Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » What did that last \'fix\' do exactly?

What did that last \'fix\' do exactly?

Previous [1] 2 3 Next
Dan Laurence
RJ: Sourpuss
CO: Sourpuss

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 49
...because it feels like a flat 50% revenue decrease for all my stores. Even blankets :(.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I don't know, but it came right after I jumped to a high profit industry, trying to "learn" from the "successful" players. I can't win for trying in this stupid game. I fell like a yo-yo, just getting yanked up and down. All I have learned is that it is best to be the victim of a mistake.
Besides, it isn't like the "damage" wasn't already done.

Anyway, thanks, I guess, for trying to do something positive.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 146
ALL my food products are BARELY selling now, the sales appear to have literally been NUKED!

None of that can be considered high profit industry!
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

+ / -

Total Posts: 142
Aircraft profits dropped dramatically. I've exited the market. No sense keeping $60-75M+ in an aircraft broker and inventory when it's projected to make me only $15M a day flipping imports (150 ticks to sell a business jet for $24M profit)? Yeah, no thanks.

Not sure I'm following the complaints though. Sports took a 20%-ish clip in retail sales. It should be way less if you're pricing stuff at 2x lazy. If you're gouging the robocitizens, well, you're "high priced" for your product, right?

In any case, RJ said it was supposed to happen with the store shelf change.

EDIT: Wow -- in addition to killing the sales rate, RJ also jacked up the import ratio on aircraft to 20x (for comparison, fruit which has the "newbie tariff" is 15x). REALLY glad I liquidated when I did.
Bruce Wayne
RJ: Bruce Wayne
CO: Bruce Wayne

+ / -

Total Posts: 37
I'll need to wait a day to see the full effect but so far my business is selling at about the same rate. Hopefully this is just a speed bump, otherwise we need it explicitly defined what constitutes high end products and what does not.

David Archer

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Well, I just built 6000m^2 of retail space tonight so I think everyone across the board is going to see a "softening" of the nerf due to increased demand.
Bruce Wayne
RJ: Bruce Wayne
CO: Bruce Wayne

+ / -

Total Posts: 37
This has already broken my boat company it appears. It's a shame as I had planned to start making my own boats in the next week. I have 50 million to go into another business when I sell the buildings. I'm thinking hardware when I get back later from work I'll decide. I'd start a power company but I know you're in that ballC and it would be impossible to compete. Still maybe power as everyone needs it right now.
David Archer

+ / -

No, I'm not in the power business anymore. I still have a stockpile of electricity that I'm selling on B2B but I don't expect it to last long (maybe a day or so). Why do you say you can't compete? You're going to have competition in almost every market that you go into but there's room enough for more than 1 player per market.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I don't know what world you are playing in, but when someone can walk in and drop a 6000m2 building into a new market, there isn't enough room to compete. Will it up demand? In theory. But given how stingy the new formulas have been, I doubt it will be more than enough to cover your own sales needs. Out of curiosity, how many m2 did you replace with the new megastrocity?
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Wish I had been the one to go into aircraft early on. Pulling 150+ million profit out of that market, in combination with the many thousands of influence you have, will allow you to take pretty much any market you want by storm.

I've been doing pretty good with my electronics and apparel business and it has netted me the #2 spot for net worth, but it pales in comparison to that. And with the sales tweak I doubt anyone will ever catch up to you.

Congrats on winning the #1 slot BallC. I hope you don't dominate apparel too much, leave room for the other industry giant with 1/2 your store space ;)
David Archer

+ / -

@BB: I built 2 x 3000m^2 buildings in two separate markets (apparel and food courts). I'm mostly just reselling imports though so you can buy product from the same supplier and sell for the same price and you'll get a cut of the available market share in proportion to your store size. Just push your profits from that into more store space. You can instabuild up to 1500m^2 of retail on your initial plots and then for a $1M unlock on the next retail plot, you can push it to 2000m^2.

Or you could see this as an opportunity to get into apparel and/or food manufacturing. I've stated here time and again that I'm not doing much manufacturing/production and I prefer to source most of my stuff from B2B (as long as it's a better deal than imports). Those big new retail stores need product to put on the shelves.

@Cian: Timing is everything. I'm just glad I didn't keep much/any inventory. I had to sell my last jet for $36M ("only" 1.5x cost instead of 2x) just so I could liquidate before the daily cutover to avoid losing a huge chunk of capital to the tax man (and I could just put it on my credit card instead).

The unannounced jump in import ratio pricing on aircraft to 20x was specifically targeted at me in addition to the sales nerf that hurt everyone in mid-to-high end products. My new balance is 2 "low end" companies (food courts and farm markets) and 2 "medium" companies (sports and apparel). I'm just glad I looked at my profitability numbers after the "fix" and didn't get caught in RJ's "double-nerf" trap.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
always a pleasure to see a 3k building popping from nowhere in a very small market you were alone before.
David Archer

+ / -

@Bob: Maybe because you were "alone" in the market before and it looked profitable? Isn't that the way it's supposed to work? Looking at your company, I'm assuming your talking about the "Hot Food" market which is at like 20% demand met. Don't worry though, it'll take a little while for me to ramp up hot food production since those products aren't importable. If you overbuilt production and not retail, feel free to sell me some products on B2B.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
50k$ / tick is not really awesome, so beeing "alone" is easily explainable. ( and we are already at 50 % demand met ).
But great I have at least 24h before finding a new business :/
A J
RJ: amanbearpig
CO: aManBearPig

+ / -

Total Posts: 54
BallC your 3000m2 of food court completely destroyed my sales. My price is less than the WASP but yet my sales are 10% what they were a day ago....
David Archer

+ / -

@Bob: 50% demand met? I'm showing a total market value of $14M for hot food with sales of only $2M. Maybe you're looking at just one particular product. In any case, switching markets has a hefty fee (10% to sell the buildings). Might just want to ride it out for a day or so and see how things stabilize with the new sales "fix".

@AJ: Somehow I doubt that. Everyone's sales took a hit with the emergency fix, not just high-end products.
Previous [1] 2 3 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.