Competing against a bot

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Next
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 214
What bothers me more is BallC typing a bunch of ridiculous things to justify it. Like is anyone seriously reading that, nodding their head, and saying "uhuh makes sense"?

I dont think he should be banned really, its RJs fault for explicitly saying its fine, but it irks me to when Ballc/others smugly says "just play better". When his bot plays the game theoretically perfectly watching all markets at once.

Im honestly at a loss at what to do at this point. He has over 5 times the amount of money as anyone else on the old server (not as much on the new server and not insurmountable if he stops now). It wouldnt be strictly fair to kill his companies and a server reset would be nuts.

But RJ, this is why they ban bots dude this was explained months ago by people who are not me. Another really freaking obvious thing.
Michael Tsui
RJ: Reisen
CO: Reisen Udongein Inaba

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 45
No.

By Permabanning him only on the c-o.com server, he is now forever relegated to a perpetual tester duty in the old server.

It would be a job he should relish in, that suits his talents, and that makes everyone happy except himself, and ultimately restore balance in the game while his talents are recognized and fully utilized.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Haha, I hadn't looked at him on the ratjoy server lately. I think he's running the entire market by himself now. That's hilarious.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
2. To make use of selfishly or unethically: a country that exploited peasant labor. See Synonyms at manipulate.
A J
RJ: amanbearpig
CO: aManBearPig

+ / -

Total Posts: 54
Since it seems pretty much everyone sans the (few?) botters are against bots, is there any method of talking to Scott about this? He doesn't seem to be as active on these forums as I remember when I started in EoS.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
You do know no one would give a crap if YOU were the captain of industry here.
id dumb
RJ: iddumb
CO: ID Dumb

+ / -

Total Posts: 7
It's Scott's pool.

If he's okay with you using flippers, I'll find another place to swim.

I can swim just fine without flippers, but it's not as much fun in your wake.

"ADMINISTRATOR, in its sole discretion, may determine if you have engaged in behavior that is improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the GAMES to other USERS. Such improper conduct includes, but is not limited to, violating any term or condition stated herein, harassing other USERS, accumulating unfair advantages through methods such as automated computer scripts or other programming techniques, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or otherwise tamper with the computer programs on this Web site without the explicit permission from the ADMINISTRATOR."
A J
RJ: amanbearpig
CO: aManBearPig

+ / -

Total Posts: 54
I think if one of the more established players here could make a post in a forum more likely to get Scott's attention regarding bots it could at least let us discuss it with him, hopefully. Perhaps someone like Rip or Kemp who have been around the forums and have interacted with Scott before. I'm not sure if he even notices this thread in the Newbie section. The amount of people playing is small enough as is, and if people get frustrated and leave it won't help anyone.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
We need a clear statement from RJ, this topic will be brought again and again by newcomers, over the time. And it seems that bots are already forbidden by rules "accumulating unfair advantages through methods such as automated computer scripts or other programming techniques". So Scott should do something to regulate / enforce law :)
id dumb
RJ: iddumb
CO: ID Dumb

+ / -

Total Posts: 7
Asking for a clarification of a comment made back in April about BETA that contradicts the TOS is whining?
Michael Tsui
RJ: Reisen
CO: Reisen Udongein Inaba

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 45
Ultimately games like this must submit to mobocracy if it is ever to become profitable.

Welcome to RL economics - you should please the crowd if your marginal cost is close to none compared to marginal profit.

Perhaps a more glorified non-player position like a tester or co-admin would be more beneficial.

Scott: I have to be very adamant to state this, but it seems decision making is all made behind closed doors. Either delegate some work (BallC seems to be a good candidate, if he is convinced to refrain from actually playing), or do in wide out in the open.
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
I think maybe Scott need to hire BallC to design some bots to run some "NPC" companies but maybe intentionally make it not as efficient so that there are more activity in the games. Later when there are more players and the simulation stabilized maybe disable those bots and let players run it.

Maybe it can be the solution for the stock market if it is going to be like b2b. That design need to have smarter roboinvestors that can calculate the real value of a company based on company current NW, history, profitability and potential growth in the future before deciding if they want to invest.We don't have enough players to have good liquidity in player only stock market so we still need NPC investors.
eric scott
RJ: Erik Scott
CO: Sappo

+ / -

Total Posts: 130
Not a bad idea at all really, just like you said... make the bot companies 'flawed'

Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Yes, I like that idea as well. It bails them both out of a tough situation, and actually uses Ball's greater desire to program, rather than play, as a positive. Great idea.
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
I have quit this game (both beta and capitalism), in part because of the Bot policy. Will check back in a few months to see if things have changed.
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.