Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Litigations » Suing: Howard Roark and Galt Industrial Inc.

Suing: Howard Roark and Galt Industrial Inc.

Previous 1 2 3 [4] Next
John Bouton
RJ: John Bouton
CO: LOL

Post Rating: -4
+ / -

Total Posts: 20
I move that Galt Industrial be fined the 143 million dollars and that the seized funds are allocated to a government housing project.
David Donlon
RJ: Fenious Buttersmith

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 79
BURN HIM!!

He turned me into a newt.

For serious, I don't care to see anyone banned. Just fined and viciously shamed for his chicanery.

I'd say, whenever anyone says "Howard" now, they have to say it like Seinfeld said "Newman!"

Howard!

See? That makes it better.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

Post Rating: -2
+ / -

Total Posts: 153
It would seem that Zap Rowsdower via Duncans Toy Chest is the latest one to see fraud and shenanigans as the quickest way to riches.
address unknown
RJ: DropsySufferer

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
What if Roark had simply held enough of the shares to maintain control of the company and kept noxious dog from taking control? would Roark's laundering have been ok then?

The only reason this is an issue is because he let someone buy the company. That person expected there would be assets.

I think if an SEC/rules is wanted by Ratan then enforceable rules need to be written up or people will keep doing whatever they wish and you can't blame them. Once there are rules in place then these types of issue will resolve themselves.

I enjoy the idea of a completely free and unregulated market as I can see what would happen in theory actually occur. That said, until rules are created these incidents will continue to occur.
David Donlon

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

I think people still are doing whatever they wish -- some of them calling for justice, and Rattan dealing with it as he likes. As you say, you can't blame them. Where some of you have gotten off the track is that you think it'll be OK to screw people, and they'll just take it and that is how it ought to be. Well, you see where that gets you.
Matt Leitch
RJ: Howard Roark

Post Rating: -8
+ / -

Total Posts: 8
David - I know I'll sleep better knowing you are out there protecting everyone from the evil doers in this online capitalism simulator.

We can all breathe easy now that David Donlon - The Douche Defender is watching out for us!

Blast Hardcheese
RJ: Blast Hardcheese

+ / -

Total Posts: 24
My E-Dollars! My precious E-Dollars!
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
My only real concern is for the future of the game. As long as we can keep things under enough control to keep new players (like me, actually) feeling that things are on the up and up, some room to "play" the market and corporate game is fine.

I am beginning to see that people are hiring the wrong CEO's. I don't know how you solve that problem, since we can all easily lie to each other. But some responsibility has to be taken by the hiring managers and the Boards of these companies for the results.

On the flip side, there should be enough consequence for corrupt activity to make it risky and potentially dangerous to the crooks. Like it or not, there are only two kinds of social environments: ones with some kind of rule of law, no matter how loose or tight, and anarchy. I am pretty mostly kinda sure anarchy will not work here.

But it sure is fun watching these debates go on. (chuckle)
David Donlon

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

I guess I hit a nerve. But I can't feel sorry for you given what you've said in this thread already. I mean - it is a game. Why ruin it for everybody?
Benjamin Cohen
RJ: Benjamin Baruch Cohen IV
CO: Barun Cohen

Post Rating: -3
+ / -

Total Posts: 18
There are no rules. Neither written or unwritten ones.

Get Ratan to write up some rules, then sue the shit out of people.
Derp Aderp
RJ: Bertha Van Ation
CO: Fancy McPants

+ / -

Total Posts: 22
It's laissez-faire capitalism, baby! Yum!
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
There have to be some implied rules even if none are written. An unregulated market is the equivalent of a bank with no vault. If you can make 10X the money with shady stock market dealing than you can actually playing the game and running a company this game will have ZERO chance of survival. It will be left with nothing but a handful of scammers trying to one up each other.

If the market remains unregulated I for one plan to do nothing but create corporation after corporation trickling the stock down to fifty percent as it climbs then dumping the rest at peak, shove the capital into another startup, rinse, and repeat until we find the max in either companies or money that the game can handle.

The only reason to keep a company will be if you simply like working for the money instead of harvesting it from the magical stock market tree.
Guy McMoney
RJ: Guy McMoney

+ / -

If we're going to play an economic sim then it needs to have economic rules. What's the point in simulating real world economics if real world law does not apply?

It's a game first, of course. But a game without enforcement is just a race to see who can cheat their way to the top.

Yes, in the real world people break the law on the way to the top. But if they're stupid about it, they get caught and all that that entails. Mr. Roark felt that defrauding share holders was ok because it was not in the rules. Mr Roark is wrong.

The game is a simulation of real world economics. I don't see how it can succeed if normal consequences of unethical actions are not enforced.
Guy McMoney
RJ: Guy McMoney

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

The only debate here is whether the game should allow unfettered looting of stock holders pockets. If the answer is yes, then have at it. If the answer is no then it needs to be enforced.

I'm not sure why anyone is discussing whether Roark was in the right or not. He clearly, and I mean crystal clearly was not. There's a reason this behaviour is punished in the real world. And it's not because people are sore losers. Lol?

I'm here for some regulated capitalism. If that's not this game let me know so I can find something less inane to do.

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Case closed.

The Verdict
Judge Greenhog has reached a decision in the following case:

Plantiff:
GoonPower Inc. shareholders
v.
Defendant
Howard Roark

Count 1 - Guilty
Count 2 - Guilty
Count 3 - Guilty

Having been found guilty on all counts, Howard Roark is hereby ordered to pay GoonPower Inc. $143,322,340 plus 10% interest for a total of $157,654,574 forthwith.

Furthermore, Howard Roark is hereby sentenced to jail for a term of 8 months (about 126 server hours). Howard Roark is also ordered to pay the central bank an additional fine of $150,000,000.

The court orders GoonPower Inc. to receive first priority on all claims against Howard Roark's cash and assets until the $157,654,574 judgment has been paid in full. The central bank shall be considered a secondary claimant to GoonPower Inc.

It is later discovered that Mr. Roark's sentence was extended to 2 years due to his continued involvement in money laundering.
Previous 1 2 3 [4] Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.