Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Can I Have Loads Of Free Research, Too?

Can I Have Loads Of Free Research, Too?

Previous [1] 2 3 4 Next
Herb Derpman
RJ: Herb Derpman
CO: Herb Derpman

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 35
http://www.ratjoy.com/eos/firm/4705

This company has been around for less than a day, but has level 30 research in multiple automobile related products, how is that possible?

I don't mind a little admin favoritism, but 30 research in a whole line of products is pretty huge, even if it was gifted by aliens. =-x
eran haas
RJ: Saint Sorryass
CO: Saint Sorryass

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 12
You can pay to outsource your research.
Herb Derpman
RJ: Herb Derpman
CO: Herb Derpman

+ / -

Total Posts: 35
I'm a little surprised at the lack of caring about this, but if it's okay with people, or you want to believe that the owner with $100M net worth actually paid to outsource -at least- three technologies to level 30 instead of receiving them for free from "friendly aliens," then /shrug... not much I can do.

(Hint: The alien references are because in their news it said they received the technology from friendly aliens. I guess it's possible this is a random event? But I highly doubt it since the company hasn't even been around long enough for a 3am update. I know about the news item because this is a community run company with a public thread(in another online community) that they use to discuss it.)
eran haas
RJ: Saint Sorryass
CO: Saint Sorryass

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 12
Huh, I was not aware of the aliens....

Perhaps someone spending a whole lot of influence?
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
That is pretty odd... can I build something to attract aliens to my business?
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Perhaps another community fortress similar to that would attract the alien's attention?

Pull yourself up by the bootstraps and not take 'free money' from other players while still paying the salary of multiple players at the end of the day. It'll still be awhile yet before they can even fully utilize that tech anyways.
Sarah Palin
RJ: Vampire Sarah Palin

Post Rating: 3
+ / -

Total Posts: 7
God rightly saw that these entrepenurs were going to do great things and decided to invest in them. I know this because God told me. I don't know where this alien business started, probably from some misguided atheists. Everyone knows aliens are make believe.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Oh, the aliens gave Q30 instead of Q10 because they can read my mind.

I've decided to cheat a little bit and put off the community voted to-do list in favor of adding a "minor change" that was on my personal to-do list: allow companies to "update" to world average tech at a minor fee.
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
And how does that work? The price for outsourcing research at under world average tech was lowered?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

No, you'll get new "research" functions at different $ costs to do:
1. (Very cheap) Bring it to 30% of world average research level
2. (Somewhat cheap) 40%
3. (Expensive) 50%

No higher than 50%, after the change new research/outsource costs will be increased/decreased based on the average quality. So if you're only a few levels ahead of the average, you won't need to pay much more, but being 30 levels ahead comes at a premium. Of course, I'll also have to change the company networth / sales value to reflect the updated tech prices.
Harold Holt
RJ: Harold Holt

+ / -

Total Posts: 28
How is the average derived? Average tech level of all companies, average tech level of all companies with at least 1 point in research? Average tech products sold in stores?
Can you give us a few examples of current averages?
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
I don't know how it is calculated, but I think you can check current average with statistic tables in EOSpedia.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I am all for innovation, but this makes absolutely no sense to me at all. What is the reasoning behind it? If I may be so bold as to ask...
Weicong Sng
RJ: Park Min Young
CO: Psychotic Nutcase

+ / -

Total Posts: 59
so where is the function whereby I can shortcut my way through the R&D? =.=
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Not there yet, average will be total quality / total companies.

The reason? When I played Cap Plus and computer players just randomly came up with all those techs I researched... I got mad, but it does makes the game more interesting and give newer business a chances to compete.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I just did an average.. it didn't look good -> the highest average is quality 4 :-(

So I'll use the max as a factor also.
Previous [1] 2 3 4 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.