Wages/fees are way too high

Previous [1] 2 Next
Chandler Hill
RJ: Chandler
CO: Chandler

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 54
Even before the 30% to 100% increase, wages were absurd. I paid $2 million the past two nights in wages. My company's net worth is just barely over $50 million. I'm paying 4%, soon to be %12 percent (TWELVE PERCENT) of my COMPANY'S NET WORTH every single night to cover wages alone. Doubling maintenence and adding the tax...

If my calculations are correct, I'm going to be paying:
$1 million in building maintenence
$6 million in wages
12% of whatever I make today in tax (which, let's say that's 5 million, = 600k)
400k in dividends
= 8 million. Every night.

My company's networth is nearly $56 million. It's taken me about 2 weeks to build it up, and now I'm basically losing 3 million a night unless I find a miracle. I'm not a big company. I could understand if I was like something the size of Jackos, like some company worth $5.6 G or something. But I haven't even scraped the hundreds of millions and already I am basically screwed because I'm paying 1/7th of my net worth every night in fees and costs. I understand wanting to clamp down on growth, but these rates make any growth near impossible.

edit: whoops i posted this in newbie station OH WELL
Chandler Hill

+ / -

Oh, I did some figuring things out, I guess it's because my cafe is 1500m^2. The thing is though, I only use it to sell wine. It is a wine cafe. Why do I have so many employees, I don't need that many dudes to hock wine at discount prices
Tony Wooster
RJ: Johnny Appleseed

+ / -

Total Posts: 41
That makes sense then. No doubt that wages are based on a reasonable expected minimum revenues for a store of a given type and size. You're simply not leveraging your cafe's ability to sell all sorts of other products. I haven't done the calcs, but I'd bet that if you filled it even from the import market (w/ its prices only ~25% below retail), you'd start turning profits.
Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

Total Posts: 132
Don't worry, it hit the big companies hard also

Your company paid $10,828,615.16 in taxes, $131,084,668.80 in salaries, $10,367,200.00 in building maintenance,
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
So your issue really isn't that the taxes are high, it's that you can't specialize in a store. You're paying for those dozens and dozens of product slots that you aren't using. That's a completely different issue!
Chandler Hill

+ / -

Yeah, I guess that's probably it. It just first kinda slapped me with "here's 8 million in taxes on your 50 million NW company, deal w/ it" so
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
Since it's an issue that I'm not sure Scott even has on his radar yet and will take some coding to deal with, I suspect the workaround for you will be to stock your shelves with the remaining products.
Chandler Hill

+ / -

man that takes so much effort and this is WINE INC not like CAFE' INC

I may just sell my mega-cafe and supply wine over b2b if there's no other way. :(
Bill Gates
RJ: Bill Gates
CO: Bill Gates

+ / -

Total Posts: 19
Yeah I think Scott should really look at this... I usually leave petrol pumping over night, but then I come on and see that my company has decided to spend over $5m on taxes, wages etc. so I'm forced to take out a loan til I sell more petrol. I'm only a 35m NW company too. I'm essentially paying my entire days worth of profit since I rarely make over $2m a day anyway...

Apr 7, 2012
12:01 AM The company is short on cash and have taken a loan in the amount of $2,449,808.57. (Loan amount includes a 5% processing fee)

Apr 7, 2012
12:01 AM Your company paid $524,510.53 in taxes, $2,611,230.00 in salaries, $303,000.00 in building maintenance, and $0.00 in interests.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
The key would be moderating your expansion so you can keep up with maintenance, the bigger the buildings, the higher the costs.

Build several smaller buildings instead of one large etc and then expand bigger.

Gheed Baiwa ben sandara
RJ: Bob
CO: Bob

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
Yeah so we cant build 5000m2 supermarkets just to sell our 20million chickens/tick anymore. We'll just have to adapt :)
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Yeah, this is fixable stuff in terms of how you run your company. (And payroll being a big chunk of daily costs is how businesses work. That we've had a magical land of free robots until now has been nice but it doesn't make much sense economically.)

So:

1. Factor a cash balance into your daily workflow. Expand slower, manage inventory more tightly, let a reserve build up throughout the day to cover the cost of the nightly fees. This may slow growth, but it won't kill it unless you're in a totally unviable sector. If you're in a totally unviable sector, start making/selling something else.

2. Diversify your store products. Even just a little bit. Instead of selling one thing, sell four. I tried to get rich making and selling just donuts in my cafe, and it wasn't really working. I started making a few other things that were easy to fold into the same vertical, et voila: money hand over fist. You can do this without stocking a ton of stuff; even just a few core products will help.

You can improve daily revenue further by stocking opportunistically from B2B when you see a large lot of something your store can sell at a reasonable price. Grab those when you see them, price them to last a day or so if you want to favor steady revenue over maximum profit-per-tick, and you'll be seeing a pretty solid return on your store.

If at some point there's a way to run a specialized outfit, awesome. I totally respect the WE SELL WINE AND THAT'S ALL vision and would start a chain of donut carts if the game supported it. But for now, buck up and accept that dishing up some misc. impulse buys to your wine customers is smart business.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Bill Gates:
12:01 AM Your company paid $524,510.53 in taxes, $2,611,230.00 in salaries, $303,000.00 in building maintenance, and $0.00 in interests.

I'm guessing it's because you have a 3050 m^2 well, and nothing else.
If you like, I can help you separate it into 5 different ones and the salary will go down to 20% of your current salary.

I'm a little tempted to appease the masses by removing the "squared" effect of each building and instead adjust for total size and networth level, but on the 2nd thought I think I'll just stick with the current formula for at least a week. Yes, things are changing and I'm sorry if they're causing problems to you, but I'm sure there are ways to adapt.
eric scott
RJ: Erik Scott
CO: Sappo

+ / -

Total Posts: 130
So is it benefical to spread out your buildings, so to speak.

So instead of one massive 3000m building, you have 3 1000m buildings?

I am struggling to see how this is cheaper though, as 3 buildings will require much more staff to operate than 1 building, no matter the size.

Maybe I am looking at this the wrong way...
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
One thing to keep in mind is that real estate is a limited quantity in the game; you can in the long run only actually site so many stores/factories/R&D facilities ever.

If you're very niche, that may not seem like an issue -- having twelve cafes, sure! But if you have a more diversified company, you'll be using a lot of real estate just for the first of each facility you use; creating multiple distinct facilities of the same type will be a potentially hard choice when it means you can't put something ELSE in that spot as a result.
address unknown
RJ: DropsySufferer

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 32
If this were made more complex, employee salaries could be set like in capitalism 2. Employee salary would dictate the quality level or speed of stores or factory production. It would be nice to see how many employees our companies actually have.
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.