Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » What did that last \'fix\' do exactly?

What did that last \'fix\' do exactly?

Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 341
10 % is not that hefty if you consider how much the sales are / will be reduced.
about 50 % demand met I was talking about the 4 hot food products I am ( was ) focusing today.
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

+ / -

Total Posts: 142
@Bob: I'm looking at the product charts and I'm not seeing my food courts touching the hot food products. You're still at 50% demand on your rotisserie chickens (which you retail for $75 but B2B for $100, nice one). I still see products with ZERO sales on the food court list so maybe I'm not following.
Chris Engle
RJ: Chris Engle
CO: Chris Engle

+ / -

Total Posts: 3
Well good think I was making most of the automobiles I was selling, this means i can put cars/van onto B2B to make up for slower store sales.
Bruce Wayne
RJ: Bruce Wayne
CO: Bruce Wayne

+ / -

Total Posts: 37
My boat company may still be viable after all. I think the main effect of this change is speed of sales, going to need wait until tonight to know for sure if I'll need to switch businesses.

Why would starting a power company be a bad idea anyway? Everyone needs it and there are few suppliers. I'm guessing the demand right now isn't worth the cost?
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
The problem with power is that it sells so cheap. I'm not quite sure why people undercut each other so fast on power, but you may notice that power tends to be at or below wholesale value. Which means you don't make a whole lot of money. Profit tends to get sliced down to a few cents per unit, so even if you sell a hundred million or more units a day you aren't making all that much after the maintenance and wages.
Eric Ewing
RJ: Peebles
CO: Peebles

+ / -

Total Posts: 16
Bumper sticker seen recently in Econosia: "I survived the BallC nerf!"

Yep, the recent change seemed to be directed at one person, and he's the one who is complaining the least. Sure, the rest of us took a hit, too, but not really enough to knock us out of an industry. My hardware and industrial stores are hurting, but the timing is right. Real life today today isn't giving me time to babysit my stock levels. No sales means no micromanagement.

As long as you're having fun, you're winning!

Peebles
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
EoS is typically a "the more you win, the more you win" game, so by nerfing everyone, the ladder is unchanged.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Well, he already made an enormous amount of money out of aircraft before pulling out of it - and he had enough cash and influence to create three other companies that are larger than any other company in the game right now. I expect he'll be occupying the top three slots in companies all by himself tomorrow.

I don't think that's anything to complain about. If anything it has just secured his position as #1, since the change made everyone make less money after he's already made nearly double the money of anyone else.
Bruce Wayne
RJ: Bruce Wayne
CO: Bruce Wayne

+ / -

Total Posts: 37
He's played by the rules it's easy to pick a scapegoat.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
I don't begrudge him. If anything tip of the hat to him for being nimble and moving his wealth to where he thinks he can makes the most. He could be whining and protesting until finally exploding with a b2b melt down frenzy as all too many have done. Instead he rolled with the punches kept his socks dry and is coming out on his feet without even mussing his hair.

Bravo!
David Archer

+ / -

MY AIRCRAFT AREN'T SELLING! WHY?????

/RAGEQUIT

:)
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Well, I have watched the demand go up, the units in demand go up, my prices have gone down, my store has gotten a (little) bit bigger, my advertising went up, and I can't sell a boat in a full 24 hour period. Just once I would like to see a tweak that didn't go over like a freaking sledgehammer on a mosquito. I am so confused by this game at this point that what fun was ever there is just gone. I think I will be following very soon.
A special thanks to those that have been kind enough to compliment my news stories. I am glad I could entertain you a little bit while I was here.
David Archer

+ / -

Yeh, I'd love to see what the new sales formula is and see how many ticks it takes for, say, a 500m^2 watercraft store to sell a power cruiser. From my calculations on aircraft, with a 500m^2 broker and ~100% advertising, it would take 150 ticks (1.5 days) for me to sell one imported business jet (BEFORE the import price doubled so $24M -- it's even worse due to the import ratios being 20x now for aircraft). That's terribly low ROI for $75M+ worth of capital. I can only guess that this means aircraft/watercraft are not feasible until you can produce them yourself which means you're looking at several hundred million dollars to even get into the business.

Not to mention that the "fix" that was supposed to affect high-end products actually reduced sales across the board.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Which is kinda bad as we want more people to do low ends, not even less.

If this keeps up no one will produce food, and why would they, I can barely cover daily costs now producing base products...
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
I'm not seeing all that much difference in what I am selling. I don't seem to be catching up either but it may be still a little soon to tell.

You need to register or login to post a reply.