Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Company Ads » Valley Prospector Co. (Advertisment/Research)

Valley Prospector Co. (Advertisment/Research)

Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 132
With the new dynamic pricing system for Export I have decided to adopt a dynamic pricing system myself, this way I can make sure people don't just buy to export and the prices will remain as fair as possible. As a general rule though it looks like prices will be a bit higher for a while.
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
Fair enough. Did you say you were making lumber? I need a small batch...
Walter Yorkshire

Post Rating: 10
+ / -

I will be making lumber and it should be up some time tomorrow. As for the minerals I have a dilemma. Currently, Diamonds are exporting for a lot of money to the point where making anything else and selling it on the B2B market would mean an opportunity loss. If I were to try and sell it for a higher price to compensate, there is no point in you guys buying it as you would make little profit afterwards. All in all I think currently export/import makes it really hard for people profit from cooperation.
Mister Death

+ / -

Yeah, I personally wouldn't be sad if import/export went away altogether and we had to be self-sufficient...IMHO it doesn't add much to an already excellent game.
Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

I don't think it should go away all together, otherwise the only way to sell minerals is to other players (remember you can sell most finished goods in a store and you cannot export more finished goods, nor can you import minerals).

What might need changing is the assumption that base_production_cost is the wholesale value of the previous product as that is not the case if you buy it from another player. I can export minerals for about 2.6* wholesale value so say a player could buy it for 3*wholesale value, this greatly increases their cost to smelt the bars to the point where importing metal is attractive.
Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

I will be reopening the B2B Market section on my company again soon, using prices base on what I will be calling the Diamond Price Index. Basically, as the export price of Diamonds increases, the product cost of my products will increase. The opposite will happen as the export price of diamonds decrease. The prices though will definitively be higher than originality
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I'm going to tweak the export system just a little bit to downplay the quality factor, since I just tried it myself today and it's making me more money than I can make with stores.
Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

I don't mind, in the end I would rather have export as an option for when players are not buying, rather than the best option in most cases
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I believe the other major problem is I set the research price too low. With the current formula researching Q100 apple only costs $1,378,061.23, so I'll just multiply all research costs by 100 to start with, and fix the equation once and for all on a later date.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
uhm... wow... I'm not gonna afford much research anymore now lol...
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Right now the equation is based on 1.1^quality
I think the ideal way would be to change the 1.1 to 1.15, and still start at $100 (or $1000)

But I'm too tired today and am already making mistakes if you're active enough to notice.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
100x does seem a bit excessive if you want to compete with importing ;) A middle ground is probably better.

I like the exporting changes though.
Mister Death

+ / -

This discussion should be in its own thread.

Having said that, I think for the R&D base cost to make sense, it should be related to the base cost/time cost ratio of a product. Upping the starting value from $100 is important too; at this level, R&D is such a no-brainer it isn't even funny. I would have to start thinking about putting money in at the $1,000-2,000 level I think. I think that a 1.1 cost progression is fine since it is coupled with a quadratic time progression that forces people to build progressively bigger facilities. The real cost of researching something to Q100 within say a year of game time would be much, much higher than the price you quoted.
Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

Current prices are now listed in the first post. I will be adding more information later but the most important thing to note is that prices will be changing everyday and all minerals are based on the diamond price.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I got a feeling that this company will be the only one to see steady networth growth in the coming days, since anything we imported will only be counted as 1x quality-adjusted-value when it's sitting in the warehouse.

Too bad it's private.

You need to register or login to post a reply.