Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Capitalism First Impressions

Capitalism First Impressions

Previous [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Just seemed like a new thread was needed to discuss the game other than the original announcement, which is now all over the map. Scott may want to start a forum just for Cap, I don't know.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
I choosed a mix strategy ( store and goods production ) and it doesnt seem optimal... Production is obviously slow at start, and stores are hardly selling. But let's see how things evolve.
Brent Goode

+ / -

I really do have to question the demand function. It seems to me that if your demand is strictly governed by the number of players in the game, you will constantly run into head room issues. Should there maybe be a base number of buildings built in, that the player buildings figures are added too? Again, to have so many products at more than 100% Demand Met on day one is just a bit incredulous, and makes for a more-than-necessary slowdown in growth do to lack of profits...or sales for that matter...and may even forced losses, as the only way out may be to sell off the unsalable items in the export market.
Brent Goode

+ / -

I chose the same strategy with the same results.

I am truly becoming convinced that the slowdown is on purpose to let Scott see exploited bugs faster/better. Otherwise, $18 apples is just silly. He has quit being as silly as he was when I first started here. Mostly. :-D
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
I have about 140m in production and 25m store and I dont know if I should have gotten a bigger store or what because Im only pulling ~2k a tick on good high Q imports. But I dont know if having a giant store and no production would be fun or viable yet. Maybe I did too much production but this is how I did it the first time. There was a brisk B2b in all products then too.

Edit: I bet some of it is psychological too because we went from 1000s of m of space to 10m.
Roland Burke
RJ: Roland
CO: Roland Burke

+ / -

Total Posts: 10
Yeah, what is demand doing? It's like there's only room for one person to be in a market.
Brent Goode

+ / -

Andrew: You may be right, at least in part, about the psychology aspect. And also the fact that we started in a more sophisticated economy. But I still was able to be loan-free and making some kind of profits to work with by the end of a few days there. At this rate, it will take a couple of weeks just to get profitable by more than needed to grow a few m2's a day, if that, with no loan repayment. And advertising doesn't seem any cheaper, for all the "lack" of population.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
Yea theres definately an issue with demand. I think we need simply need more warm bodies playing or a relaxed demand equation to loosen things up.
martin uzz
RJ: Martinuzz
CO: martinuzz

+ / -

Total Posts: 59
I've just filled my 8 shelves of my 100m2 farmer's market with 10k of 8 types of fruits and veggies bought from import market at ridiculous prices. I'm gonna wait and see if they sell at somewhat under X2. If not, I'll be bankrupt in a few days I guess.

Only 3 building spots for factories and a single $100 one for research seem a bit restrictive. Especially considering that 2 out of those 3 factory spots will have to be used for power and water. Early game will be ....very....slow.... like this. I was thinking before that I'd go build some electronics or other complicated stuff on the new server, but I just built a farm, as it seems that is about the only thing that I can develop and produce from one factory / laboratory
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Demand does seem a little slow. Profitability is a bit painful so far in the electronics store business. Part of it is due to some folks cutting their prices way down. In one market I was selling 1 per tick and there were 2 per tick being sold all total at 2x import. Someone cut their price down to 1.3x import and all it did was make them sell 2 per tick and me sell 1 every 2 ticks at the same price. So it went from both of us making 1x import price per tick to him making 0.6x import and me making 0.5x import.

On one hand, now they're making 20% more than the competition (me). On the other hand, they're making 40% less than they were making when we both made the same amount. Yay for shooting yourself in the foot and taking the competition with you?

I can understand undercutting someone when you produce it cheap, but just cutting your overall profits down by cutting your margin so low seems a bit counterproductive. The quality is still import-level so I know they aren't producing it.
martin uzz

+ / -

WASP in farmers market is below import price for a lot of articles :(
For example, blueberries have a WASP of 0.1 * import price. They don't sell at all in my store, unless I sell them for much less than I paid for them (I paid $33 for them, WASP is 3.80) This sucks. People should stop underpricing their crops.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I'm looking at the stats right now, and it looks whoever it is that specialized in coconuts is doing extremely well.

EDIT: I didn't look at the quality, Q30 is not supposed to be around, it will be fixed at the next B2B update.

Also keep in mind price affects demand, so lower price = higher sales (for you) AND higher future demand (for everyone).
martin uzz

+ / -

I bought only q30 products from the import market
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Some of the markets seem a bit anemic. Take digital cameras, for instance - for some reason the demand number took a nose dive, and now it's 258.76% demand met with 25 sold. Total demand was only 10 at the average price of 9.03k. Import price is 5872. So the ENTIRE market for digital cameras only had a profit of around 30k? Even going so far over is only a total profit of ~75k divided among all the sellers.

I bought 10 before the demand plummeted, assuming I could sell them, but I only managed to move 2 before the adjustment made the demand met way over 100% and they stopped selling, then people dipped their priced super low to keep them selling and got the demand met way over 100%. Apparently that market got saturated with several sellers at once, but it's still a bit harsh.
Bruce Wayne
RJ: Bruce Wayne
CO: Bruce Wayne

+ / -

Total Posts: 37
Just like my strategy in capitalism 2 I'm going full retail using imports to begin with. Once I get a real revenue stream I can move on to production; it's all been planned out. My only hitch was the demand issues that's came up which forced me to restart and go with an apparel store.

I won't know until tonight but looks like I'm 1 of the top 3 wholesalers. Glad I'm not in the same business as ballmart. Mr. Archer would be formidable competition.
David Gray
RJ: graydoo
CO: graydoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 11
I really haven't a clue how to handle prices or demand, pretty much nothing I learned from the last server can be carried over. It doesn't help that my production seems to far outweigh my selling power even if I try pricing very low to shift it.

In the past it was always simple enough to quality-adjust your price to the market but that completely falls through with 100% market share. :(
Previous [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.