5/6 ANNOUNCEMENT

Previous [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 207
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Looked like some people had a "fun" weekend.

Since I look at all the "player generated actions" as attempts to FORCE me to change my to-do list for a game in beta, here's what I'll do, and I will not be fair.

I've made the decision to cancel my plan to migrate the DB from ratjoy.com to capitalism-online.com. Once the server is up there, everyone there will start anew. The game on ratjoy.com will still remain and act as an "experimental world" where changes are sudden and exploits are rampant, and the corrupt president (me) can "exile" anyone and "shutdown" any companies at will.

Any attempt to disagree to this announcement may get you silenced.

UPDATE:
I'm changing the admin interface today instead of changing the code to move to the new server, when this is done any company involved will be dissolved, players will be jailed, and some IPs will be banned.

UPDATE 2:
The problem automatically gets solved when the ask/bid systems gets put in, but once again, the todo list exists and doesn't get changed by events like this one. Lastly, thanks to everyone who sent me your kind words, I'll keep the game running even if I ban 5% of the population this round.
James Grey
RJ: Dairy Aire
CO: Dairy Aire

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 26
Drinks all round gentlemen.
John Doe
RJ: T-man
CO: T-man

Post Rating: 5
+ / -

Total Posts: 16
Shameful that the actions of a few can cause such unrest. :(
Rock Bottom
RJ: Xoz Dragon
CO: Xoz Dragon

Post Rating: -3
+ / -

Total Posts: 1
As usual a handful of bad eggs ruins something fun for the rest of us.
Scott (Admin)

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

I'm changing the admin interface today instead of changing the code to move to the new server, when this is done any company involved will be dissolved, players will be jailed, and some IPs will be banned.
Herb Derpman
RJ: Herb Derpman
CO: Herb Derpman

+ / -

Total Posts: 35
I feel bad, as I took advantage of their buying spree to make a rather ridiculous sum of money. I'm sure many others did also.

What sort of punishment are we going to be looking at for this? :-( Hopefully not my whole company dissolved.
Gail B
RJ: Gail Goose

+ / -

Total Posts: 14
Aw man applying for that ultra-high paying dream job is going to get my beef business dissolved.
John Doe
RJ: T-man
CO: T-man

Post Rating: 7
+ / -

Total Posts: 16
So with the impeding wipe, I just can't justify playing such a messed up game. I have sold everything I can and I urge others to do so too. This incarnation is just too messed up by both bugs and people to be worth it.

I am John Galt.
Blast Hardcheese
RJ: Blast Hardcheese

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 24
Free Market at work!
John Bouton
RJ: John Bouton
CO: LOL

+ / -

Total Posts: 20
A reset isn't a punishment it was the only reasonable course of action even before all this. How many super rich people in this game made their cash exploiting glitches in the system or (now balanced) imbalanced systems?

Using this as a test server for changes once the new game version goes online would be a good idea.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

Post Rating: -10
+ / -

Total Posts: 214
Post hidden due to its low rating (click here to show post)
Blast Hardcheese
RJ: Blast Hardcheese

Post Rating: 9
+ / -

Total Posts: 24
You're no goon!
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 341
as soon as the game is in BETA, we all know that such kind of things may happen.
Of course, it's really disappointing for people like me who played always fair and spent time on the game, even if I am quite new ( that should be pain in the ass for older players ).

If the new world have some background rules to prevent such abuse, it would be nice, otherwise this wipe would have been totaly useless.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
I for one look forward to a fresh start. Game is getting very silly lately with all the exploits. I just hope you manage to squash all the bugs and exploits before moving to the new server. Starting fresh on a new server with the stock market simply turned off would probably be a good thing until it's working.

IMO you should make the stock market act kinda like the b2b - an IPO would put up X many shares at $1, and the company would get the money as they sell - and each one would sell at simply $1 with no increase as it goes up. Then players could put shares up for sale and trade back and forth as much as they wanted. A second issue could give the option of how much you want to charge for them, with the minimum being the average of what the shares have been trading for the last few days OR the company's current net worth divided by total shares outstanding (to prevent someone putting shares up cheap and buying them to rip off other stockholders). In a system like that a buyback would be easy too - just give a button for the company to purchase shares off this market like a player would.

With a system like that you could just click on a company and see if any shares are available and at what price in a little listing like the b2b, and you could post your own shares there to sell them. Having buy orders might be a good idea too - someone could put that they want X many shares at $Y and someone else might come along and click it to sell them. It wouldn't be quite as liquid as the robo investors, but it would have a lot less chance of being abused. It could limit the price the shares are sold at to a minimum of 50% of the company's current net worth and a max of 10x the current net worth to help prevent people transferring money between accounts.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

To me, the problem gets automatically solved when the ask/bid system is put in and the wacky equation is taken out, and that's always been the plan.
Herb Derpman
RJ: Herb Derpman
CO: Herb Derpman

+ / -

Total Posts: 35
I do think treating shares more like the B2B as well as adding buy orders would be a really nice step.
Previous [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments.