Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Arbitrary or Inconsistent Enforcement of the "Rules".

Arbitrary or Inconsistent Enforcement of the "Rules".

Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next
John Bouton
RJ: John Bouton
CO: LOL

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 20
The designer of the game just made a post saying that his overt bias towards players makes him smile and referred to it as "sweet revenge". Good luck with ~Reasoned Discourse~.
James Grey
RJ: Dairy Aire
CO: Dairy Aire

Post Rating: 3
+ / -

Total Posts: 26
Correct me if I'm wrong but things look a bit messed up: Walter exploits the game, players point this out to admin, admin ignores saying it's fine, players carry out the same exploit to force the point and the admin isn't happy and as punishment decides to not punish the original exploiter?
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 81
RJ: "You mean I'd actually ignore it if someone simply sent me a bug report stating they can gain billions in an hour and wreck the B2B with it?"

thats exactly what everyone is saying, it had been talked about way before this weekend in the forums. A company consisting of nothing but cash can repeatedly issue new shares and build more cash while the stock price skyrockets... Prophet Empire was repeatedly shown to be doing this.

I'm not trying to make profit empire out to be a bad guy, it was a great tool to show the exploit and was revealed on the forums as a bug.
Sean Wright
RJ: Mr. Wright
CO: Sean Wright

Post Rating: 193
+ / -

Total Posts: 32
@RATAN/SCOTT and everyone seems to be missing the whole point of this! There is no reason to punish anyone in a beta for uncovering a bug. Once it has been uncovered, it should have been moved to the "fix" list. Until it was fixed, any further use of this bug whether it was the person who found it or someone else should have resulted in some form of disciplinary action. Had Walter been punished for his continued use of the exploit similar to the way Howard Roark was there wouldn't have been this massive problem.

Ratan fix the game. Use the Supreme Court and create an SEC to handle disciplinary actions. Exploits are going to happen whether or not the game is in "beta". The rules and disciplinary actions need to be fair and consistent.

Great job punishing the disrupters, but leaving Walter to go free when he clearly used the exploit many times after it was reported alienates those who play the game fairly and causes unrest. The responsible thing to do is jail Walter and fine him the way you did Howard Roark. Maybe not give him life since he helped point the bug out and that is the whole idea about beta. But he deserves to be punished. You owe it to the people who play your game to be as fair as possible. Otherwise, you will lose players because it appears that you are playing favorites.

I want this game to succeed as it is incredibly fun. Also, just like in real life sometimes it is fun to try to get away with things. People will always try to exploit, look at Enron. So use that as part of the game. Use your Supreme Court for people to file complaints/lawsuits. Create an SEC so you can hand off looking through logs to figure out who needs to be punished and by how much. And YOU work on that really long list. I think your game is great and you are great at listening to people and trying to make it better. But you don't have time to play peacemaker too.

Thank you for all your hard work. I know you have your hands full and sometimes you wonder why you do this when all people do is whine and exploit the system. But you have a great game! I love it. So I thought you should hear a thank you!
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Post Rating: 20
+ / -

Total Posts: 108
You mean I'd actually ignore it if someone simply sent me a bug report stating they can gain billions in an hour and wreck the B2B with it?

Maybe you missed his FORUM THREAD. Here, let me link you.

http://www.ratjoy.com/forum/topic/prophet-empire-stock-update/
George Melons
RJ: Albert Rubin

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 13
Oh hey, people are actually bothering with this. Good job fellas. Let me take it from here.

First of all, let's just state I logged on to check back on whenever I'm still jailed for life. Last time such a thing happened - with my CEO before the jobs upgrade - I sent a PM to Ratan and everything was dandy. Moving on now.

I'm not really surprised that Scott got mad over this. He's got a schedule and all that stuff that we'll never really get to see because it's a mysterious Econosian state secret and despite the fact how he claims he won't change it under pressure from exploiters, I sure as hell can't see if he isn't stealthily moving bullet points around.

Secondly, Morgan, chill. I'm sure you can point out your rightfulness if you stop being so passive-aggressive or further than that.

