Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » 0% Horsemeat

0% Horsemeat

Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
I've been buying about 5 million bottles every 3 days and they are priced at 0.50 when I bought them. Every couple days someone posts a whole bunch for 0.50 and I buy what I can otherwise they're usually too expensive so I wait.
Marlow Brewster
RJ: Marlow Brewster
CO: Marlow Brewster

+ / -

Total Posts: 7
I also have 5 companies, 3 on the stock market. When I started the price being asked for things were out of reach, so I built vertical companies which could supply each other and only sold surplus on the market mainly electricity.
Nin Sandhu
RJ: Raskilinov
CO: Raskilinov

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
I've started to take some of the initiative and sell base products (containers/concentrates etc) at x2-3 of manufactured cost.

Many of you are spot on, the prices on B2B can be a ridiculously high.
Equally - they are that high because there will be moments when a player is desperate enough to buy at those prices. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been in that position, and paid out over the odds.

Hopefully by being honest/open via the forums; it might encourage some of the prices to come down and revive some more life into B2B.
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Hopefully. The problem is that the export/import market is broken. Pretty much everyone could be making more money selling goods on the export market than B2B (I can literally make 2x as much money selling fruit on export market than B2B), and not a single person can make money importing ANYTHING from the import market.
graham shearlaw
RJ: Graham
CO: Funk

+ / -

Total Posts: 48
Nin Sandhu if you make anything that Gas Station sell other than gas
i will buy it.
i have 9km2 to suppy and b2b is just massively over priced, Gasoline is 75$ when it cost >2$ to make.

Urist Drilling is moveing in to makeing for b2b: all Metals,Minerals,Chemicals,and Industrial items.

please mail me if you wish to order anything
Nin Sandhu
RJ: Raskilinov
CO: Raskilinov

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
I do manufacture items for Gas Stations -namely in drinks and veg.
The only surplus (at time of writing) is Wine.

Also I'm considering to retire my entire textile industry, so if folk are looking for cheap second line materials (i.e. threads) and the odd discounted products please review B2B in the next few days.

Graham: Cheers lad, Ill make a note of items I'm in need - and will contact accordingly.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I also play that way except that I have two companies. I had six before taking the break, but it got too unwieldy. time wise, to handle. I think I will stay with two, maybe two in each world.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: Kris Fallamos
CO: Chloe Blossom

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
I started up again recently, and I am glad to say that I play this game like how OP plays and that I don't partake in welfare this time around either. I've never really been that good at this game though.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Glad to see you back, Chris.

As I look at this thread a second time, I am surprised by the "only one company" part of the query. The game was never intended to be played as only one company. The whole idea was always to Grow Baby Grow. That is why there are categories for it in the Halls of Fame.

I think the Import/Export markets are one of Scott's real headaches. I was never aware of the "don't want interaction" statement. When I got here, it was just the other way around, he was looking to force interactions on the B2B by making the Import/Export virtually worthless.

I have no doubt that the closing down of the number of plots in the new update, if coupled with sufficiently high costs for adding company after company, will result in a more active B2B. Particularly if the Import market is adjusted to be a deterrent to gouging, and not a useless waste space. (I believe he has stated that is going to happen.) Nothing short of a total reset will get rid of the mega-corps and the power they will have. However, if the revival of game development brings back players, old and new, the end result will be sufficiently vibrant to mitigate them to just the old power players that any game with a life span accumulates.

I am most curious about what he is going to do with the stock market. There has been so much damage done there, both to the game and to players. (I still have litigation pending, Mr President!) If he says his rewrite will only take a week or so, he clearly has a firm idea to work with.
Christopher Fowler

+ / -

Thanks for the warm welcome Brent. I would like to have more than one company but I kind of struggle with the acquisition of funding to do so. That's why I play both Capitalism Online and Economies of Scale, or at least as of about fifteen minutes ago I now play both of them.

I would also like to see improvements to the Import/Export market and to the NPC companies who run it as well. That would be nice because I do notice that there is a lot of price gouging going on in Economies of Scale and that does make it hard for certain players.

In regards to the closing down of plots, I kind of like how Capitalism Online restricts the amount of plots you can use at the beginning. It makes more sense than having a whole lot of land from the get-go.

I think Scott said he wouldn't wipe the server for Economies of Scale but that might change. Personally I don't have much to lose but I can see how a lot of other players might get upset and quit the game if such a thing were to happen.

As for the stock market, I steer clear of that. It kind of scares me, but that might be because I'm still kind of a newbie. All I understand about it is "Buy low, sell high" and I don't think that's enough.
Norbert Lehmann
RJ: bert
CO: Bert

+ / -

Total Posts: 14
same here ,play as intended , i got more then one company though .. actualy cut back down from 9 to 5 active companies.
Now trying to figure out which buildings to keep for the migration.
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
We really need buy orders, I think the player interactivity will increase a LOT when we can start making blanket requests for things we want at a price we're willing to pay.

It's in the works based on what I read - hopefully we'll see it soon :)
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

I'm hoping development changes and the influx of players will have an effect on the mega corps. My hopes is that due to competition, they will be forced to downsize. Kind of as I have. Hopefully the mega corps with 10+ companies will be forced to sell off some of them in order to specialize certain companies to even stay afloat.
I was the only person selling 1 good, and making loads of money off of it (100% MS). Recently some semi-megacorp has jumped into that market, taking as much as 98% of the marketshare away from me due to them getting really high research and huge factories before entering the market.

This has literally fractured my income. I went from making 100,000 dollars per tic to less than 10,000. I am actually no longer able to even cover the salaries and maintenance cost of my company because of how little revenue I am now generating through my stores because of such low marketshare. Luckily I got my networth up a bit and as a result constant loans are covering those expenses. My primary company (out of 3 total) has actually dropped by close to $500,000,000 in net worth, dropping to only about $700,000,000. That is a HUGE drop.

As for the stock market, I have avoided it mostly all together. I have no plans of making my companies public in the sense of the stock market. I did buy some shares in a few companies when I first started playing, and rather than just selling them off to avoid frustration, I've sat on them to see what happens to those companies. Some companies, even while active every day, do not increase in share value at all.
dan bra
RJ: King
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 55
what is this capitalism online that everybody talks about?
Christopher Fowler

+ / -

Well you see, "Economies of Scale" is the beta server for "Capitalism Online", which in and of itself is supposed to be the "finished product" when compared to "Economies of Scale". It's the same game but with some noticeable differences, like a smaller player population and fewer markets filled as well as fewer plots available from the get-go. Any updates that "Economies of Scale" gets will eventually be rolled out to the "Capitalism Online" server.

You may find it at this url: http://www.capitalism-online.com. I myself am there as Topher West, CEO of "West Trading Company". Anyhow, I hope this helps.

You need to register or login to post a reply.