Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Official Announcement: New Server to Launch on 6/1

Official Announcement: New Server to Launch on 6/1

Previous [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 22
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
The new server is at www.capitalism-online.com

IMPORTANT:
I just modified the login code TODAY to use single-sign-on, so you may need to log out from ratjoy.com, then log back in for it to work.

The new server is still undergoing its testing phase. A wipe will take in place around 06/04/2012 00:00:01. Gifts and bonuses will be distributed around 06/10/2012 00:00:01.

Once again, sorry about the delay.

I'd like to give special thanks to BallC for pointing out DOZENS of bugs. The funny thing is most of them are still around on ratjoy.com today, but we're just "too big here" to notice them here.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 153
Hopefully that includes bot accounts? It seems that is being used to bypass the jobs limit thus allowing one person to run more companies than any one person should be capable of.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Yes.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
great news
Nin Sandhu
RJ: Raskilinov
CO: Raskilinov

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
Possible newbie question - can I have some clarity?

Q) If I sign up to capitalism-online.com, will my account from Ratjoy be transferred, or must I start afresh?

Kind Regards
Raskilinov
Anna Banana
RJ: Sue MacLean
CO: Sue MacLean

+ / -

Total Posts: 19
What about roommates/spouses with accounts? Is that still OK? :) If not, could linking to facebook help us with that?

Edit: I think we're all starting fresh! (And I think it will be fun!) :D
Bob Malone

+ / -

As in similar games, I suppose roomates/spouses are allowed as soon as you are playing fair between accounts, and that you don't log to your roomates/spouses account and vice versa.

And yes, we are starting fresh.
Nin Sandhu
RJ: Raskilinov
CO: Raskilinov

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
Cheers Bob.
David Donlon
RJ: Fenious Buttersmith

+ / -

Total Posts: 79
Since you mention any new changes coming to this server first, I guess that means that this little universe will continue. Which is good! But I'm not sure I have the mental capacity to do both..

Which to choose which to choose..
Dominykas Nasutavičius
RJ: Dominique De Pomme
CO: Dominique de Pomme

+ / -

Total Posts: 11
You've mentioned that oldies who played nice will get some rewards in the new server, is that still on the table?
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 153
Or at least disable it on the new system until the structure has been fully "vetted" for lack of a better word. There is no bigger threat to equal player competitiveness on the new server than the stock market.

Hopefully it will take a t least a week before anyone is able to IPO.
Dana Sands
RJ: Fred Fredrickson
CO: Fred Fredrickson

+ / -

Total Posts: 26
I'm just hopeful that my company's (in my real-life job) firewall doesn't prevent access to it. I can't get to ratjoy.com at work because it is categorized as "games" by my company's web-filter so if you could work around that, I think you'll get a bunch more players (or at least more active ones).

I'd love to be able to check in on my companies a couple of times each day and I think the short breaks would make me a more productive employee overall but right now I can't and it makes me sad.
Sirian Aralim
RJ: Sirian
CO: Sirian

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
@ Dana Sands : Scott can't do anything about which url gets added to your company's web-filter (except keeping his game secret, which is not in anyone's interest), but you can work around it on your end, for instance you could use your home computer as a proxy. Or find a proxy that's not blocked by the filter. There are probably many other ways to do it, surely a quick google search would give you more information than i have.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Will we still start with a plantation?
How small is a "small bonus" for beta testers?
Will there still be an ENN outlet to write for?
Does "yes" mean there will be <9>no</i> bots in Cap?

In reworking the stock market, we need a mechanism for dead accounts to have their shares released to the public, or a buy-out clause. Also, if you buy back more than 80% of shares, you are no longer a public company, but have "gone private." Which should bring your outstanding loans due. You shouldn't get to have it both ways. But...I digress.

Can't wait for the relaunch. I may pare back to one company here, to stay abreast of changes and be a continuing tester, and start anew in Cap with a level playing field.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
Great news on update 2. Thanks scott.
Bob Malone

Post Rating: -7
+ / -

+1
Previous [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.