Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Club Rats Den » Store Balance

Store Balance

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Next
Reiter Hexenmeister
RJ: Ritter Hexenmeister

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 22
If I remember correctly, store selling power are applied to each product in cents, so a cheap item right priced obtain same utility than expensive items in same store (e.g. can vs titanium alloy), which requieres several ticks to sell.

Reggarding to shelves as I said above, should be proportional to number of goods store can sell:

Aircraft broker sells 4 items
Apparel Store sells 37 items
Industrial store sells 27 items
Supermarket sells 164 items
Gas station sells 82 items

I think aircraft broker should start with one shelve and grow up util reach four (one each 200m^2), and maybe supermarket start with 15-20 shelves to grow until 82 (50%) (one each 25^2) or so. This can mantain variety on customer offer for stores, while each upgrade shelve set to f(size, selleable_goods) and max_shelves set to fraction of selleable_goods that decrease while selleable_goods rise, server performance don't be affected.
Harold Holt
RJ: Harold Holt

Post Rating: 8
+ / -

Total Posts: 28
So the store change as it stands means that my 12 apparel stores each have their own individual 8 shelves instead of sharing the same 37. This is going to be a micromanagement nightmare for me and exactly what I was suggesting we avoid. I do not have the time to check each store individually and even if I did I could see myself getting burnt out very very quickly.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
First thing I did after trying out the shelves myself is to add a "copy" function.

P.S. The change from "sell-all" to shelves first got into my head when I tried to price the 200 different items in the supermarket, and then it just grew till the point where nothing can stop it from happening. Sure, there are other ways to solve the problem, but I see this one as the best choice strategically.
Harold Holt

+ / -

Just gave it a go. I am finding it difficult to keep track of just 4 stores, I'd hate to see what it will be like when my other 8 stores finish building. And that's just for my first company.

I can't see why all slots for one store type can't be displayed at once. When I get time and motivation I'll try and do a mock up of what I was suggesting earlier.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
exactly, 8 shelves. 8 * 12 = 96. Every store type is now a 96 shelf store. With the added complexity that you can only view 8 at a time then click click click through the rest. then have to mix what sells in each one. then have to pay attention to each individual store size. You're making it worse.

All those smaller stores are now 96 shelf stores... And instead of one screen to fix discrepancies its 12!
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

@Aaron:

I believe the problem you're seeing is the same store multiplied 12 times, becoming 96 shelves and thus too much micromanagement. I admit I haven't thought about the issue in that perspective, as my head was filled with supermarket (200 items) + farmers market (100 items) + jewelry store (10 items) + gas station (50 items) + ... -> 350 items becoming 96 shelves.

The main point this time is we agree on one thing - reduce pointless clicking.

I've finally gotten rid of the "sell all" model, and I'm not going to put it back no matter what for the reason I described above. Now we just need a way to solve the new issue.
Harold Holt

+ / -

http://i50.tinypic.com/1249coj.jpg

This is what I had in mind, thought it would be easier to share a picture than to tell it in words, but I haven't reckoned with mspaint for a good long while.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
"can assign multiple shelves for a product"

I am against this idea, which is anyway incompatible with the "more used shelves = more sale power"
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
One quick improvement would be to at least make it a mouse over like the factory. Mouse over a store, just a small 8 line display:
Gold Necklace - 523 in stock
Silver Necklace - 800 in stock
Empty
Empty
Empty

Harold Holt

+ / -

Well you could limit the number of shelves you can assign to a single product by the number of stores you have, that way it works exactly the same as it does currently. Except with 50 less mouse clicks.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Thanks Harold, the picture is very clear.

I see your point and I actually agree with you that it's a much better idea.

Either that or a similar mechanism will get used once I figure out how I'd deal with the "summary scripts".
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Post Rating: 13
+ / -

Total Posts: 108
Suggestion: some sort of "add to all stores of type" button when assigning a shelf.
Reiter Hexenmeister
RJ: Ritter Hexenmeister

+ / -

Total Posts: 22
Sugestion: Can you put "24 hours units sold (you)" in store page. Sales per tick is useful for trends but 24 hours data, make ahead planning easy. Tanks.
Alexia Perdhaer
RJ: Alexia Perdhaer

+ / -

Total Posts: 100
I is confuse. When I asked for sales/m^2 you said: "Use 24 hours unit sell, average, price, demmand met, and do simple math, formulas are in a thread in general discussion forum." but you need a number multiplied by 96 for you? Have you tried multiplying by 100 for planning, giving you a 4 tick safety margin?
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Post Rating: 13
+ / -

Total Posts: 108
Suggestion, kind of: It would be pretty nice if my higher-quality products were actually more valuable and not just a way to obliterate markets for other players.
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.