I'm done

Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 5
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
And 50000 users are not that big for such a ( good ) game.

I find that most game sites grossly over-state their player base. Grossly. And I have yet to find a game site that could even begin to convince me they have a solid 5000 players, let alone 50,000. Scott was worried because he hit 500 players in a couple of days. But last I checked the front page, there is already a decrease to 400 and change.
Nuff said on that.

I could also live with more limited shelves, if the stores could carry independent inventories. I don't like it, but I could live with it. I really would like to see a combing of the product lines in each store first, though.

I am getting annoyed with the idea that starting a new company somehow solves a problem, any problem. To be honest, I think the real downside to this major change is impending shear boredom due to a newly developed lack of breadth. Starting a new company won't change that, it will exacerbate it. There are already comments simmering up about what to do with sudden excess cash in the hands of more seasoned players. (I would lobby for a "collectibles" set of items that would give the owners big-time fame, and the fame become the ultimate scoring mechanism, but that is another issue entirely.)

On the flip side, however is the above idea of limiting the companies a player could have. There may be something in that, but it doesn't feel right, either. So I don't know how to approach it.

One thing that strikes me from the above, and that I spent most of my evening at work contemplating as well, is the notion of a less forgiving demand. I think that is a step in the right direction of creating more balance with a limited shelf space. But It could get draconian if over-played. And over-playing is an issue here. The problem is still going to be that established players are going to corner the best products for market share, and newer players will have to struggle through with the less profitable ones. So perhaps a combination of less forgiving demand on high saturation, and a much more profitable demand on very low saturation would help create more profitability... for a while, anyway.

I have to stop posting after taking my meds. :(
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 341
Just to go back on Scott sentence, because I find it key :

A perfect system in my mind would be to encourage player interaction, but not force them to interact to survive.

From my ( quite long ) gaming experience, most players are focused on winning, and will take the shortest path to reach this goal, even if it's the less fun. Saying it more straightly : they are ready to destroy their fun to be able to win, and then they will finally stop to play saying that the game is crap when they reached their objectiv. This is just how most of the humans behave, really, there are tons of examples in many games.

Forcing people to have fun is maybe silly to read, but as gamedesigner, this should be your primary goal. Old system was ( really ) painfull regarding micromanagement but forced all players to interact with each others, and selling some goods to player community is infinitely more fun than selling to IA, I guess you would agree with that.
With the old system you forced people to have fun.

@Brent Goode :
Today, this game doesnt have any visibility in the internet, at all.
I spent really hours to just find it, after wasting my time on searching and trying all similar games were unfortunately credit card is key to win. I am paying all the browser games I play, but I play only browser game where my credit card doesnt give my any advantage against non-paying users.
Just try to find this game using google, unless typing "Economies of Scale" ( which mean that obviously you already know the game ), it's quite impossible...

50 000 users is not that big today for a good browser game, even if, you are right, the number itself doesnt have any meaning, as a big part of them could be inactiv...
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
Hey bob out of curiosity do you play any other good economic type sim games? They are tough to find, I found this one by chance.
Bob Malone

+ / -

I spent many hours to find similar games but I am playing only EoS today.

According to my research, if you remove "pay to win" games, "rounds game" ( the world is reset every x weeks ), too basic or crap games, there is only one remaining : Economies of Scale.

( Maybe one is worth to try : Virtonomics with the susbcription-based world, but around 100 $ per year to play with equal chance is really excessiv for a browser game. )

