RJ Cooperative Group

Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next
Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 94
@ Nick: is w/h value the same for all players on RJ (if RJ is test server; sorry - I keep forgetting.)? In other words, is w/h value the same for all players who build the same structure, regardless of size, and pay more or less the same for electricity , water, natural gas, & etc.

Because we both agree: prices on B2B market are well above 150%, and most often are mid-range quality, at best. Definitely not in the spirit of EOS, which seeks to simulate real world business deals.

As for what I would love to BUY -- textiles for apparel items. High quality cotton, polyester thread, woolen yarn, nylon thread, silk thread, leather, artificial leather. Please feel free to IGM me with what you can offer.

I've got only two companies : rather , I've got companies focused on two sectors: apparel and office supplies. So I cannot easily help out players in entirely different industry sectors.

but if I get rich enough, I'll be happy to start a new company to provide raw needs of players in an industry sector other than office supplies or apparels.
shark laser
RJ: Prince Mubune of Nigeria
CO: Semmi

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
From what has been listed and I can easily supply are electricity and wool yarn.
The wool yarn is not exactly the highest quality (in the 70s or so) but will be improving rather quickly.

I'm looking for a supplier of wood.
Jurry Hart
RJ: jurry
CO: Jurre

+ / -

Total Posts: 78
I can provide small batches of wood Q100 as I'm still expanding wood production.

I can also provide nylon & polyester thread and artificial aeather
shark laser
RJ: Prince Mubune of Nigeria
CO: Semmi

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
I do not necessarily need wood /now/ - my use of it amounts to 3-7 million per week, so feel free to expand it as you wish. I still have a reasonably large supply from one of my bulk deals.
Keep a small supply of artificial leather, though. I might find myself expanding in that direction soon~
Jurry Hart
RJ: jurry
CO: Jurre

+ / -

Total Posts: 78
I have artificial leather production @ Q99 with a current production rate of 90M/week
Nick Sirock
RJ: Sam Sirock
CO: Nick Sirock

+ / -

Total Posts: 51
Anything on my company pages that has a reasonably high level of research, I probably can make and send to people. As for the warehouse value theres some thread on here that had a plugin for displaying the warehouse value of your products on your warehouse screen, otherwise theres a formula to calculate it in that "Single Place for all revealed formulas" thread.
Nick Sirock

+ / -

I believe it is (basevalue * (1 + (Q/50)))
Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

@ Nick: so for example, I've got some qa 98.97 cotton thread in my warehouse.

Plugging in your formula, I get $9.00 * (1 + (98.97/50))) = w/h value of $26.8146 -- rounded up, this gets $26.82. 90% of w/h value of $26.82 = $24.13.

I see the only current listing of non-NPC cotton is qa 101 +/1, for sale at over $46.00.

this is why I don't bother with the B2B market today; I'm sure it costs far less than $5.00 unit to make qa 101 cotton thread, so a player could list millions of units of this one textile as an example, and still make a decent profit, and the buyers of cotton thread could use this to produce whatever apparel they want,and they could still make a decent profit, either at their own apparel stores, or re-selling it on the B2B market.

if we could get far more players to lower their B2B retail asking prices, I think far more players would buy from each other, rather than construct these complex vertical and horizontal companies we see today.
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

+ / -

You should install the grease monkey scripts some nice folks have developed (see: http://www.ratjoy.com/forum/topic/greasemonkey-scripts/1) that give you auto calculation of warehouse value, etc.
Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

@ Mike Finn -- thanks. I do have Google Chrome, but I don't understand the Inx it gives. It says install, go to upper right box on Chrome, click Tools, Extension, then "drag Apps to Extensions box."

How do I do this?

