Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » 5/6 ANNOUNCEMENT

5/6 ANNOUNCEMENT

Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next
Gail B
RJ: Gail Goose

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 14
But what about those of us who saw that items was being purchased for incredible amounts, and decided to get in on that, and are now jailed (Indefinitely in my case. That said, the amount I made was *ridiculous* but if somebody wants to buy beef at 20k a pop I'm not going to ask questions, am I?)? Can't really blame people for seeing that prices had skyrocketed, surely?

Edit: Though I guess in my case it might be because I took a (extremely well paying, I'd-be-a-fool-not-to) job at GOON just before the fuss ended, did everybody at that company get banned? Because there are probably a few there who didn't actually do the exploit as well.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

Post Rating: 202
+ / -

Total Posts: 341
"these was clearly abnormal prices so I would be stupid to not take advantage of it, why I am punished ?"

Very funny.

"hey officer, my car is able to drive a 250 km/h, I would be really stupid to drive at 110 km/h as requested to have the road usable by everyone"
Gail B
RJ: Gail Goose

Post Rating: -19
+ / -

Total Posts: 14
Post hidden due to its low rating (click here to show post)
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 108
It's the player's choice, but I'd say those who get jailed are jailed for stupidity.

You could say that.

You'd be a fool to do so.
Bob Malone

Post Rating: -3
+ / -

I would have expected to see some players whining about Ratan to not prevent this bug exploit to exist, because it clearly destroyed the game for the 90 % of players looking for a fair game*, but no, I see only players whining about jail because they took advantage of this bug exploit.

( * and this quite admirable to see that there are so few, meaning that most of us have in mind that, this game is free, this game is in beta, and shit may happen )
John Bouton
RJ: John Bouton
CO: LOL

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 20
People tend to complain when enforcement of the rules is inconsistent. You can keep using the word "whining" all you want but that doesn't change the fact that someone like goose is jail indefinitely for taking stock exploit cash second hand while people who have actually utilized the exploit remain unpunished.
Nwabudike Morgan

Post Rating: 3
+ / -

The problem is not jailing people, it's that Ratan is too busy alienating players (inconsistently, at that) to fix the problems with his game. What, he isn't even willing to change his to-do list based on feedback about what's more urgently broken? What's the point of a game in beta if all you do with it is go on power trips on random players and ignore the ways they show that your game is broken?

Every single time the GOONS break something, some unrelated player who sold something expensive or bought up the shell of a scam company gets caught in the crossfire of jail and fines. Then someone else breaks the same thing again, because the developer for the game says this of exploits: "There's nothing I can do about that."
Bob Malone

Post Rating: 19
+ / -

Sorry about the use of "whining", I forgot it has a negativ connotation, english is not my native language. Please read "complaining" instead.

I am not sure that Ratan is doing unconsistent punishment by purpose, he let the first one doing the thing, but now there are many others doing the same, it should be pain in the ass to trace all the abuses and fine/jail all of them, especially when there are tons of others things to do in parallel. IMHO he should focus on fixing the system instead of punishing/correcting things, that would benefit to the new server, the current world is anyway broken/lost.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
@Nwabudike Morgan
Although I do appreciate your concerns with all the minor bugs you've been reporting to me, I can't help but feel you're biased on this issue because as far as I know, I don't punish random players.

As for me, I KNOW I'm biased on not punishing Walter the first time he used the exploit. I'd be happy to listen to all suggestions and bugs is and always was my primary concern before any new features. Unfortunately ever since the first drama involving JOI I started to prioritize based on how well I know the players. There are some people I truly care about, and others I don't mind ignoring. Just know you're on my favorable list, same as CV.
Nwabudike Morgan

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

You do, in fact, punish random players. If a player sells something expensive and a bug abuser buys it, you punish the player who sold something expensive!
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

You call those random players?

Also I just had a moment to think, and my oversight on the exploit goes as the following:
1. You were only able to issue more shares when you control 80%+.
2. If share prices increase, you'll still need lots of player cash to buy it up, and this can't be done lawfully without B2B money-laundering from public to private companies.
3. [Invalid Assumption] Cheaters are smart and would like to remain at the top, and not to appear there for a few seconds or to disrupt the B2B.
4. [Somewhat Invalid Assumption] The dividends and bonus package from issuing new shares are not enough to allow purchase of newly released shares.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
The problem is IPOs and then follow on offerings are creating money. Player money needs to buy those shares not magic robocitizens. A company should not get 30G from pressing a button. A company should receive that money if that is how the market values it. Thats a simple realworld fact. Apple can't just decide to issue a billion shares and instantly get 569 billion dollars cash in its account. That money does not exist...
Sean Wright
RJ: Mr. Wright
CO: Sean Wright

Post Rating: 19
+ / -

Total Posts: 32
That is not the problem. It is ok for robot shareholders to buy up the stock instantly. It is a game and it shouldn't work exactly like real life. The problem is that the money made from an IPO or that there after is considered INCOME and then a player can take 20% of that as a bonus plus issue large dividends to get most of the money to buy back its own stock. The player should not get the money as a bonus and the max dividend should be based as a percentage of the companies income which should not include money raised from stocks.

Money raised by stock should have its own place on the balance sheet and should never reach the player.
walker page
RJ: walker page
CO: Walk

+ / -

Total Posts: 6
You call those random players?

...yes?
Scott (Admin)

Post Rating: -2
+ / -

The problem is IPOs and then follow on offerings are creating money.

I agree with that from the first moment the current stock market was implemented. But please understand the stock market was created when we had 50 players, and likewise the code for a ask/bid system does not magically appear either.

It takes time and patience, and once again the impatient "bug reporters" who went about wrecking everything hurt the game more than helping it.
Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments.