Competing against a bot

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Next
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Geez...and it is still only June. Not even a full three weeks since the reset. I really feel sorry for someone coming in three months from now.
Michael Tsui
RJ: Reisen
CO: Reisen Udongein Inaba

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
Hear Him!
A J
RJ: amanbearpig
CO: aManBearPig

+ / -

Total Posts: 54
Is Scott around and reading the boards?
Michael Tsui
RJ: Reisen
CO: Reisen Udongein Inaba

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
If scott is never around, does not feel confident facing the truth, and/or torn between his loyalties to favorites like BallC and the swelling mob calling for his lynching, he must hire a PR officer to act as his mouth.

More importantly, hear your customers, and try to make everyone does not look like ranting for the sake of ranting.
Brent Goode

+ / -

Is it just me, or did the "Active Players" number come off the home page? Have we shrunk that much?
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
still display on ratjoy :

Beta v0.53
Current Active Users: 197
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
At this point, NPC bots that fill in B2B niches would be great, heck if I'm gonna buy glass bottles at extortionist or inflated import prices...
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
I vote against NPC bots for the B2B. Scott needs to make the B2B actually work for humans.
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
You mean for it to work for Sellers right?
Buyers are getting shafted if they don't go in-house.

I run an Apple farm, ain't nothing but Apples and Apple products made here... and it'll be over my stinking corpse if'n somepony is gonna turn Sweet Apple Acres to something else it ain't.
Moe Jack

+ / -

How are buyers shafted if they don't go in-house? For products with multiple stages of production you want to be able to produce the most value added products as you can for retail sale, right? at some point the cost of using two factory spots for mines rather than smelters/jewelry factories slows down the operations.
Moe Jack

+ / -

The high B2B pricing is really a market failure. Until the B2B is even remotely as lucrative as retail, few people will be crazy enough to try to focus on B2B (the land segmentation doesn't help either).

I think there should be a sales tax applied to retail sales.

Brent Goode

+ / -

I think there should be a income tax applied to salaries and bonuses.

Some B2B should be more profitable if there were no retail at all. Why is there a retail market for Steel, Titanium, or Titanium Alloy? When is the last time you saw bars of those items at Home Depot? We don't have Tools or Chain-link Fences. but we have rolls of Carbon Fiber. If certain building resources were B2B/Export only, they could be very lucrative.

I also think we miss the boat on the Export markets. In RL, one of the reasons things are imported in the US, is that everything is exported for higher profits. We import lumber from Canada, because we ship so much to Japan at higher prices. We ship high quality electronics to Europe, and import cheap Chinese junk. The money is in the export of quality goods. As usual, the game gets manipulated to force things into certain channels.

If Import/Export was set correctly, production qualities were controllable by the player with attached prorating of prices, and a better research tree was developed, this thing could really zoom, with players having a genuine myriad of choices in strategies to employ that would be profitable, and tons of niches that could be filled. Of course, you still have to get rid of the bots. Cheating is cheating, no matter how great the game platform is. And they will ruin the best laid plans of rats and men.
Kabal
RJ: Kabal
CO: Kabal

+ / -

Total Posts: 41
b2b prices are sometimes (on some products most of the times) ridiculous.
most of the times i rather take my time to produce in-house or even import than buy on b2b.multiplayer game or not i'm not here to throw millions at people expecting to make 50x out of a $1 product.
exports should be again quality related: what's the point on researching something if i can export Q0 products at the same price of Q50?
Moe Jack

+ / -

exports are q related, but it would be nice if there was some correspondence between supply and demand on there. I also don't understand at all why even bother having multiple countries with different prices that change once a day. No one would ever buy or sell to the less profitable country.
Kabal
RJ: Kabal
CO: Kabal

+ / -

Total Posts: 41
i'm under the impression that with new server q adjusted price dropped quite a bit on exports,but that might just be me,anyway in my opinion there isn't enough difference between low quality and high quality prices.
in fact,as someone else already pointed out,investing a lot on research might not be rewarding as it should on both export and b2b.
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.