Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Time to retire

Time to retire

M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Well, at 115 years old, Farmerbob has a few trillion in the bank, and is going to spend some time fishing.

I had fun here, folks, but it seems as if Scott either doesn't have the time or the inclination to continue development.

For you new folks out there, I'll be leaving a few holes in the market when I leave. Use your eos information screens to look for foodstuff and crops on the Test server that supply disappears on. On the CapOL server, I'll be leaving a substantial hole in the NPC store metals markets, gelatin market, and the fruits required for gelatin making as well.

I never really did get into the super-high profit margin stuff, or play with scripts, but I had fun! I'll drop by now and then to see if development starts again.

Regards,
Farmerbob
M Burch

+ / -

Of course, my largest and most valuable company is giving me some sort of error about investigations when I'm trying to sell. Ah well, a few hundred billion will have to be enough to retire on, I guess. Heh.
Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
I don't think an Econosian dollar is worth quite as much as an American dollar; a burger, after all, sells for around $50. If it's around 10 to 1, that means you only have tens of billions to retire with. Therefore, you should keep playing because that's not nearly enough for a comfortable retirement.

But seriously, I'm sorry to see another player go. Enjoy retirement.
M Burch

+ / -

I've been trying to cut out a few things that eat up my time. This was definitely a minor thing, but with no development, it was more of a habit than a game.

Why have I been trying to free up time?

I'd like to spend more time writing here: http://rejecthero.wordpress.com/about/
Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
I've been playing EOS since last fall, and don't really pat attention to game years vs real life time, so I don't know how long your 115 game years was spent playing this great game in real life.

I play one other capitalist business simulation game (Simunomics.) And while that game is fun and challenging, I enjoy EOS far more, as it is far more life like.

I know most people who've known me would classify me as a boring dork or dweeb, because I love history and political economics.

And while EOS leaves the political part of history out of free market capitalism, Scott sure did a great job of doing his research into simulating how products we take for granted we can buy at the store really get made.

After a brief mistake into fruits when I started, I chose Apparel. And just as in real life, here in EOS one first must grow the crops or raise the livestock. Then one must process that raw good into some sort of textile. Finally, one spins out an article of clothing.

And , again as in real life, the more money one invests in r&d, and the more money one spends on advertising, the better the odds one's company will gain competitive advantage over one's game opponents.

The only complaint I've (regularly) had while playing the game is the outrageous pricing I see sometimes on the B2B market, thus forcing more and more players to construct a 100% owned vertical business.

that's not real capitalism -- that's a vertical and horizontal monopoly or at least an oligarchy or cartel.

good luck with your writing project; perhaps I'll even read a few chapters from time to time.

Maybe you can urge some of your geekier friends who enjoy computer games to take your place, as it were, here on EOS.

good luck to you

You need to register or login to post a reply.