I tried opening two windows of my computer files, so on the left side I have "downloads" and on the right side, I have the file folder for Google Chrome Extensions. I tried cutting and pasting into Extensions, and then (I thought) I ran install program.

but I don't see it listed under list of Extensions Apps, nor can I find it anywhere else on my computer. any suggestions?

and thanks for referring me back to this grease monkey script.
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

+ / -

@Andrew
These scripts are greasemonkey scripts, not Chrome Extensions. But there is a Chrome Extension called Tampermonkey that allows you to run greasemonkey scripts. So:
1) install Tampermonkey Chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo?hl=en-US
2) Open up the URLS in the forum posting at the bottom of: http://www.ratjoy.com/forum/topic/greasemonkey-scripts/1
3) Each one will bring up a page that has a green 'Install' button in the upper right-hand corner. Click that and it will install the greasemonkey script into tampermonkey.
4) after you do all of them, go to the B2B (or your warehouse) and see if they look different.
Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
I don't see a problem so much with B2B prices. You think that cotton thread is too expensive? You're free to buy your own R&Ds and factories, which take lots of time to build unless you expend some influence, and to buy your own research, which gets very expensive when you get up there in levels. You're also free to spend all your time micromanaging many companies that produce every single thing you need, if you don't want to pay so much.

It takes work to produce things; more than just selling things in stores. And selling things in stores is very profitable. Ideally, manufacturing should be just as profitable as selling, but usually it isn't. Selling in stores can be wildly profitable with enough m2 store space; you can fairly easily get more than twice what you paid on the B2B when you sell it in a store, often. You can pretty much set your own price if you have lots of store space and little competition.

The point is, it seems wrong to say that players don't know what they're doing when they set their prices on the B2B. The prices are that way because that's how the system is set up.
Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

@ Tiny -- I do understand all about the indirect costs of running a business. In real life, when public corporations release their reports as required by law, this line item is listed under Selling, Advertising, and General Administration. They also sometimes list a separate item for Research & Development.

I play another Capitalist business simulation , called Simunomic, which also lists R&D costs, Advertising, & etc.

None of these get listed under Cost of Goods Sold.

As I've raised the quality of some of my raw materials or finished products to 100, I am aware that to go from 90 to 100 can cost several billions, whereas to go from 1 to 70 can cost only under $1 billion , total.

so I am not without sympathy for the case you make.

I agree, in the case I used (cotton thread) , taking into account all the indirect costs, $26.00 per unit or whatever it's listed at, is quite reasonable.

But this still doesn't address the reason this thread got created in the first place: far too few players (at least on the Test Server) offering any raw or semi-finished goods for sale, period.

I am all in favor of player's who manufacture making a decent profit (again, taking into account all the indirect costs that went into getting the quality up to such a high level.)

But I hope you agree with me, there used to be (at least in the apparel group) plenty of clothes on the B2B market, which would allow the retailer far less than a 2x gross margin.

I hope this thread stimulates more players who play on the test server to offer more of their goods, so they (and I) can trade with each other, rather than relying 100% on our own companies.
Nick Sirock

+ / -

I have spent trillions on research, and still set my prices at a reasonable rate, research is a large factor into the warehouse value. The fact is items are too expensive, electricity is often at 150% warehouse value, there is no reasoning behind that. At all, other than people wanting to make more money, but it doesn't really make them more money it just encourages people to work by themselves and not buy from the b2b. I made my own supply chain because the prices on the b2b are terrible, and I'd rather every other player not have to make that same choice.
Bruce Heitz
RJ: Berkeley Food & Farm
CO: Berkeley

+ / -

Total Posts: 162
The other side of this has to do with the B2B requests. Some companies post requests for a price so low that a producer can't make a profit. This discourages producers from making products which could help the overall trade picture. For instance, someone lists an unlimited water request for the low price of 0.01 per unit when it costs around 0.03 to make. This isn't the only product I've seen. People need to check the Pedia and calculate a producer's costs before they offer such ridiculously low prices. If the Pedia calculations show that it costs approximately 0.24 to make strawberries, then the price offer should be enough higher to make it possible for a producer too supply the request at a reasonable profit. I'd love to have a producer-only company to help meet the supply needs of other companies so fewer people would feel the need to integrate their production rather than hook up with someone else.
Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.