Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Capitalism First Impressions

Capitalism First Impressions

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Next
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 153
Don't get me wrong. I am enjoying playing but I am in the don't care about being in the top ten lot. But I think I am in the minority in that. If anything it makes it easier on me, the competition in the areas I am in is rather sparse. I have of 50% of the market in 90% of the things I sell. Just they make me thousands a day not millions.

SO how is the jewelry market this time around? I know on the other server that was another big money product area for quite some time.

(edit)

Looks about the same just less of the same.

$1.4M was spent on gold necklaces while about $500k was spent on milk in a carton.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Boost demand of low value goods...?
Serge Devereux
RJ: Ted Crisp
CO: Ted Crisp

+ / -

Total Posts: 15
Turn off importing airplanes.
Gheed Baiwa ben sandara
RJ: Bob
CO: Bob

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
B2B seems dead. Not many people buy from B2B it seems. Makes me sad.
Gheed Baiwa ben sandara

+ / -

Food products, drinks, meat and such things. Seems Im just in the wrong line of business :p
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Ball: No, I am no that individual. I agree with your last post, for the most part, as another aspect of the problem.

Gheed's issue is correct, however, and one I have stated before as well. The B2B in food is down right ridiculous sometimes. I have purchased goods there and been able to sell them, but it seems to be 1 in 50 products that are like that. The already thin margins on food seem to drive suppliers to want to sell on the B2B at prices higher than the going retail. Some of it is the 2x guys, some of it is lack of demand for all the people growing foods, mostly it is stupid greed. But it seems to be most endemic in the foods industry.
Michael Tsui
RJ: Reisen
CO: Reisen Udongein Inaba

+ / -

BB/Gheed: I'm unsure. If one decide to foray into the cooked food market its empty - people still cannot dine out in Econosia.

Though from my experiences it is one of the most troublesome chains to follow.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
You can't count on imports of things you need for a lot of those products. You can import planes but whole chickens, steaks, or charcoal. Forget about it.
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
@Gheed: What are you selling and how high above 'wholesale'? Cause I generally ignore things that are above 2x wholesale. I'm sure others have a higher threshold... but ya...

And there is also the issue of expanding or filling more of my shelves..
Michael Tsui
RJ: Reisen
CO: Reisen Udongein Inaba

+ / -

But if you have 10-20m this would be a good escape route.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Yeah a lot of people are charging WAY to high on B2B in regards to food. Price lower and I'll buy. Pricing 10-100X wholesale and expecting to sell much/anything and you need your head examined...
Gheed Baiwa ben sandara

+ / -

I usually sell between 2-8x wholesale. At the moment I sell different kinds of food ingredients, raw meat, canned food, beverages. Don't feel confident enough to specialize in a few key products. I'd like to work together with others to set up a chain (hot food sounds good).
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
arg I didnt notice my company was lvl 6 so upgrades are not instant anymore :(
David McDonough
RJ: AutoMcBeeziness
CO: AutoMcBeeziness

+ / -

Total Posts: 6
I don't understand the demand. I'm selling for much lower than WASP, then I see on the chart WASP price goes UP, and my revenue BOMBS. I have higher than average quality and my price has not changed.. and the demand met is lower than 50%. Shouldn't my sales be going UP??
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
omg I sold my company by mistake, I am screwed ... I thought I was on EoS and not in new server.... SOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAD... :( I just lost 24M by going this ( the loan amount ) + many on-going upgrade launched before daily update
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.