And finally, let's just say - I sure as hell abused the system! Can't deny that. But hey, my main production company, on which I blew a good G after a few weeks of working with it is making me 20M, maybe 30M a day, while retailers who got in four days ago are making big bucks botting, and megacorps making billions outta stock exploits, the hell 'ya expect? I used a bot myself, too, but since I were apparently raping the server's bandwidth and people's company logs I stopped, putting myself back at square one. And you can't deny I tried - stocks, B2B, you name it, prospecting everywhere to make that extra buck. One day, I took up the 150k of daily welfare, took it to the stock market, and walked away with 6M to my name. And that was just riding the market fluctuations. And now? The only halfway decent reason I'm punished is that Scott declared a great crackdown on screwing around with markets for fun and profit, effectively ruining the appeal the game had for me - a no holds barred match, where the last one standing gets the cash. Plus, can you blame me for putting up that elec for five buck a piece with an empty market and no way to import? It's how that kind of thing works around here, you should know best~

Now that I wrote that, feel free to upvote, downvote, what will you. I've said my part. George Melons/Albert Rubin signing off.
Michael Tsui
RJ: Reisen
CO: Reisen Udongein Inaba

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
Its not even the lack of punishment - but the lack of acknowledgement. This makes others go up notches in scale in order to drive the point home.

A simple notice of "I know this, I'll fix this, but no more using of this exploit" would avoid all this mess.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
The issuing new shares was suspended since yesterday, but still the stores need to be fixed first so the game can continue to run smoothly.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but the issue was acknowledged since we reached 200 players:

http://www.ratjoy.com/forum/topic/explanation-on-mechanism-of-stock-market/
eric scott
RJ: Erik Scott
CO: Sappo

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 130
Just let me jump in here real quick.

We have some Goons playing (the obvious give away being...) To assume that a bug in this beta version will not be discovered and blatantly exploited to its maximum tear-bringing potentional by said Goons is silly.

You know how in public school one kid would find your most hated fear, and then let EVERYONE know so they could pile on and help build your mental dismay?

That's what they do... they have a thread on their forums and are absolutely overjoyed at watching you guys get up in arms.

Just sayin'

Scott (Admin)

Post Rating: -7
+ / -

Well, I was there earlier today, and matched up some of the "active" people as the perm-jailed ones, did wonders for my mood.

But as always, although I do not agree entirely with all of the comments, I appreciate some people's input, including Senso.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

Post Rating: 19
+ / -

Total Posts: 214
"Well, I was there earlier today, and matched up some of the "active" people as the perm-jailed ones, did wonders for my mood"

Are you for real? I understand being upset but come on. You're acting like a child.
Scott (Admin)

Post Rating: 16
+ / -

I don't see any reason not to feel honest.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
How about your pride and self respect?

Be above this dude.
Balon Swann
RJ: Balon Swann
CO: Balon Swann

Post Rating: 156
+ / -

Total Posts: 19
Aww poor goons are butthurt and need to cry now:-( poor babies.

"everyone seems to be missing the whole point of this! There is no reason to punish anyone in a beta for uncovering a bug. Once it has been uncovered, it should have been moved to the "fix" list. Until it was fixed, any further use of this bug whether it was the person who found it or someone else should have resulted in some form of disciplinary action. Had Walter been punished for his continued use of the exploit similar to the way Howard Roark was there wouldn't have been this massive problem."
It seems like YOU are missing the point. It was the not exploitation of the stock issue bug that caused problems, it was the b2b buyout after that did it. Getting a single company super rich doesn't break anything for anyone else; getting a company super rich then buying out the b2b with it does, though.
Stop pretending like this was some sort of 'positive' act. It was a malicious act plain and simple. Oh, and cry more.
A J
RJ: amanbearpig
CO: aManBearPig

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 54
I posted this in the other thread, but it seems suited here as well.
How is buying out the b2b wrong? I am not a "goon" nor affiliated with them in any way, and I certainly agree they did not act in the best manner, but purchasing items for sale on the b2b - even if purchasing everything - should be a person/company's right. The items are put up for sale for people to buy them, not to sit there to be doled out equally.

If there was money laundering involved, then yes that is wrong and should be punished. Buying out the b2b? I don't think so.

Regarding the whole stock market fiasco...I have mixed feelings myself. I had been keeping up with the forum thread on PROPHET, and I personally don't understand the difference between what he did, and what the "goons" did, and ergo their respective punishments, other than scale (and, as mentioned, any possible money laundering).

I too saw Scott say that there was 'nothing he could do' about Prophet...Makes it hard for me to look too harshly on anyone abusing the stock market in the same way. *shrug*
Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments.