Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 341
...kinda shrinks the game itself.

definitely...

I would regret the old store system, which gave a real multiplayer dimension to the game.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
or keep the actual stores, but add the possibility to buy specialized shelves, in addition of existing... So you can still specialized, you are awared about diversity, and B2B market will remain alive.
And add tools to ease micromanagement.
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Another random way of looking at this stuff that splits the difference between monolithic store types and individual shelves:

Departments. You can build a department addition to a store for some chunk of cash x that reflects the breadth of that department's sales inventory. So instead of having a prefab Cafe store type that sells baked goods and confections and fruit beverages and coffee beverages, you could essentially build that sort of cafe out of a Baked Goods dept., a Confections dept., etc.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
It should be a percentage of the # of shelves possible in that store. Or at least a higher number for the few stores that have many items like supermarkets. Maybe 16 shelves for supermarkets and 12 for markets and any other stores that sell that many items.
Jack Park
RJ: Jack Park
CO: Cicero

+ / -

Total Posts: 19
As a simulation this game has to represent Big Box stores in it's simulation. There needs to be an advantage to both specialization and diversification. Diverse stores that sell a wide variety of products should make more profits in total, while specialized stores should have higher margins. If we put a hard limit on # of shelves than Big Box stores will not exist.

"Departments. You can build a department addition to a store for some chunk of cash x that reflects the breadth of that department's sales inventory. So instead of having a prefab Cafe store type that sells baked goods and confections and fruit beverages and coffee beverages, you could essentially build that sort of cafe out of a Baked Goods dept., a Confections dept., etc."

I like this idea. It is like the suggestion above about increasing # of shelves when you increase the square meters a store occupies. However allowing an option to just expand store selection gives us the option to add more shelf space without increasing the rate we are selling pre-existing goods. It would also allow big stores to exist in the game.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
I like those ideas but we already kinda have that now. Maybe an adjustable number of shelves can make everyone happy.
Zack WenJian
RJ: Zack
CO: Zack

+ / -

Total Posts: 114
It should be a percentage of the # of shelves possible in that store. Or at least a higher number for the few stores that have many items like supermarkets. Maybe 16 shelves for supermarkets and 12 for markets and any other stores that sell that many items.

That is a very good idea.
Jack Park
RJ: Jack Park
CO: Cicero

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 19
Well it is officially going to happen on the 16th now. All I gotta say is I'm done. I've been with this game for almost a month now, through all that shit with steve jobz and Goon. There were so many alternative methods proposed that could have accomplised the exact same goal as the hard 8 product per store limit, but the dev just decided to take the easy route. Stores with more than 8 products are the norm in real life, and I don't see why that shouldn't be the case in a business simulation game.
Jerehme Bamberger
RJ: Delton Bruton
CO: Julius Crenshaw

+ / -

Total Posts: 4
http://www.traemcneely.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/wpid-funny-gif-haters-gonn a-hate-train.gif
Edwin Quintanilla
RJ: EdqMaster
CO: Edqmaster

+ / -

Total Posts: 74
Is this one of those "Han shot first" Vs "Guido Shot first".
Previous 1 2 [3] Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.