-quality water to achieve a better result.
Space Butler
RJ: Space Butler
CO: Space Butler

+ / -

Total Posts: 19
So all my now 'filtered' water is useless for agricultural purposes. I can't grow anything with it. Even when I get water (filtered water is much cheaper than unfiltered on B2B currently), it won't improve the quality of my crops, leaving me with lower overall quality for my products.
David Stark
RJ: Zarkonnen
CO: David Stark

+ / -

Total Posts: 53
>> 1. You've gotten massive reserves of free raw water from the change
But I doubt filtered water's going to be worth much given the glut of it that now exists. I have no industries that use it, so I can only try selling it on B2B where I doubt it will fetch much of a price.

>> 2. You no longer need water to boost your Cotton quality, it's 100% tech now.

I was using Q50 water to boost my cotton's quality. I don't have tech 50 in cotton, but Q45. So the quality of cotton produced in my fields has dropped.

I mean, I understand the reasoning behind splitting it, but I just want to point out that this change did reduce the value of my company's holdings.
Michael Tsui
RJ: Reisen
CO: Reisen Udongein Inaba

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
A good temporary "fix" might be an industrial process that turns filtered water into unfiltered water.

In addition, making filtered water from greywater only 50% as good as its tech would be reasonable.
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.