Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Capitalism First Impressions

Capitalism First Impressions

Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I hate to say it (ok, maybe I only hate to say it a little bit...) but warnings were sounded before the server went up about these demand issues. When you are totally saturated with only 300 players, it makes no sense to assume more, or less, would have any different result. And the problem is with how the formula was conceived. The number of players, or their square footage, can only be a factor on top of a real, independent baseline.
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Yeah, the lack of any extant demand outside of what's defined by the square footage of the playerbase is making for a weirdly conservative starting market. I'm selling several hundred *dollars* of espresso a tick out of a 100m cafe, and I'm currently the entire market. Demand is slowly crawling down from where it peaked at ~1,000% after a single early tick in which I sold my entire small supply of units in one tick.

So, quick cash injection out of what seems like an aberrant bit of behavior, and then a forecast of daily sales going forward of maybe $30K? That won't even cover my starter loan interest, let alone maintenance and salaries.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
Scott announced that this release would be harder, and that bankrupcy was possible.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
I have everything invested and producing.

Just hope I can get profitable in a day or two as I am under $1M cash now.
Brent Goode

+ / -

Really...LOL

Hey, I can't log in to the Cap portion right now. I am getting a "Error in Redirect" message.

Bob: I seem to remember that, and I don't mind harder. But there is hard, and there is "What the hell," and I find the import market more of a "What the hell" event. Still, there is always the Government Subsidy Programs, also known as Corporate Welfare, to help with the growth issues. I have no doubt it will work itself out sooner or later.
Brent Goode

+ / -

The page isn't redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I am not disabling or refusing anything new.
Josh Millard

+ / -

Try switching to another product that is less than 100% demand met?

That would be a massive violation of the company ethos. It's coffee or die. What I'm actually doing is getting production far enough along to sell higher volume at lower prices, and that's working okay, 700% demand or no. Should at least cover expenses with a little luck.
Josh Millard

+ / -

I am not disabling or refusing anything new.

I go that earlier as well. Try hitting the bare domain again, that worked fine for getting me back in.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
I will spend a little more once I get a handle on what my daily expenses are looking like. I am determined not to get nailed with the dreaded 5% loan fee.
david wile
RJ: Noxiousdog
CO: Noxiousdog

+ / -

Total Posts: 25
The dreaded 5% loan fee is nothing on (at least) 20% roi
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
Yea I was having that same issue. Just go to the site directly and that cleared it up.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Thanks, fixed.

Please continue to help me monitor the "cookie auth" functionality in the next few days. In general, the goal is once you are logged in you should NOT be logged out unless you manually log out.
Roland Burke
RJ: Roland
CO: Roland Burke

+ / -

Total Posts: 10
How does someone already have 1500 m2 factory and 600 m2 store?
Tony Soprano
RJ: Tony Soprano
CO: Anthony Soprano

+ / -

Total Posts: 30
Good question. The factory is a plantation so it is only half the cost of most factories, but I don't know about the store also. Unless he was constantly flipping products and materials since right after the server started, even then I don't know. Plus, I think the person with the 1500m2 plantation also has a level 18 research on oranges.
Brent Goode

+ / -

That would be a massive violation of the company ethos. It's coffee or die.

LOL LOL LOL LOL
Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.