J Atkinson
RJ: Tom Cook

+ / -

Total Posts: 36
What a bloody shame!
I 'somehow' found this internet game that was MORE than just "quite interesting" and had the opportunity to 'build' an empire.... it was called Economies of Scale. You could buy right and sell right... there were a multitude of products to source out and sell.... a multiple ability to grow and manufacture my OWN products cheaply and then sell at the TOP DOLLAR. To rise higher in Net Worth everyday.... I started the game and played for about a week and then deleted it to start a NEW company as I had 'sort of figured it out'..... and then got stuck into it full stop! Hell I was just about ready to CAN the other games I played cause EoS was time comsumming yet so damn addictive! It was probably one of the BEST games I've played on the internet since first 'clicking into it' fifteen years ago (and I've started and played a good number!)
BUT....... JUST as I got the 'feel' for the game.... got the 'BUG"... it changed so dramatically.... it became JUST ANOTHER BROWSER GAME that one sees in every game search.
I'll stick with EoS for a few more days, but I think it's lost its 'edge'. Really NO REASON to keep checking in to see my profits, product levels, low prices as I see it.
Hell! I'd even PAY a nominal fee to have kept it the way it was and Im sure others would have too. No one expects something so good for free now-a-days.
What a bloody shame.

:(
Ham Bunny
RJ: Hambunny

+ / -

Total Posts: 12
I am changing my whole business model from a agricultural producer to an aircraft/water craft manufacturer because of the changes made to the stores. Will see how it goes from there but honestly speaking I am losing interest in the game :(
Phil Johnson
RJ: Phil Johnson
CO: Phil Johnson

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
is it just me or is it really hard to get any B2B items latley? there is just none for anything am trying to sell i have to import everything i mayswell just be playing this game on my own
Urist McDwarf
RJ: Eden smith
CO: Eden smith

+ / -

Total Posts: 7
Combining land would solve the problem of companies being both Primary and Secondary industries.
The only reason i built stores was because the land was there and i had money. If i could of built more farms there i would of.

By getting some people to focus on producing and some on selling the game would become much more sensible.Getting the Tertiary sector into the game would be cool as well, people running hotels and such.

Direct trading between companies would be nice, so that say a fruit producer and a super market could link up and form a trading partnership where one sells to the other. The super market never risks being low on stock and the fruit maker is never short a customer.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
Phil Ive noticed too. I think this was a kind of obvious side effect to the change. If this is the way the stores are gonna stay we absolutley need to be able to import/export anything we need
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Or convince other players to sell on the B2B at the extortionist.. I mean 'Made in Econosia' price you are willing to pay.
Damjan Viskovic
RJ: Branko Uvodic
CO: Branko Uvodic

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
Feeling kinda sad but I don't enjoy this game anymore...
I do understand there are limitations, but killing gameplay wont fix anything.
You guys have fun, I'm off. There are better things in life then trying to beat the system.
Anna Banana
RJ: Sue MacLean
CO: Sue MacLean

Post Rating: 5
+ / -

Total Posts: 19
Now that we've actually had a bit of time with the change, I can't see why it's the end of the world. I actually much prefer 8 shelves and totally understand the scaling issues, but I am also now more cautious about sharing my whole piles of certain items on the b2b, because I know how well they sell in stores at the moment.

I'm not looking at anyone in particular, but Im kind of surprised by the amount of people unwilling to let Ratan even try something out. At this point we all know that this game is more or less a sandbox for the 'real' one, and he is letting us in on decisions we wouldn't normally get to even hear about, let alone contribute to.

There's nothing to get all emotional about. Let's try some stuff. Then, without exaggerating, review changes as they come. If we're going to do it the other way we might as well just find everyone willing to be angry or sulky or loud and let them make up the game right now.
Simon Årby
RJ: Lommerusk

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
Yea I'm out. New stores are lame.
Bob Malone

+ / -

Personnaly, my feeling doesnt change : the previous store system was painfull to restock but it required B2B Market so players interactions... The new store system require less micromanagement in most of the cases, but it may severaly damage B2B market so player interactions.

Maybe there could be an acceptable tradeoff between old and new system... I don't know...

For above, saying only "new store are lame" is pretty useless, please detail what you think is negativ and what you would like to change...
David McDonough
RJ: AutoMcBeeziness
CO: AutoMcBeeziness

+ / -

Total Posts: 6
well, I've cut my products down to 8 that I can reasonably produce. I've no reason to hit up b2b anymore. I feel that part of the game is lost.
Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.