5/6 ANNOUNCEMENT

Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 214
I like that too. I hadn't gotten involved in the market yet because it seemed really volatile. That would make it more approachable.
Innocent Bystander
RJ: Matthew Matician

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 76
I can appreciate where you're coming from Scott/Ratan, and after so many people jumped on the stock market exploit, it makes sense that you don't want to waste your time wading through the logs to see who did what to take it away. I'd probably do the same thing if I were in your shoes.

I won't lie though--after putting so many hours into building up one of the biggest (legit) companies on the site, knowing that everything I'm working on right now is effectively going to be wiped really takes the wind out of my sails. Do you have a rough sense of when you'll move out of beta and into capitalism-online.com?
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
I think players will figure out new exploit after the ask/bid system. We have one guy trying to find way to stop exploit vs over 1000 players that are trying to find exploit. I don't think the odd is at the side of the one guy. :)

Now as for fix/change. Instead of like B2B, it should be like store sales with supply and demand for the non player investors since we still going to need non player investors. A pure b2b stock market where the only investors are players will likely to kill the stock market since it'll be hard to find investors for your company because of the competition.

Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 341
Personnaly I would go for smarter robo investor rather than stocks B2B... It would never be liquid enough to be playable imho.

Today robo investors are just plain stupid, and stocks value is just crazy.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Victoria: You attract investors with dividends obviously. Right now there is little reason to have them.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Do you have a rough sense of when you'll move out of beta and into capitalism-online.com?

Original plan is today, but now it'll be after changing the stock market. Since that's a lower priority compared to the store overhaul, it'll be after that too, so maybe 2 weeks later.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Maybe you could just temporarily disable the stock market? Folks won't be able to actually do an IPO for a few weeks anyway.

I'll be around regardless though. I like your game so I'll be playing the release, even if I have to wait a month for it :P
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
Victoria: You attract investors with dividends obviously. Right now there is little reason to have them.

Please also restrict the possibility to change the dividend. Buying stocks and seeing 3 min later than dividend is set to 0 is just not realistic. It should be defined for a week at least.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
yeah the stock market is not needed until there are mature companies pulling in enough profits to give out dividends
Victoria Raverna

+ / -

I agree with Cian Kemp. Disable the stock market. Let people play the company building side of the game then only implement stock market when the bugs/unintended features and obvious exploits are fixed.
Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Wuvil,

Nice theory but without roboinvestors most companies will not be able to attract enough investors since your competitors will also raise dividend. Only the best and most profitable companies in the games will be able to sell stocks. Why would you invest in company No. 100 in profitability when you can invest in the top 10? There are not enough liquid cash in the stock market without roboinvestors.

Without roboinvestors, I think I'll keep my company private because then it'll be more profitable for me since I can't count on other to buy my IPO. Without the advantage of increasing stock price because of IPO, why would I limit my ability to move fund around by going public?

Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
To be completely honest I don't really see much point in the stock market at all. The game is about running a company. You get one nice inflow of cash from an IPO, then the only other thing to do is set a dividend giving out your profits... From an investor stand point I can buy shares and get a little dividend. Or hope someone else wants the dividend so bad that they pay me more for my shares than I paid for them. Kind of boring, which is why it got exploited. Theres not much else to do with it. Real companies don't watch their share price and continuously issue new shares to raise capital. That just hurts shareholders.
David Donlon
RJ: Fenious Buttersmith

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 79
Do whatever you have to do, Scott. I enjoyed getting to where I am and won't mind doing it again.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
I am on the no stock market until it is more worked out. Really no need for it and you could still hire people. I don't think it makes the core game any more fun and is very likely to destroy the enjoyment of actually playing the game for many if not done properly.

If people want a good stock market sim play Wall Street Raider. Best I have seen.

The biggest reason I think is because it makes it easier to sort out who did what when improper things are done. No need to figure out who was in charge or behind certain actions.

Oh and I am indifferent about the reset but slightly more in favor than against.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
Yea Id rather do the fresh start ASAP with stock market off. Its no like there gonna be tons of companies wanting to go public right away.
Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Next

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments.