Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » quality of imports dropped?

quality of imports dropped?

Previous [1] 2 Next
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 128
I am buying industrial store products on the B2B and totally hosed my warehouse this morning when all the nice soviet goods are now 1/3 the quality at the SAME PRICE?

Really?

Scott, can we try to communicate a little more on the boards about how some of the stuff is going to work? What's the point of that change? To allow for better competition? Why did the price stay the same?

EDIT> I guess this was announced... not sure if boards are too crowded or I just don't have enough time to hunt for game changing situations.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: -2
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I am totally with you on this problem, Moe. The Import/Export markets have becoming an embarrassment and they are getting worse. I don't have a problem with quality drops, I can live with that. But a price structure that basically took the import market out of the game in the first place, and is now further exacerbated by the drops in quality, is ludicrous beyond belief. Added to the shelving system, and you have a recipe for disaster when it comes to having any kind of fun. This is all becoming too much work to be a game any longer. And it is getting too stupid to be a sim. I own a small business in real life, and if I had these kinds of dynamics at play, I would shut it down rather than watch myself slowly starve to a painful death.
Dan Laurence
RJ: Sourpuss
CO: Sourpuss

Post Rating: -9
+ / -

Total Posts: 49
Man, you cry a LOT. He even said yesterday the quality would drop in last night's rollover. Import QL is supposed to be based on average world tech.

Edit because I like bold words.

Also, that's a Chinese flag, not a USSR throwback.
Brent Goode

Post Rating: 7
+ / -

I bitch because I don't understand obvious problems with obvious solutions that don't get addressed.
I crank because it is sheer idiocy to take something good and destroy it with obviously poor decisions.
I cry because I don't want to see yet another good thing go down because someone got stubborn about the stick in their own eye.
I complain because the core of the problem has been pointed out before it became a problem, and lo and yea, it is implemented and has become the very problem it is.
I repudiate because I can fix my own mistakes, and don't understand those that don't do the same, while claiming to be concerned about the good of others.
I rant because the only thing I have ever seen work is to be in someone's face until they deal with the problems, especially when it is one problem repeated ad nauseum.
I lament, because my alternative is to leave and write a review of the "game" for the sites I voted on so I can repair damage I did by recommending it with those votes.
I resign this post now, because I have run out of workable verbiage off the top of my head and don't want to pull out a dictionary.

Oh, right, one more thing...I think if you actually read the post you are responding to, I said I didn't have a problem with lower Q, but untenable prices. I actually recommended (along with other players) this move weeks ago in response to people complaining about not being able to sell on the B2B as they felt the import markets were too competitive to go against(talk about crying.) All that was needed was a drop in quality, not a three-fold increase in prices as well. In fact, prices were higher yet again this morning, in concert with that Q drop. If there is some ingenious dynamic of advanced economics that I am unaware of at work there, please educate me on it. I really do like to learn. Otherwise, quit wasting space I could be using to rant in, thankyouverymuch.
Clement Attlee
RJ: Lady Gaga
CO: Vladimir Putin

Post Rating: 9
+ / -

Total Posts: 4
I'd assume the change is to make stores that simply import goods and resell them less profitable, and encourage buying goods off B2B in addition to producing more goods yourself.
In my opinion, it shouldn't be profitable to resell imports at all.
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 142
I had a feeling this was coming after the jump this weekend from "normal" 5x ratio for imports to 10x overnight. Now after the wipe, we started at 10x and jump to 15x AND have the quality go to crap overnight.

If there are so many issues with foreign trade, why haven't we seen dramatic cuts in export prices as well?
Brent Goode

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

In my opinion, it shouldn't be profitable to resell imports at all.

Huh?????? There isn't an economy in the world that could survive with that notion. Not one. Not before China emerged for exploitation, not after. Pretty much never in history.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 7
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
There was a bug in the import earlier with "lower quality prices" applied to "higher quality goods". It was corrected and thus you see the "problem".

I'll lower the "tariffs" tonight since all posts seem to be complaints.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

Post Rating: 6
+ / -

Total Posts: 183
I was actually kinda happy with the high import prices now that I got into manufacturing - was finally seeing a good profit since I could sell my manufactured goods without competition from all the imports. :D

Lowering them a ways would be good though, since they're way overpriced right now. Just don't go overboard with it. Cutting them too low would hurt manufacturers, and a huge drop all at once would just penalize folks who are currently manufacturing using the overpriced imported materials. (like me :P)
Nathan Dilday
RJ: ndkid
CO: ndkid

+ / -

Total Posts: 47
I just assumed this was some sort of punishment to those of us that started by building a retail shop rather than building a factory... the country trying to encourage the industrial sector over the service economy and all that. After all, if there's one thing Econesia teaches us, it's to expect capricious legislative changes. I mean, do you remember a year or two ago, when they set the quota in place that said a place of business could only sell up to *eight* different products?!?!?
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
So Im officially done with this game. Theres too many issues. Many changes (especially with the store change killing products on B2b and killing any variety) have really ruined the fun of the game.These were all REALLY obvious beforehand too is what killed me. Its not like these were unavoidable. The new server is pretty obviously gimped to slow growth or otherwise completely effed so I just don't want the grief. Good luck all.

I sold all my stock in Clemen Electronics (10G NW) and Clemen Ice Cream (4G NW). They are all in good financial health, pick em up.
Brent Goode

Post Rating: -2
+ / -

Now that the qualities are so low, prices should allow players to put them in stores, as the trade-off against higher Q goods is going to make them only so profitable as players develop their researches. Eventually they should end up doing what the system should have them doing...being a marginally profitable stop-gap product for empty shelves, and keeping manufacturers from crippling everyone else with gouged pricing.
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 128
I want to apologize again for whining about the change. It isn't a bad change, it's that it caught me by surprise.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
I don't import much at all and therefore care an equal small amount.
Brent Goode

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Moe: Don't apologize for voicing an opinion on something.
Scott has made it clear he wants, and can take, the feedback. You posted a very true and valuable concern. Just because some cat, self-named 'Sourpuss,' talked some smack doesn't mean you said anything wrong or not worthy of the effort. Good going.
Dan Laurence
RJ: Sourpuss
CO: Sourpuss

Post Rating: 3
+ / -

Total Posts: 49
Look, BB, you made a big mistake with all your huge research investment when the game started. That ticked you off, causing you to make a lot of content free posts on the forums. I'm sorry, but it was getting annoying. Why you deem it necessary to drag this back up 4 days later I'm not sure.

Your post I was responding to (which I'm sorry I did take a rude tone with) was bad. Here let's go over it real quick:

But a price structure that basically took the import market out of the game in the first place, and is now further exacerbated by the drops in quality, is ludicrous beyond belief.

Yeah well, obviously this is crap. Nobody is having any issues with making money from imports. In fact, there have been a slew of people commenting it seems overpowered at the moment. Prices may have gone down the next day, but they rebounded the day after. Quality and Price go into the same equation as well, I believe, so affecting one is the same as affecting the other.

And that is the only content in your post, the rest is just nothing. Basically the prices are too darn high.
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.