Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Erving's Idea - Multiple Products in Stores

Erving's Idea - Multiple Products in Stores

Garry Hurst
RJ: jackosbournelookalike
CO: jackosbournelookalike

Post Rating: 33
+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Specific Quality Ideas:

1. Higher Quality changes algorithm, therefore sales for q50 are 3 times as fast as sales for q15

2. Higher quality products must be sold in higher quality market

3. average quality of products of same type in storage are added together and speed is determined.

4. select products from market screen by quality
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Ok, I think dani is right, we do need a chat.

My response to your last post:

1. Higher Quality changes algorithm, therefore sales for q50 are 3 times as fast as sales for q15
--Already is a factor, but I guess I will make it stronger.

2. Higher quality products must be sold in higher quality market
--I really don't want to go this way unless everyone wants this. I believe higher quality products MAKE a higher quality market.

3. average quality of products of same type in storage are added together and speed is determined.
--Good idea, but then after obtaining the result, will each quality of the product be sold proportionally? If not then the formula won't make sense. If it is, then we may have a problem of "quantity = 1 products" never getting sold, because <100% of 1 = 0.

4. select products from market screen by quality
Please elaborate.
Garry Hurst

Post Rating: 16
+ / -

point 3. could have say less then five of quality left out?

point 4. when you click on say apple, user selects wich quality of apples to list on sale

so we choose a price, a quality, and we can either sale multiple qualities at different prices, ideal but server heavy, or we can sell only one quality of each product at one time.

Also my idea of higher quality markets can sell less products but faster would that help with server load or hurt?
Scott (Admin)

Post Rating: 15
+ / -

It's more stuff, so you know which way it's going.

But I've thought about this and my take is: sales is also based on past sales - this is to say if you completely own the market (like Micro$oft), then even if you raise your product price sky high people are still going to buy it.

Since higher quality leads to higher prices OR higher sales at regular price, by default it will raise your market share, and thus in another way make your store a "higher quality store"
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

More on point 3, since we're going to use the average quality, that means you do support just setting 1 price for all qualities of a product?

My alternative is to allow the user to set a different price on each quality of a product through the quality selection page, I believe this is also what you mean by your point 4. Only problem is it will demand a much much more complicated formula for point 3.

After realizing we can set the price using "quality selection", I actually turned to support multiple price policy (since it won't make the warehouse interface bloated). Only problem is I might have to lose another night's sleep thinking about that equation for 3.

Current status: Thinking about this equation...
Garry Hurst

+ / -

My preference is : each quality has it's own price, set by user

either way you choose to go will work though, so I am pro extra equations, however I understand that you can't just come up with loads of equations instantly, I leave it to you and anyone else who chooses to comment.

the pros are:

1. Encourages upgrading research
2. better income
3. more choices

the cons are:

1. More coding :(
2. Server load?
3. Math ugggg
4. database impact?

Also love the market share idea the more you sell the more your sales price doesn't matter :D excellent, love the fact we can list on the stock exchange as well.

another thought, can stock price, sales, volume affect market sales? and could it be that some products can only be sold on B2B?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I just grabbed a piece of paper and started writing (haven't done this in too long), but it came to a surprise:

The equation is FREAKING EASY after I simplified a few things.. so now

I HAVE THE EQUATION!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Oh wait, not the whole thing... I still have to deal with the situation where N_Q1 < N_Q1_TO_BE_SOLD (same goes for Q2, Q3, ...)
Garry Hurst

Post Rating: 47
+ / -

Kudos!

Ahhh the power of a pen, lol
Scott (Admin)

Post Rating: 13
+ / -

Figured out how to do the second part using a recursive function, but the solution won't be completely accurate one way or the other, so I'll just make the equation favor the higher Q when such a case happens.

EDIT: Actually just thought of another exception. As final decision I will make the equation favor the highest quantity in the warehouse. This way there can be no more exceptions.
Erving Maxwell
RJ: Erving Maxwell

+ / -

Total Posts: 25
About quality, maybe treat it as a supply/demand issue. People who just want to eat will buy lower quality oranges, but rich people will have more discriminating taste and shill out more dough for fancy oranges.

If everyone else is selling cheap oranges, you would get a bonus selling better oranges to the higher end of the market that isn't being satisfied.
Scott (Admin)

Post Rating: 12
+ / -

I think the equation already takes care of some aspects of it by using the "average past price" in the new model. And for your point I may introduce another variable called "average past quality" at another time, but definitely NOT checking for each quality and see what's missing. At the moment I'm trying to implement the "sell everything" model, but I think it'll take another day - the code is giving me trouble
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Any feedback on the new store? Besides seeing your fruits replaced with candies?

[EDIT:]
Thanks guys (and gals), I really like the way the new stores work, feels much more interesting. I've already updated the system to log product qualities as well, so they will go into the equation in a few days. Time to Zzz... good night.
Garry Hurst

+ / -

I was selling a lot faster before, now no matter what I do I only make around 1k/15 mins :( of course I know you will change interface later so no problems there, however waiting 15 mins for the cash is too much, maybe 3-5 mins..... or every time you click on product update sale like before, also it is very difficult to enter the price you wish to sell for as it instantly defaults to 5 cents if you delete the number, maybe if you just had it to where you clicked ok on something to change the price? also is sales speed devided between number of products listed? also if you have 4 different types of stores you don't seem to gain anymore then if you had just one store.
John Smith
RJ: gummiworms
CO: Gummiworms

+ / -

Total Posts: 3
ATM, I don't really like the new store. I preferred to timer method to this new tick based. While I think the inclusion of the whole global market is cool, and perhaps if there is a greater influence of the global market on prices and timers I think that would provide a better system. As it stands now it feels like nothing in my store is selling, and each tick I'm making practically nothing compared to the previous timer method. I think the timer should come back but keep this idea of the global market effecting things like prices, so if a lot of people are selling apples, even if you have high quality apple, you would need to sell them a little cheaper because the market is so saturated. Just my thoughts
Garry Hurst

+ / -

Thank you for posting John, and I know it's a long read, but if you read all the other entries in the forum pages, and some in the game news, this interface is temporary, I am 99% sure, some 1 needs to be changed to a 5 somewhere, this is the first formula he's tried for the new store system, I however do agree, I should be able to watch them sell as before, see my projected income/time to sell and gain deposits from clicking the screen for each item on sale, also I noticed, multiple markets sell around the same amount as one and there is almost no regard to market m2 size, a 126m2 market nets me 1k from apples at .75 cents in 15 mins, previously I net at 120m2 4-6k in around 3-5 mins.

[EDIT]
interestingly enough if I am right then it's actually a * that needs to be a +
if I am wrong who knows?

You need to register or login to post a reply.